Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The USS Silverdale (join in on the fun!)  (Read 3569 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
The USS Silverdale (join in on the fun!)
« on: July 01, 2010, 09:41:10 pm »

Before the story... I've been playing Dwarf Fortress and Minecraft for quite some time now and I've lately for some reason have had a fascination with Star Trek. Been watching a lot of the episodes and yet and a couple weeks ago I watched Star Trek the 2009 version again for I forget how many times. Making the ship on Minecraft would take... a very VERY long time... Especially if I start laying it one block at a time. So anyways on with the show...

I will not be posting jobs unless it is a noble. I will not list pets unless the person cares if they have a pet or not. As the game goes on I'll hit points where I can't decide what to do and you guys could help decide what it is I do.

---------

There are "33" claimable dwarfs at the moment. I'm using Deon's mod, so I have some interesting classes...

The dwarfs at the moment are...

Original
Unclaimed Meng Tosedablel (Stoppedbust) - Stone Dwarf - Female- Presently Expedition Leader
maxicaxi "Doom Potato" - Nil Nishtenshed (Tradedchances) - Jade Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Athel Nakuthsazir - Stone Dwarf (Braidbridges) - Male
darkrider2 - Thob Regroth (Gloveddomains) - Stone Dwarf - Female
Shaostoul - Imush Kathillikot (Wetinks) - Steel Dwarf - Male
NewsMuffin "Russian" - Athel Ukerthikut (Wavedbooks) - Ice Dwarf - Male
McBoss - Asen Basemelbil (Spraytomes) - Ice Dwarf - Male

Migrants
Wave - 1
Unclaimed Asmel Ostathcatten (Esteemchanneled) - Moss Dwarf - Male
Tallpanzer Dodok Mengsavot (Lashedstood) - Obsidian Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Zulban Libashbakust (Axeurged) - Moss Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Udil Mafolidith (Chambersystem) - Stone Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Iton Arzesnish (Knightedtrade) - Moss Dwarf - Female

Wave - 2
Unclaimed Asmel Lokumavuz (Spearmines) - Jade Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Iton Kifedsazir (Cruxbridge) - Moss Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Kol Eturdarud (Boulderclimates) - Moss Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Morul Erithlibash (Laboraxe) - Stone Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Nish Olinudar (Tongrain) - Aspid Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Obok Keluz (Metalgrowls) - Moss Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Sakzul Erithkeng (Laborsteamy) - Shroom Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Zefon Mozirasob (Routedboards) - Stone Dwarf - Male

Wave - 3
Unclaimed Nil Ralkin (Silveroak) - Jade Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Iteb Aralstinthad (Womentheater) - Aspid Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Zon Mebafikod (Streamglazes) - Ice Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Zefon Idudar (Rockrains) - Shroom Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Fikod Rashguravuz (Attackmined) - Moss Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Ast Nishtathtat (Tradeplunges) - Shroom Dwarf - Male
nuker w "Cognate McAwsomeDrawbridge" Ast Kikrostroth (Stockadedomains) - Moss Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Tosid Oboksiknug (Pillardwelling) - Moss Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Aban Alathrisen (Boltscoal) - Stone Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Mafol Dedukistbar (Manorrose) - Aspid Dwarf - Female
Tuxman Kivish Nekutustuth (Secretivefence) - Jade Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Unib Mamotushat (Plaitedbasement) - Stone Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Dakost Rigothadas (Craftedpasses) - Aspid Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Vabok Rithlilar (Bellspatterns) - Shroom Dwarf - Male
Unclaimed Fath Edtulkol (Groovewheeled) - Stone Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Zefon Gimlolok (Twistgranite) - Aspid Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Feb Sokanastesh (Phrasecudgles) - Ice Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Urvad Lazdishmab (Scalerampart) - Stone Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Amost Rerrasudil (Fissurelantern) - Shroom Dwarf - Female
Unclaimed Eshtan Zuntirlibad (Anvilprases) - Aspid Dwarf - Male

---------

I just started it is year 11 Spring and so far nothing is done. This is my first story telling dealio, so hopefully it turns out well!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 11:53:58 pm by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: The USS Silverdale
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 09:42:13 pm »

The characters and their profiles...

Asen Basemelbil
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Athel Nakutsazir

Athel Ukerthikut

Shaostoul - Imush Kathillikot

Meng Tosedablel

maxicaxi "Doom Potato" - Nil Nishtenshed

darkrider2 - Thob Regroth

Migrants - Wave 1
Asmel Ostathcatten

Dodok Mengsavot

Zulban Libashbakust

Udil Mafolidith

Iton Arzesnish

Migrants - Wave 2
Asmel Lokumavuz

Iton Kifedsazir

Kol Eturdarud

Morul Erithlibash

Nish Olinudar

Obok Keluz

Sakzul Erithkeng

Zefon Mozirasob
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:31:27 pm by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 09:43:04 pm »

This seems to be bugging some people, so instead of editing a single post, I'll edit the post and I'll post the new information so it bumps the thread.

Year One

It's spring now, we've found a perfect spot for our creation. There's ample amounts of trees and a brook running through the middle. We've begun clearing mass amounts of trees, for a wall around the initial site. We may be sleeping outside for a while, but at least we'll have some protection. It's been agreed that everyone does equal work where they can, this should improve the time spent on setting everything up. Have to get back to work. Will write later.
-
It's still spring and we managed to finish the wall, we've begun flooring our work area, this will take a great while longer. Only seen some elk, deer and rabbits, hopefully it keeps this peaceful.
-
This flooring job is taking forever, we're running into the problem of trees growing and interrupting progress! I just turned summer not too long ago, hopefully we'll get some more help before the year is out. Food and drink isn't even the slightest of problems. With all the shrubbery around here we'll for the longest time only need to gather plants. Boss says we'll be looking at farms as our numbers start to creep up.
-
Summer brought great news! We got five more to help with our cause! This is wonderful, things have started moving a lot quicker now. Hopefully we'll finish the outline of the ship before winter comes... Should really start making some housing.
-
Autumn arrived and so did another wave of help. We have 20 working now. Our numbers are growing fast, we better get some shelter and boss says we should get to work on farms, just in case. We're about to start on the other half of the saucer. Some shelter would be nice. It's been raining so much I might as well be a prune. Some pigeons came by and antagonized us, but they left after finding nothing to steal.
-
It's winter now, snow is starting to cover the ground, we've got just a little more... make the quite a bit more, but relatively a little more... to go till the flooring is down, the we'll start with the houses and such and get everything moved underground. We got a visit from some black crows, the only stayed a little while, thank Armok though. We just finished a deal with our first caravan and have some resources, so things are going smoothly, the farms have some more time before they are needed, but at least we've got that backup. Russian, myself and the boss have all become extremely good at cutting trees, I've lost count with how many I've fell. (all 3 are legendary)
-
We've been working on our underground area, to keep us sheltered from the elements and out of the blue Kul Eturdarud decides to make a pig tail skirt. He's calling it Azinnoglesh... He's a stupid one... It's a midnight blue short skirt with get this... pig tail fiber! How useless!!! Maybe he likes tassels on his skirts... Maybe he's a whoopsie. No idea, maybe I'll keep my distance just in case until he calms down some.

Year Two
-
Spring has just rolled around. Winter was insane! There was so much snow everywhere! We went through a continuous blizzard that only got worse like four or so times. Then the boss gets the bright idea to order us to go work out in the frigid weather! What on earth was he thinking! I'm still shaking from the cold. Anyways we've begun working on the back section of the 'shadow' as we're calling it. When we finish it one of our artists is going to draw a picture of what it'd look like from up high. Hopefully we can get the back end including the nacelles and struts before summer. We're all excited to see how quickly this is going, it's amazing that they sent so much help so quick. Well... Off to work again, hope the weather is better this year.

14th Slate, 12, Mid-Spring

Just got a MASSIVE wave of extra help, we doubled our numbers! We didn't prepare for that many! Guess I know what we're working on the for the next who knows how long... We also got a hunting and a war... boar! What the heck? Oh well, just more meat or something for later. We've got to get to work on housing and such for the new comers, the nacelle work is going exceptionally slowly, the drawing boss has to work from is a bit fuzzy on the back area and isn't real easy to read.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:48:13 pm by Shaostoul »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 09:43:38 pm »

saving post

feel free to post now

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:46:35 pm »

Claiming Athel.
I'd like to see his info page, please.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 09:54:27 pm »

Coming up, one sec.

-edit-

I'll be putting it in post two real shortly, just had to get all seven uploaded...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:05:07 pm by Shaostoul »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 10:09:02 pm »

Which Athel?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 01:17:18 pm »

Bump - No one else?

If it keeps like this I'll just scrap the story telling possibly...

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 02:02:31 pm »

ooh ooh I'll take thob!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 02:04:29 pm »

ill take nil name him doom potato
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 02:38:33 pm »

Just got a wave of 5. You two have been added.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: The USS Silverdale (storytelling)
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »

Next chance you get, I'd like a dwarf. Anyone red will do- child, macedwarf, mechanic... anything.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 03:11:41 pm »

No red people yet, just a bunch of general workers. It's going to be that way for quick a while. O.o

Obsidian dwarfs can shoot fireballs if that counts.

-edit-

new migrant wave...

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 03:14:00 pm »

The Ice Dwarf one, sorry. Didn't notice there were two.
Name him 'Russian'. Because he's an Ice Dwarf and prefers vodka.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:17:48 pm by NewsMuffin »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 03:37:07 pm »

Alright you got your dwarf. 16 remain. I have no idea why they are coming so quick. I have 20 and it's not even winter. At least work will go quicker now.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4