Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The USS Silverdale (join in on the fun!)  (Read 3570 times)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: The USS Silverdale (join in on the fun!)
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2010, 10:38:22 pm »

What does my dwarf do to benefit the community? If it's something stupid, like hauler, or miner, I'd like for him to become a doctor, or medical assistant or something.

At this very moment, everyone is a basic worker. I'm trying to get off the ground before I start mixing things up. As sections get made, dwarfs will be assigned their proper job.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2010, 10:56:45 pm »

Oh. Alright. I'd still like to be a doctor when it get's on it's feet. However, it does depend on what my original profession was.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2010, 11:16:27 pm »

He's listed as a wood cutter from embark.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2010, 11:19:26 pm »

21st Limestone, 12, Early Autumn

Work is going well on the beginnings of the ship. We're on the fourth story! Of... 80... There's debate on whether to do the nacelles first or the saucer first. The traders have left finally. We've started meeting on the third story of the ship, just to be closer to our working area. It's been set up in just a way so no one can get into the work area now, we're hoping this speeds up production, with not being bothered by creatures and all. Anywho, back to work.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2010, 11:38:13 pm »

I would like to claim the Male obsidian Dwarf if I could please. Rename him Tallpanzer, Thank you.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2010, 11:53:16 pm »

Unclaimed Dodok Mengsavot (Lashedstood) - Obsidian Dwarf - Male

This guy?

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2010, 12:14:43 am »

Axedoctor gogogo.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2010, 12:54:04 am »

Alright well my dwarf is obvious FUCKING INSANE...

Let me show you what he just got in a mood and made out of the blue... Now mind you... I have NO IDEA how he got a hold of the death stone seeing as I haven't made any. So... he's fucking magical...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The "death stone" is the custom stone that JUST barely is solid in underground temperature. Only 5 degrees from underground temperature and this thing violently explodes... (it's still in testing)... And... He not only uses one... but two stones to make this stone...

If you have seen Deon's genesis mod or watch the modding forums, you may be familiar with the vaporizing black lung stone that is hidden in coal veins. Well... this is kind of like that... except when you inhale it or it touches your skin... extremely severe necrosis, bleeding, vomiting (blood and vomit), swelling and sores and maybe one or two other things.

Anywho, I'll have an update tomorrow most likely.

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2010, 01:12:10 am »

I was very sure to pick this place carefully, I even changed the world_gen to suit it. By the way, 100 is the max above ground z-levels, above the tallest point...

Yeah, it's 80 stories tall. The disc alone is 170 tiles across. The whole length is 380 tiles long.

I took a look at some of the illustrations for the new enterprise. It only appears to be about 20-25 z-levels tall at max with 15 official decks, and above and below structures.  It is 70.2 Meters tall. Assuming that there are 15 official levels, that leaves ceiling height at a reasonable 4-4.5 meter height.

Now, if you aren't modeling this after something, than good for you, but since you are modeling it after the uss enterprise, can you send me a link of the diagram that displays the starship eighty-stories tall?

Meowth! That's right!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2010, 02:01:08 pm »

Wrong one there buddy...

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_%28alternate_reality%29\

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's the one the gets destroy iirc. I'm talking about the one that was still operation after the first 30 minutes of the movie (well after it fast forwarded into the future) ;P

-edit-

and it may not actually be 80 deck levels, but to make the ship look relatively like it, it's 80 stories tall, from the very bottom most level (possibly just being plating) to the very top of the nacelles. So it may be wrong to the movie version, but I'm working on DF, not a 3D modeling program.

Also, I'm considering every tile to be the width and height of 2 meters, so the numbers on the site I provided are halved.

*  Length: 2500 feet (760 meters) (380 tiles)
    * Saucer diameter: 1100 feet (340 meters) (170 tiles)
    * Height: 625 feet (190.5 meters) (Or 80 zlevels in this case... if I just halve that it should be more.. We'll see what happens.)

Those statistics are from the "experience the enterprise" So I'm pretty sure they are close. Now if I could find proper schematics laying out the whole enterprise for me, then I could most definitely lay one out properly, but again, I'm working with in the bounds of DF, so I'm making due. Also, if I made it only 20-25 z-levels it would most likely look very funny.

-edit-

And I don't know how you intended that post, but for some reason I was offended by it. So if this whole post comes off rude, I apologize. I did my homework on the spacecraft and I've seen the movie I don't know how many times. My DF may be wrong, but I could care less, I'm making a knock off version. It's going to be WAAAY blockier and look only some what like it. I don't have proper layouts of level by level.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 02:39:45 pm by Shaostoul »

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2010, 03:10:29 pm »

ooooh. I get it. I thought you were going off of levels, not rough height vs z-level height.

my bad.
Meowth! That's right!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2010, 03:14:29 pm »

15th Timber, 12, Late Autumn

Oh man! I'm so stoked! I had the perfect idea for an item and I MADE IT! It's like way super cool and I have no idea how I found such a perfect stone for it, but it's MINE! It's so wonderous! It's like forcing elves to go play in magma! It's a totally cool figurine. It's not a doll! DON'T YOU DARE CALL IT THAT! It's a figurine! It's a collectible, collect all five and win! The ship is coming along nicely. We need to find a good metal for the deflector dish. Proving more hard than one would think. I don't think the boss will be happy if we made it out of microcline, so we got to be innovative! Anywho work work work admire idol work work work ... Also we've used our first 8000 supplies of Duranium!

OCC

It's okay, it's a simple mistake.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2010, 11:57:21 pm »

Oh man is this project demanding... I'm going to take a break from it for a little while. When I finally figure out what to do on...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=60727.15

I'll start updating that one.

Working on this ship thing and converting the drawings to workable designs is really getting to me. A small mistake could spell up to an hour on correcting it. My largest mistake took 6 hours to correct.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]