Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 310716 times)

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1485 on: September 18, 2011, 03:43:23 pm »

Can't we all just get along? I welcome any one from BS12 to play with us. This is getting dumb. Lets just play our 2d space mans in peace.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:45:59 pm by Zaphod »
I only play legends mode

I also play on the longest history setting for hard mode.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 18, 2011, 03:48:53 pm »

So a while back on the Gibbed servers when the admins messed around a lot, they had these NPC wizards or something that would randomly say "magic" in a rather interesting voice. I think I found it. (never watched any of those before, I wouldn't know)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: September 18, 2011, 04:08:47 pm »

(2 week mute for this)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:19:41 pm by Toady One »
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: September 18, 2011, 04:17:51 pm »

I guess the problem is that there are too many unwritten rules.

Or rather... that Admins can ban with subjective reasoning.

I mean does Baystation13 even have a story or context? (I am guessing yes. Though other then the names of the factions being stated I don't know it).

I think there is some generally accepted backstory about the different factions, and each station usually has the same story of being sent into space by Nanotrensen or whatever the company is called in order to do 'x'.

Let me re-iterate. Your opinions do not matter. At all. If you want your feedback to be noticed by us at BS12 and possibly reacted to although honestly I doubt it because you are literally all dicks, post it on our forums.
If people's opinions about your server don't matter to you, why do you moderate it? I remember back when BS12 was new and the admins cared about the server, and were generally awesome people. Besides, with what I can tell from what I've seen in the few threads on this forum, I wouldn't put it past the current BS12 admins to just mod any complaints off of their forums. What's wrong with people talking about the different stations on this thread?

This IS the SS13 thread, after all. Most of the BS12 admins are, guess what, on Bay12, so I don't see why it matters to you that they post it on the BS12 forums so much that you will curse and whine about it here. You JUST read what they have to say, yelling at them to post it elsewhere is just silly.

EDIT: And it seems Apple is trying to get this thread locked. :-/
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:23:24 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

WhenInRome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: September 18, 2011, 04:24:08 pm »

I mean does Baystation13 even have a story or context? (I am guessing yes. Though other then the names of the factions being stated I don't know it).
NanoTrasen is a Big Evil Corporation (TM) who wants plasma (which is like gas except way cooler because it does something that is never really explained) and then they build a ship to get more plasma because apparently it is important for some reason. And then there's the syndicate, which is what happens if the same people who wear Che Guevara t-shirts and rant about "the man" got a bunch of guns and bombs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 18, 2011, 04:27:24 pm »

NanoTrasen is a Big Evil Corporation (TM) who wants plasma (which is like gas except way cooler because it does something that is never really explained) and then they build a ship to get more plasma because apparently it is important for some reason. And then there's the syndicate, which is what happens if the same people who wear Che Guevara t-shirts and rant about "the man" got a bunch of guns and bombs.

Odd, the actual story seems more confusing then no-story.

Who is the Traitor exactly? (I'd ask who can the traitor be, but I remember that the Traitor gets supplies from a very specific source. Which is too bad somewhat... though maybe for the SpaceStation 13 remake I could suggest different styles of traitors)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 18, 2011, 04:29:31 pm »

Apple Master, please! I understand that you don't like people discussing your server on another forum, sure that's fine.
But there's no need to get this thread locked by personally attacking people! Toady already gave a warning.
I play this game sometimes, I don't want the thread to be locked. Let's all just go back to being friends, 'kay? :-\

...And it's nice to finally know more about the story, if only a little. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1492 on: September 18, 2011, 05:24:42 pm »

I've given Apple Master some time to think about where he or she is coming from.  Hopefully this part of the thread will die off now.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: September 18, 2011, 05:26:37 pm »

In an effort to move the thread away from Apple Master's need for KY:

Does anyone else have Enormous Horrendous Lag Problems on Space Station 13? It takes me about 4-6 minutes, possibly more, to walk in a full circle of the GoonStation's main ring, to give an example. It's utterly impossible for me to actually do combat because people get about 5 actions to each 1 of mine.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: September 18, 2011, 05:43:09 pm »

I thought that was normal in Space Station 13...

It is why I hope the remake gets made.

Space Station 13 is like an awsome game done in the worst way possible.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:52:29 pm by Neonivek »

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: September 18, 2011, 06:54:39 pm »

Yeah, putting Apple's vitriol aside for a moment, what does everyone here think sums up a good SS13 experience?

For me, it would be the interesting situations and barely repressed chaos forcing everyone to think outside the box when interacting.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: September 18, 2011, 06:56:30 pm »

Yeah, putting Apple's vitriol aside for a moment, what does everyone here think sums up a good SS13 experience?

It is hard to say really.

I've had fun games be where I did nothing but me unconscious for the whole time... while I had games that I couldn't STAND where I actually walked around aimlessly.

but I guess the difference was that when I was unconscious events seemed to unfold like a story... while when I was lost (and no one was anywhere) things progressed like it was a really boring videogame.

CompactNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • From space!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: September 18, 2011, 07:04:35 pm »

I'm going to attempt to at least somewhat convey what I -think- Apples was trying to convey, in a less insulty kind of manner.
BS12 still exists for a reason. This reason is that some people actually enjoy the way we play. Sure, some of you might not like that, fine, I don't really mind either way, that's your tastes. The reason you're upsetting us is because you're responding to our strict nature, which is entirely in place to maintain the strict RP that is expected of our server, by close to outright insulting us, and I feel that that is uncalled for.
Too be blunt, if you don't like our server, don't play on it, it's simple as that. If you're seeing the strict end of the admins, it's proof that you are doing something that we don't like, something that we don't want to see on the server. If you work on what we've said, then we get along fine, if you disagree with us, for whatever reason, then this is not the server for you. Continued attempts to ignore our "strictness" is just gonna get us more frustrated at you, which will probably end up upsetting you, and then people seem to come over here and bitch about it when that happens.
If you acknowledge that we are going to be strict, and that the extent we go to, just for RP, might not adhere to your tastes, and then find the server indeed isn't your cup of tea, then that's fine, go find another place which is a bit more to your liking; just don't argue with us over our own rules (as varied as they may be) and complain about us.
I don't complain about Goon for being too griefy, or /tg/ for not focusing enough on RP, that's what I've come to expect of those servers, and really, it shouldn't be any different when it comes to BS12.
I'd really like if you guys would stop complaining about us now.

EDIT:
what does everyone here think sums up a good SS13 experience?
The best rounds I've been in have been when I really got to see everyone's characters, indepth.
About a month ago, we had a 7 hour extended round, in which I was the barman. I talked with pretty much everyone aboard, got to see a load of interesting character interaction, and even broke up a barfight between the captain and HoS, over a certain female medical doctor.

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: September 18, 2011, 07:17:40 pm »

I mean does Baystation13 even have a story or context?

Yup. The story varies, depending on which server you are playing on, but the backstories of the main three can be found on their respective wikis:

Goonstation
/tg/Station
Baystation (Ironically, for a RP-heavy version, no world backstory has been provided - although someone has posted their own.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: September 18, 2011, 07:50:40 pm »

Personally I prefer not having a concrete backstory.

This leaves things completely open for people to improvise and come up with whatever they want in a round.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 166