Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 310720 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1455 on: September 16, 2011, 09:27:31 pm »

My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: September 16, 2011, 09:31:37 pm »

HA!
I only play legends mode

I also play on the longest history setting for hard mode.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: September 17, 2011, 01:54:01 am »

Note to self: when you charge through a door with a flash-wielding rev on the other side, take off your thermals.

Oh well, atleast we ended that hour long round.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: September 17, 2011, 04:36:47 am »

I was trying to eat a nelon >.>
Spoiler: Which one? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good show.

EDIT: Today I learned not to use teleporters. Ever. Because they FLING YOU INTO SPACE RANDOMLY.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:39:25 am by Supercharazad »

supernorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: September 17, 2011, 08:40:57 am »

So guys, right now who is the current person saying they are going to remake Spacestation 13 except better? My guess is that they are all gone.

We've made the most progress out of any remake attempt so far. Have some faith in us!  8)

www.spacestation13.com

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: September 17, 2011, 08:43:49 am »

Heh, I must admit, I was quite happy to see that you guys had finally made some decent progress.
I should probably jump on IRC and congratulate you
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:47:36 am by Googolplexed »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: September 17, 2011, 08:58:04 am »

Wow. I just realised: The AI can blow up the engine at any time. By pressing one button.

Googolplexed

• Bay Watcher
  • My avatar is of whitespace, Not the firefox logo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: September 17, 2011, 08:59:34 am »

The AI has always been able to screw with the engine for as long as I can remember
Love the smell of plasma fire spewing all over the station from opening the engine doors

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #1463 on: September 17, 2011, 10:19:18 am »

If only that was literally true, and sudden extreme pressure differences created destructive shockwaves, so that opening the engine literally blew up the nearby area.
Eh?
Eh!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: September 18, 2011, 03:33:48 am »

If only that was literally true, and sudden extreme pressure differences created destructive shockwaves, so that opening the engine literally blew up the nearby area.

BAN HE

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1465 on: September 18, 2011, 08:05:23 am »

That would rule. Would probably lag a lot more, but i play DF so i'm used to shit framerate :P.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: September 18, 2011, 08:30:32 am »

Baystation12 website is being DoS.

Do you mean DDos? Distributed Denial of service attack? I just checked and it's up. It might be a running a hair slower than usual. So if it is being ddos'd some one is doing a poor job.

No a regular DoS that bogged up the webserver for a few hours.

Was annoying but easily dealt with.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: September 18, 2011, 11:56:08 am »

That's one way to win a disagreement, BS12 admins - give your opinion, disable OOC, then threaten to ban anyone who tries to reply on the IC channel.

That's what people are talking about when they say you're far too strict. It's not like people were blowing up the ship with bombs on purpose, there was no security and they were fighting back against a murderer who was running around killing people. Was everyone just supposed to line up nicely while the (admin, I'll note) traitor shot us one by one? Because that's what you seemed to be suggesting. Don't you dare say we didn't know he was going to shoot us all, because that's metagaming (for all we know he's a complete nutter and we're stuck here with him).

To use space's bank robbery situation, people *DO* sometime charge armed criminals. Regular, ordinary people with no training. It happens - not everyone goes into cower and hide mode when threatened, especially if the criminal is outnumbered. Is it smart? maybe not. It happens, though. I'd wager the crew of a spaceship would also have a greater percent of 'brave' people then the general population too (especially on a spaceship run by a company with as bad a reputation as NT). If we'd had any security at all, maybe you'd have a point, but we didn't.

Just because the admin traitor wanted everyone to be cowards and hide while he had free reign to kill people does not mean it's bad RP for them to fight back.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: September 18, 2011, 12:29:09 pm »

It's not like people were blowing up the ship with bombs on purpose, there was no security and they were fighting back against a murderer who was running around killing people.

I have to admit... I've seen movies do less.

Not to mention even Cowards tend to step up once they know what to do.

Studies have shown that in a large amount of people, people tend to do nothing when they see danger. Other studies have found that when the exact same kinds of people see danger but know what it is AND what to do, they often will attempt to help even at the risk of their own life.

Also remember Baystation12 Admins... Everyone is the main character of their game. Because the game doesn't make you pick character traits for your character in advance... who is to say the Bartender wasn't a ex-marine, The Engineer isn't a secret agent, and the doctor isn't partially sociopathic? I understand the "no murder if your not the murderer" rule is because the place isn't insane... But honestly the security isn't supposed to be the ONLY threat to the Traitor (and frankly a Traitor that runs around killing people SHOULD be chased down and destroyed by the crew who are illequipped to deal with it)

I REALLY hope I am not getting in the middle of an arguement. If it turns out this was one, just tell me and I'll take this down. I just like debating proper roleplay vs. inapropriate roleplay.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:37:42 pm by Neonivek »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: September 18, 2011, 12:54:28 pm »

Stop shitting up this fucking thread with your pathetic vitriol fueled grudges/rants again BS12. If you don't like how we admin or how the server plays out, Don't fucking play here.

PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 166