Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The USS Silverdale (join in on the fun!)  (Read 3565 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: The USS Silverdale (storytelling)
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 05:43:49 pm »

Alright WTF?!?!?! I just out of the blue get the announcement...

"The Elk is caught in a cloud of flames!"

It's corpse is mutilated... WTF? None of my dwarfs were even remotely near the thing, my obsidian dwarfs are working on constructing floors over 200 tiles away...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 06:10:36 pm »

Dwarven fire ball sniping. It's the only explanation. Much better than normal fireball sniping.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:17:04 pm by NewsMuffin »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 06:31:13 pm »

I guess so, it was just so out of the blue. I have invaders turned off presently. I was going to blame spontaneous combustion... but I've read no where that, that was added.

What's even more crazy is that it's winter!

On snow storm 3 or 4 now.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 08:29:51 pm »

Wow.
Are you updating the thread every in-game year? It would be a whole lot more help to us if you updated monthly.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 10:16:53 pm »

I'm updating every time something interesting happens. It just became the next year in the game. I stopped playing for a bit.

First artifact, 20 dwarfs, first caravan all in the first year.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 10:31:38 pm »

Oh. I think that's pretty rare, an artifact with only 20 dwarves. That's the artifact minimum.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 10:43:28 pm »

It's on the "journal" post. It was a pig tail skirt. The only item used was pig tail fiber.

It was pretty lame...

I was pretty surprised how soon I got it too. Might have to do something with Deon's mod... maybe? idno.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 10:49:31 pm »

I doubt you can change the artifact stuff. Maybe, though. Never tried.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 10:57:47 pm »

Well either way... first year is over, the saucer shadow is done, I have 20 dwarfs and 1 artifact and have had one caravan. I'll be uploading a picture once the whole ship shadow is done.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2010, 07:16:43 pm »

Year Two
-8th Granite, 12, Early Spring <--- that's what I just noticed btw.
Spring has just rolled around. Winter was insane! There was so much snow everywhere! We went through a continuous blizzard that only got worse like four or so times. Then the boss gets the bright idea to order us to go work out in the frigid weather! What on earth was he thinking! I'm still shaking from the cold. Anyways we've begun working on the back section of the 'shadow' as we're calling it. When we finish it one of our artists is going to draw a picture of what it'd look like from up high. Hopefully we can get the back end including the nacelles and struts before summer. We're all excited to see how quickly this is going, it's amazing that they sent so much help so quick. Well... Off to work again, hope the weather is better this year.

(Oh shnap! I just noticed where everyone kept getting this! LOL! Shows how little I've actually played... or noticed... Even with my modding guide...)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2010, 07:38:03 pm »

-24th Granite, 12, Early Spring
Today Iton Arzesnish's pet rabbit that he's called Melbil Eribatol, has grown up to an adult. Nothing else too out of the ordinary, just a small pack of giant ants are off in the distance, hopefully they just leave us alone. The back section is coming a long nicely, once it's finished we get to start work on the strut and nacelle shadows. The boss has been planning some defenses and isn't too sure what he wants to come up with. Once we get the picture he says it'll be a lot easier to plan.

(Note, if you are following this and you want to be a dwarf, you can have influence on how things go when I let ya know. You could also make suggestions what you want you dwarf to be.)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 09:47:46 pm »

OOC: Oh my f***ing god... I just went from 20 dwarfs to 40!!! Okay... don't panic... I'm not going to put up the profiles just yet... I will if someone asks. I might put them up later... Just cause...

-edit-

All of the new dwarfs are up for claiming. I'm not posting jobs because you get to choose what you want to be.

Anywho...

IC: 14th Slate, 12, Mid-Spring

Just got a MASSIVE wave of extra help, we doubled our numbers! We didn't prepare for that many! Guess I know what we're working on the for the next who knows how long... We also got a hunting and a war... boar! What the heck? Oh well, just more meat or something for later. We've got to get to work on housing and such for the new comers, the nacelle work is going exceptionally slowly, the drawing boss has to work from is a bit fuzzy on the back area and isn't real easy to read.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:31:47 pm by Shaostoul »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: The USS Silverdale (join in on the fun!)
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2010, 11:36:01 pm »

16th Felsite, 12, Late Spring

We're working on the nacelles, we're just about to fill it in and then wall it off. Boss found a mistake, might take a long time to fix, but it's got to be done. Just had an elven caravan show up, wonder if they brought any awesome pets! We've been harassed by those giant ants for quite a while now. They've keep putting a damper on the work and won't shoo. Maybe boss should get a squad of 'exterminators'. heh heh... that'd be fun.

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2010, 11:49:13 pm »

Name: Tuxman 
Profession: "Ship Engineer"  (Engineering, Siege Engineer (not operator))

Unclaimed Kivish Nekutustuth (Secretivefence) - Jade Dwarf - Male

Story: Professional engineer. Born in the Mountainhomes, made his way through engineering academy. Was but a simple magma engineer before the opportunity to serve on the USS Silverdale became an opportunity.
Meowth! That's right!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 12:02:57 am »

Alright, he's claimed! I'll change his profession status when I get to actually working on the ship itself. Seeing as you brought up magma... You'll probably get to do a lot of magma work! There will be a lot of pumping and planning. haha.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4