Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91019 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 12: Foreseeable Conclusions]
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2010, 03:35:21 pm »

Oh fer crying out loud! I confused north with west! DAMMIT!

Run like hell to Paranatural.

I did assume you'd prioritize staying with the group over going west, so you're with them, just a bit west of where you'd all be if you went straight north.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2010, 03:37:29 pm »

I know. I realized I fail-readed. So my action is changed now. Right before you posted. Making me look like either an idiot or a super-awesome-ninja-post-editor.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2010, 03:54:50 pm »

Try to make a displacement illusion (ie, put our images 20 ft to the right or something)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2010, 04:15:21 pm »

I try to use raw destructive energies to rip some demon's head off.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2010, 08:51:52 pm »

Summon a grinder right under one of the demons
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2010, 11:15:24 pm »

I rage against a prison of my own devising
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:39:55 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2010, 12:12:15 am »

also use my summoning skills to call maxi as a temporary summon
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2010, 02:32:13 am »

Turn 13: Rampant Butchery

Quote from: Paranatural
I examine the skeleton for any unusual markings or anything. See if it looks human or elven or what. Then, I take and put on the Iron Skullcap, take the Gems, and one of the Gold Coins. I give two of the Gold Coins to the two first people to say they want some. I also take the white jar, padding it the best I can with the scraps of leather. I offer the chain mail to anyone who wants it, and consider my chances of being able to enhance it with my magics (Earth would count for metals and gems too, right?)
[3][Luck 2] It looks human, but you've never really seen an elf skeleton so you're not too sure on that. There don't appear to be any noteworthy markings at all- nothing you could swear wasn't weathering or supposed to look like that. [2] You do a terrible job of padding the jar, and it blows up.
[3] While metals and gems do indeed fall under earth magic (though not as strongly as "normal" earth generally does), pure enhancement of an element by the relevant school tends to be a matter of improving its structure more than simply "making it better." You vaguely recall that worked metal in particular was something something. Harder to manipulate? Less effective to strengthen? You can't quite recall that part.
Gems, 2 coins, iron skullcap, and white jar taken. Scale mail, one coin, and sword pieces given to Ochita.

Quote from: Paranatural
I test out my new adept powers but creating a pit that swallows them, then uses the dirt displaced by the pit to crush them.
[4+1][Luck 1] You masterfully depress the soil, building waves of earth that swell over the cavity, sealing it shut. Unfortunately you're a bit slow with this, and the demons all clamber over the gently rolling edges of earth.
+3 Earth Magic

Quote from: Ochita
I water draw from the demons then use that water to ice lance one of them
[5][Luck 3] You draw the water from... the air around the demons, but not the demons. Do they not have water in them? Or are they somehow immune to your spell? Are either even possible? You succeed in flinging the freezing moisture from around them back at them, but the spell's much weaker than it could be, lacking demonwater as it is. You injure three demons, but not severely.
+3 Water Magic
New Spell: Droughtfrost

Quote from: Tarran
Cut down the strongest of the patrol.
[6+2] vs [3] You charge the lead uninjured demon and remove its head and left arm in one sweep.
+2 Swordsman

Quote from: Frelock
Try to make a displacement illusion (ie, put our images 20 ft to the right or something)
[1][Luck 5] You manage to create an intensely bright, shimmering light right in front of your face. So now you're blind. At least it's bright enough to interfere with anything trying to hit you as well.
+1 Light Magic
Blinded: -2 to dodge rolls, -1 to attack rolls against you, difficulty using vision for anything.

Quote from: HmH
I try to use raw destructive energies to rip some demon's head off.
[4+1][Luck 5] Raw power courses through some demon's neck, flinging it off and ripping cracks down its torso.
+3 Destruction
New Spell: Dissipation\
Now Adept Destruction

Quote from: wolfchild
Summon a grinder right under one of the demons
[5][Luck 3] You manage to summon a grinder far away from you, a much more difficult feat than normal. Most of the demons ignore it, but two lash out at it.

Demon [4] vs [3]. The demon slams a fist into the grinder. It doesn't seem to notice.
Demon [6] vs [4]. The other likewise bashes the grinder. Again, it doesn't budge.
Grinder [2-1] vs [3] The grinder's slow swipe misses the demon.

Quote from: maxicaxi
I rage against a prison of my own devising
While you cannot truly rage against your circumstances in suspended animation, you certainly do so in spirit.

One demon rushes Tarran. [2] vs [6+1]. Its lower half tumbles across the ground behind him.

The other rushes the blind priest. [4-1] vs [6-2] He dodges regardless, infuriatingly.

Two slightly injured demons are next to the grinder, while a healthy one attacks Fre. The rest have been dismembered to some extent.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 13: Rampant Butchery]
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2010, 02:38:06 am »

...Am I really that awesome or are the dice just being nice? I mean, Two demons instakilled by me in one turn.

I preform an epic jump-attack on the demon attacking Fre/Frelock.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2010, 02:50:52 am »

try to destroy the spell
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2010, 02:54:00 am »

try to destroy the spell
I think in prison you can't do anything. At all.

You're just going to have to wait until someone else rescues you. Though, there's no guarantee that you can even be saved.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2010, 03:04:52 am »

try to destroy the spell

You're just going to have to wait until someone else rescues you. Though, there's no guarantee that you can even be saved.

i know i am dead. look he has even removed my status!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2010, 03:07:19 am »

try to destroy the spell

i know i am dead. look he has even removed my status!
Then... Why are you still trying to do actions? ???

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2010, 03:09:17 am »

I use my knowledge of entropy-based anti-magic spells to disrupt maxicaxi's 4D Pocket. It is dangerous to stick around in a dimension that's losing its form, but at least he won't be frozen in time anymore.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2010, 03:25:36 am »

I try to cast a haste spell on the Grinder
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70