Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 310849 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #2385 on: January 30, 2013, 08:03:59 pm »

I played Space Station 13 from when it got released, the game might sound fun but the admins are really really power-happy, also, Bay12 is crap, you will get banned for killing people as an antag, apparently you can't do that, though you're an antag.
Baystation 12 is quite good. As long as you have a valid reason for your actions. Randomly going on murder sprees is stupid, any way you look at it.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: January 30, 2013, 08:04:58 pm »

You can kill people perfectly fine, its just rather awkward since you need to fit it into an RP instead of choosing someone at random to robust.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: January 30, 2013, 08:36:29 pm »

I've been banned from Goonserver for 3 years now due to my brother deciding he wanted to play at the same time as me. No warning, appealing on the forums resulted in a "oh yeah your brother played as if we haven't heard that one before"-esque message and a prompt denial.

Simply beautiful to see other servers rising above the Gibbeds in terms of player count.

Gibbed is full of immature people, even their site is immature www.autisticpowers.info.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: January 30, 2013, 09:59:56 pm »

I played Space Station 13 from when it got released, the game might sound fun but the admins are really really power-happy, also, Bay12 is crap, you will get banned for killing people as an antag, apparently you can't do that, though you're an antag.
Baystation 12 is quite good. As long as you have a valid reason for your actions. Randomly going on murder sprees is stupid, any way you look at it.

When the game tells you to kill people, generally speaking most people would look at you killing them as valid and not random.

BS12 suffers from the fact that some of their admins are not in this case most people.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: January 30, 2013, 10:28:13 pm »

Indeed. I don't mind getting brutally murdered by a Malf-AI or a changeling, or even by a pack of Revolutionaries after they raided the Brig for guns and are gunning down any non-Revs they encounter. All of those make a fair amount of sense. Revolutions are bloody and violent, Malf-AI is trying to kill everyone aboard before it is killed itself, and changelings think you're delicious.
But getting griefed by an assistant with a toolbox because I have cool shades on is bullshit and not fun. That said, I don't play BS12.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: January 31, 2013, 12:18:12 am »

When the game tells you to kill people, generally speaking most people would look at you killing them as valid and not random.

BS12 suffers from the fact that some of their admins are not in this case most people.
The only situations where I've seen a traitor banned for killing people would be the random shooting spree across the station that had nothing to do with the objectives or target. Personal experience may vary, though.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: January 31, 2013, 01:54:27 am »

The only situations where I've seen a traitor banned for killing people would be the random shooting spree across the station that had nothing to do with the objectives or target. Personal experience may vary, though.

That's what I'm talking about, you should be allowed to do that, what if someone spots you killing your target?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: January 31, 2013, 01:59:58 am »

This makes a fair amount of sense. If I was trying to assassinate someone and got spotted, I'd probably try to shoot my way out too.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: January 31, 2013, 02:04:07 am »

What do you guys think about NoX Station?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: January 31, 2013, 02:09:18 am »

That's what I'm talking about, you should be allowed to do that, what if someone spots you killing your target?
Read again.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: January 31, 2013, 02:17:31 am »

I haven't played it yet, but it seems fairly popular. Usually 35-50 players on as far as I can tell.
He's fucking with us.

AssassinT90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: January 31, 2013, 02:25:45 pm »

Great server, terrible admins. They don't let you play freely (security officers can't hit/bucklecuff prisoners, murdering is only for antagonists, etc)

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: January 31, 2013, 02:29:30 pm »

Great server, terrible admins. They don't let you play freely (security officers can't hit/bucklecuff prisoners, murdering is only for antagonists, etc)

Uh... that's the standard on the vast majority of servers. Why would you murder anyone if you're not an antagonist? The point of the game is to run a space station, killing your colleagues can't possibly help with that. Likewise with the security stuff, hitting and bucklecuffing is just abuse. All those things go under "grief" which has never been allowed, maybe except on a few small servers.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: January 31, 2013, 02:59:31 pm »

I'm planning on try this game out, any advice for a new player?
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: January 31, 2013, 03:02:36 pm »

I'm planning on try this game out, any advice for a new player?

Read as many guides as you can (on the various server wikis), and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it (preferably in character). Also, take assistant for your first few jobs for learning purposes, and then graduate up to QM, janitor etc. when you feel more confident with the controls.

Oh, and one last thing. Click on yourself with food in your active hand to eat. That part always messed me up when I started playing.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 166