Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The USS Silverdale (join in on the fun!)  (Read 3566 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: The USS Silverdale (join in on the fun!)
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2010, 12:11:44 am »

1st Hematite, 12, Early Summer

Just turned summer and there's already tons of interesting stuff going on! The giant ants have left us... FINALLY! We have a sylvan and elven caravan waiting in the depot, we're getting stuff together to sell. Zefon Mozirasob was taken by a fey mood and is demanding wood and gems. We've got plenty of wood, but no gems... Hopefully these caravans have something when we give em a look. The nacelles are wrapping up. That bottom one is just about filled in, the top one is still empty.

-

Great news! We got the gems that Zefon wanted! He's constructing the item now! The elves got a little pissy with me... it's dusk elves and sylvan elves... We've got a few creatures in cages! Let's see we've got... Black Bear, Black Crow, Deer, Skunk and a Horse! Oh! Zefon just finished his item!!! He's calling it Oggezottem or Holesanctums. It's a wooden fir door. It's encircled with fir. Adorned with hanging rings of fir and ruby.. why? ... annnnd wow... an image of the door... in ruby! Wow.... Well at least the boss will like the door.

Alright, now to pack all this stuff away... I wonder what we'll do with the bear and crow..?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 12:24:36 am by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2010, 02:10:01 am »

I want the bear.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2010, 05:59:38 am »

Name: Cognate McAwsomeDrawbridge
Job: (If we are doing ground missons, combat engineer(ground construction, basic fighting), if not) Mechanical Technician

Unclaimed Ast Nishtathtat (Tradeplunges) - Shroom Dwarf - Male

Story: Born in one of the many outposts of the Dwarven Empire, Cognate learned his basic engineering and mechanical skill's after working with the Dwarven land engineer corp. When presented with the opportunity of being in an actual spaceship, he grabed the chance as fast as he could.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2010, 04:19:20 pm »

Alright nuker w

You'll probably be the one "in-charge" of defensive and offensive stuff... what would you think of being a noble?

And Newsmuffin as soon as I get around to it, I'll try to get you assigned the bear. ;D Pray he hasn't tasted dwarven blood in the past.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2010, 05:38:48 pm »

27th Malachite, 12, Mid-Summer

Work has been going real steady, we haven't gotten any more help, but we have plenty people for now. We're surrounding the shadow with a wood wall and wood floor surround it and the back section uses over 1000 wood per nacelle... It's a good think we're here in this massive forest, elves might be a little peeved when they show up. We're about to make some corrections to the saucer section and then it's going to be painted for people to see. I've got to get back to work so we can hurry this last bit up.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2010, 06:44:38 pm »

27th Galena, 12, late summer

Well the ground level work is done! We've got all the problems worked out and are now able to begin work on moving up! We have two traders in the trade depot and we picked up some more digging and cutting equipment as well as some more animals. Nothing interesting though, just your standard domestics. Our artists has made a drawing for everyone to see.

(OOC: Holy .... Wow... the exported image of my map is... 7776 x 4320! 93 MB! wow... I'm resizing it so you get the general idea...)

CAUTION LARGE IMAGE!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It looks great! We've put so much work into it. Now, we just need to begin work on the actual ship! Hahahaha........ Things are going well. It's nice to know we've got an entrance narrowed down as well. Only things that should really bug us now is flying stuff. Boss is still planning a defensive entrance design. He's asking around if anyone has any ideas. (That means you guys)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2010, 06:48:07 pm »

Can't think of any ideas of the top of my head. Also, i'd love to play as a noble for that sort of stuff.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2010, 06:55:40 pm »

I'll probably just end up doing defense stuff that I normally do... Simple stuff, but nothing ever gets through.

Anyways, I've got a lot of planning ahead of me, so an update might be a ways off... I have to transfer the images I've got into workable drawings. Especially with the 09's ship design.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2010, 07:33:51 pm »

As long as I have a bear minion that follows me everywhere, I'm happy. I am making Athel very Russian without knowing about it.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2010, 07:59:28 pm »

1st Limestone, 12, Early Autumn

It just turned autumn and we've just begun our ascent. The ship is going to be 10 stories off the ground... it has begun!

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 08:49:00 pm »

1st Limestone, 12, Early Autumn

It just turned autumn and we've just begun our ascent. The ship is going to be 10 stories off the ground... it has begun!

erm... how? Like, how do you plan building this? Like, is it going to be a 10-z-level high slab, or is that just a perimeter plan?

Time for an overcomplicated plan for a simple design! (entrance design here)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Meowth! That's right!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2010, 10:12:13 pm »

It's going to be an 80 story tall monster that is 10 z-levels off the ground. The image on the thread is the outline more or less... It'll make building the ship easier later on.

Look at the 2009 Enterprise, I plan on making it look as close to that as possible.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2010, 10:14:41 pm »

What does my dwarf do to benefit the community? If it's something stupid, like hauler, or miner, I'd like for him to become a doctor, or medical assistant or something.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2010, 10:19:06 pm »

80 story.... Jesus, how long will this take? At least you dont need a dry dock or ground teraforming, that takes about the same amount of time as building the thing.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2010, 10:37:18 pm »

I was very sure to pick this place carefully, I even changed the world_gen to suit it. By the way, 100 is the max above ground z-levels, above the tallest point...

Yeah, it's 80 stories tall. The disc alone is 170 tiles across. The whole length is 380 tiles long.

Let me put this into a bit more perspective...

A single embark tile is 48 tiles.

170 tiles wide translates to roughly 3.5 embark tiles. I went for 5 embark tiles wide, just in case.

380 tiles long translates to roughly 7.9 embark tiles. I had to go to 9 embark tiles cause it was too close to the edges and I couldn't build walls on the edges.

The empire state building would be roughly half the size of this if it were turned on its side. For the purpose of this work I'm considering tiles to be 2 meters. (which seems like a good idea.)

So yeah... Empire state building is half as tall as this thing is long. It is ALMOST as long as the Burj in Dubai is tall. The dubai building has 60 meters on the enterprise.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4