Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 310863 times)

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #2400 on: January 31, 2013, 03:04:27 pm »

I'm planning on try this game out, any advice for a new player?

Always aim for the head. Harm intent punch to the face has a very high chance of knocking someone down. Very useful if you get assaulted by an antagonist.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: January 31, 2013, 03:05:23 pm »

I'm planning on try this game out, any advice for a new player?

Always aim for the head. Harm intent punch to the face has a very high chance of knocking someone down. Very useful if you get assaulted by an antagonist.

But only if you're assaulted. Attacking random players for no reason will not earn you any friends.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: January 31, 2013, 03:07:31 pm »

Personal experience may vary, though.

Yeah. By a lot.

Also, enough 'personal experience' and it can add up to a common experience. Which seems to be the case with some of the issues BS12 has.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: January 31, 2013, 03:23:18 pm »

Thanks guys. I'll look up some guides now.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: February 01, 2013, 03:41:21 am »

I played Space Station 13 from when it got released, the game might sound fun but the admins are really really power-happy, also, Bay12 is crap, you will get banned for killing people as an antag, apparently you can't do that, though you're an antag.
Baystation 12 is quite good. As long as you have a valid reason for your actions. Randomly going on murder sprees is stupid, any way you look at it.

When the game tells you to kill people, generally speaking most people would look at you killing them as valid and not random.

BS12 suffers from the fact that some of their admins are not in this case most people.
The only situations where I've seen a traitor banned for killing people would be the random shooting spree across the station that had nothing to do with the objectives or target. Personal experience may vary, though.

That's what I'm talking about, you should be allowed to do that, what if someone spots you killing your target?
Read again.

I've seen situations where the antag has been banned because he has killed his target. I don't know if it's still the same, but it was suggested that you let them know that you are going to kill them before you attempt it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: February 01, 2013, 04:02:11 am »

Wow. Ok, I guess BS12 can sometimes be a little unreasonable. I still enjoy it more than getting robusted in the face with a toolbox randomly. :P
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: February 01, 2013, 04:32:07 am »

That's what I'm talking about, you should be allowed to do that, what if someone spots you killing your target?
Read again.

I've seen situations where the antag has been banned because he has killed his target. I don't know if it's still the same, but it was suggested that you let them know that you are going to kill them before you attempt it.
I play BS12 quite oftand have never seen that, while I was an antagonist or while any other antagonist killed anyone.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2407 on: February 01, 2013, 06:08:55 am »

Wow. Ok, I guess BS12 can sometimes be a little unreasonable. I still enjoy it more than getting robusted in the face with a toolbox randomly. :P

Actually BS12 is quite reasonable. 98% of the perceived "problems" people have with the BS12 admins stem from playing there with a /tg/station or Goonstation mindset, which is gonna get you absolutely nowhere but the ban appeals section. The other 2% is the occasional off day or mistaken ban, what do you expect, they're human.

I've heard people on /tg/station complain that they got in trouble on BS12 because they were running around wearing a gas mask for no reason. That might seem silly, but we make our stance on realistic RP very clear. Goofing off every now and then is one thing, but if this was real life and you were working on a real spacestation, or any job really, why would you be running around with a gas mask for no reason?

As for antags, they're actually fairly free to do what they want as long as it furthers their goal or makes the round legitimately interesting (which antags are encouraged to do, even at the expense of their objectives. Do you want your green text, or an enjoyable round?). Killing someone because you need their ID is fine. Pleasuring your murderboner and masskilling for no reason will get you banned.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: February 01, 2013, 11:17:57 am »

NoX station is pretty terrible, apparently there is a rule that says: "It depends on the admin whether to ban or not" so that basically contradicts every rule, the admins themselves are racist and IC in OOC and OOC in IC everywhere.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: February 01, 2013, 02:08:01 pm »

Frankly walking around with a Gas mask is perfectly fine with certain logic.

It is this weird quasi-logic people who play BS12 have had for soo long that they completely forget when someone uses it in different ways.

I've had games where I was told OUTRIGHT to ensure I always had a tank of oxygen and breathing mask with me and everyone supported it.

This has nothing to do with logic this has to do with people being incapable of telling the difference between acceptible stupid stuff and unacceptible stupid stuff. You cannot blame people for not knowing the different between the Metagaming everyone does, that has been going on for so long no one considers it metagaming anymore, and the metagaming that is rather similar.

It is kinda one of the things that annoys me the most. It feels like everyone is cheating and everyone is ok with it because everyone cheats.

Worse yet? The justification for it? (that every game happens in the same universe and they are all canonical) actually justifies other forms of metagaming. Wearing a gas mask everywhere in a world where space stations are routinely sabatages? Perfectly normal and not insane at all.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:13:00 pm by Neonivek »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: February 01, 2013, 02:13:01 pm »

Actually BS12 is quite reasonable. 98% of the perceived "problems" people have with the BS12 admins stem from playing there with a /tg/station or Goonstation mindset, which is gonna get you absolutely nowhere but the ban appeals section. The other 2% is the occasional off day or mistaken ban, what do you expect, they're human.

I've heard people on /tg/station complain that they got in trouble on BS12 because they were running around wearing a gas mask for no reason. That might seem silly, but we make our stance on realistic RP very clear. Goofing off every now and then is one thing, but if this was real life and you were working on a real spacestation, or any job really, why would you be running around with a gas mask for no reason?

As for antags, they're actually fairly free to do what they want as long as it furthers their goal or makes the round legitimately interesting (which antags are encouraged to do, even at the expense of their objectives. Do you want your green text, or an enjoyable round?). Killing someone because you need their ID is fine. Pleasuring your murderboner and masskilling for no reason will get you banned.

I also recall people being banned for killing someone for their ID. Again this was a while ago and I feel that the rules were particularly strict at that time, so hopefully it won't regress into that again.

Perhaps a simple new game mode would help? Everyone wants to be the main character, and I'm fine with playing the side-guy until it's my turn to shine. I feel that the Bay12 server tries to make everyone happy, but it does so by limiting the total happiness of everyone.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: February 01, 2013, 02:16:13 pm »

Except that BS12 is prodded full of cybering, metafriending and general asshattery.
There was a guy who was banned for killing an admin playing as syndicate.

Theres alot of metagrugding. And metarelationships.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: February 01, 2013, 02:35:55 pm »

Not to mention the inconsistant metalogic and metagaming.

It just means you have to learn the irrationalities of the community to play properly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: February 01, 2013, 02:39:53 pm »

So, its just like how you have to learn who is generally the craziest in goon so you know what to avoid if possible then?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: February 01, 2013, 02:40:44 pm »

So, its just like how you have to learn who is generally the craziest in goon so you know what to avoid if possible then?

Yeah it is all sorts of crazy.

SS13 is like an insane asylum where even the staff is crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 166