Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91036 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 13: Rampant Butchery]
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2010, 03:49:49 am »

I use my knowledge of entropy-based anti-magic spells to disrupt maxicaxi's 4D Pocket. It is dangerous to stick around in a dimension that's losing its form, but at least he won't be frozen in time anymore.

That might work if you knew where his prison was/how to reach it, but as far as you can tell he's just "gone."

Also, wolfchild's attempts to summon him out didn't work (or at least, wouldn't have without serious risk) because it's a necromancy spell holding him, and therefore attempts to summon him out would require necromancy knowledge to do properly. Most other methods will require necromancy to be paired (in other words, primary school used at no more than 1 higher than necromancy) to work as well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2010, 04:31:25 am »

so it is in fact more difficult than if i had actually been dead?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2010, 04:32:38 am »

try to destroy the spell
I think in prison you can't do anything. At all.

You're just going to have to wait until someone else rescues you. Though, there's no guarantee that you can even be saved.

i know i am dead. look he has even removed my status!
Then... Why are you still trying to do actions? ???
im hoping that owl will take pity on me
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2010, 04:33:00 am »

I use my knowledge of entropy-based anti-magic spells to disrupt maxicaxi's 4D Pocket. It is dangerous to stick around in a dimension that's losing its form, but at least he won't be frozen in time anymore.

That might work if you knew where his prison was/how to reach it, but as far as you can tell he's just "gone."

Also, wolfchild's attempts to summon him out didn't work (or at least, wouldn't have without serious risk) because it's a necromancy spell holding him, and therefore attempts to summon him out would require necromancy knowledge to do properly. Most other methods will require necromancy to be paired (in other words, primary school used at no more than 1 higher than necromancy) to work as well.
While I don't know about extradimensional prison and where it is, I know that maxicaxi has been mumbling something about dimensions and shoving the demon into them and then disappeared hands-first in flames of indisputably magic origin. Therefore I decide that he tried to cast 4D Pocket that will support life and it backfired, and I'm aware of my inaptitude at conjuring things from thin air, so I don't even try a direct approach you have described. Instead I cast Dispel at the mental image of maxicaxi. I won't be affected by necromancy penalties because I'll only sever spell's connection to power supply(to maxicaxi, in that case) and let maxicaxi escape on his own, as opposed to trying to reverse-engineer an apprentice necromancer's unoptimized improvization of a spell and find maxicaxi's little cozy universe in the extradimensional space of alien geometries.

And just in case you won't let me do that anyway... I enchant my dagger with Dissipation on strike.

UPD: Edited to make sense and be a bit more gramatically correct.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:10:52 am by HmH »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2010, 04:56:35 am »

I charge forward and attack a demon
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2010, 09:15:46 am »

Sorry in advance, Frelock

Having seen a few magical healings in his time, Sargoth tries his hand at it with Frelock, using moderate power to gently heal his eyes.

I can't see any way in which this could possibly fail.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2010, 03:53:57 pm »

I can't see any way in which this could possibly not fail.
Fixed.

Trust me, the dice are just that bad.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2010, 11:38:33 pm »

Just in case anybody is waiting for Frelock, he won't participate this weekend.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2010, 11:47:34 pm »

Well then...

SUPER INPATIENT SUPERPOWERS GO!

ROLLSSS!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2010, 03:04:58 pm »

Turn 14: "Sorry in advance, Frelock"

Quote from: Tarran
I preform an epic jump-attack on the demon attacking Fre/Frelock.
[5] vs [2] You leap into the air, bringing your sword through the demon and into the ground. Nothing happens for a moment. Then a thin line appears right down the demon's middle, followed by it damn near bursting apart. What are you, an anime hero?
+3 Swordsman
New Technique: Diamond Cutter

Quote from: wolfchild
I try to cast a haste spell on the Grinder
[2-1][Luck 5] You rush over and attempt to haste the grinder. Fortunately, your bungled spell has no effect on the grinder.

Quote from: HmH
I enchant my dagger with Dissipation on strike.
Enchant [4][Luck 1], Destruction [2+2][Luck 3]. You manage to enchant the dagger so that it deals additional damage from emanating destructive power. Unfortunately, this isn't particularly strong, and the effect applies continuously, dealing damage to the wielder, scabbard, desk it's on, etc. over time.
+2 Enchanting
Steel Dagger enchanted to Dissipating Steel Dagger

Quote from: Ochita
I charge forward and attack a demon
[4] vs [6] You miss, and the demon nearly knocks you off your feet.

Quote from: Paranatural
Having seen a few magical healings in his time, Sargoth tries his hand at it with Frelock, using moderate power to gently heal his eyes.
[1-1][Luck 5] Fre's eyelids seal completely shut and begin to thicken, and his ears and nostrils seal for good measure. On the bright side, having seen a lot of healing in your time, you can definitively say that this is scar tissue and so will be easier to remove than if you'd simply mutated him horribly.

Demon [5] vs Ochita [2]
Demon [2] vs Seymore [1+1]
Grinder [5-1] vs Demon [4]

One demon pummels Ochita, while another engages in a stalemate with Seymore. The grinder very nearly grabs a demon in slow motion.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)

So since I put you as NE rather than NW as I should have, and given that occurred because someone else failed at directions, I'll go ahead and let you retroactively change what slight orientation you'd like on the tainted border, if you'd like.

maxicaxi - I would generally say it's slightly better than being dead, since in theory they can get you out with a lower level spell than pure resurrection would take. The problem is that they don't have your body, which sort of limits their ability to get tricky/desperate in reviving you.

HmH - The trouble here is that you can't really target someone by targeting them in your imagination.

Next turn, I'd also like your plans for when you defeat the demons, on the likely chance you do so next turn.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:46:50 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 14: "Sorry in advance, Frelock"]
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2010, 03:09:25 pm »

If Demons are not dead I shall use frost lance
If they are dead then I will loot the bodys and cut them up for possible reagants
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2010, 03:35:04 pm »

You can generally roll looting (and your next traveling plans) into a single turn, as long as there's nothing time sensitive about it.

EDIT: I just now noticed the amusement factor of Tarran using special powers to produce a turn in which he gained special powers.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:39:01 pm by IronyOwl »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2010, 05:36:55 pm »

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Assist Ochita if he's still under attack. Otherwise assist wolfchild.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2010, 07:41:52 pm »

Call my spirit ally, then procede to flank a demon and kill cut it into ribbons

You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2010, 12:09:26 am »

Plans? Ooh, I have some plans. First, here's Ochita who wanted to repair the sword and enchant it. Second, there is Tarran being awesome and looking like he would enjoy a magic sword, too. Third, if no one else has a better idea, I suggest everybody learns area-of-effect attacking spells, asks me and runecrafters to improve their weapons, armor and jewelry, then simply walks into Mordor and shows these demons how real men pillage, rape and burn.

Stab Ochita's demon with a dagger, ask Sargoth for a few leather straps and wrap them around dagger's handle.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70