Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 166

Author Topic: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*  (Read 310718 times)

Abi79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacestation 13 *New Topic*
« Reply #1470 on: September 18, 2011, 12:57:19 pm »

The fact that you dislike our server and feel the need to keep posting about it is getting tiresome. Our rules are our rules. If you don't like them, play on another server. This topic is about Spacestation13, not Baystation12's rules.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: September 18, 2011, 01:09:38 pm »

I used to play on BS12. I went to /TG/, because their rules are more set-in-stone than BS12's. At BS12, you can get told that you can do something by one admin, then banned by another a minute later. I don't like that.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: September 18, 2011, 01:22:00 pm »

This topic is about Spacestation13

There for a good place to talk about the good stations and complain about the shitty ones.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: September 18, 2011, 01:22:20 pm »

I used to play on BS12. I went to /TG/, because their rules are more set-in-stone than BS12's. At BS12, you can get told that you can do something by one admin, then banned by another a minute later. I don't like that.

There really seems to be a problem overall with how the set up is.

This is like watching that movie about Smallpox where in the end the Government forced people into camps so they wouldn't mingle with anyone else, causing the death of those who came to the camp.

Keeping these games together has required such watching that it started to degenerate.

Though I guess the major difference between Bay12 and other Byond games with similar premises (mass roleplay) is that Bay12 requires large groups for the most part, while the others are played better with just a few people. So it is nearly impossible to run a long going sane game without any form of degeneration.

There for a good place to talk about the good stations and complain about the shitty ones

I have to agree, what better place to talk about Stations then a Baystation13 topic?

Mind you, I don't condone "pissing" on a station run by the people in this room. But on THIS page (just this page) I have yet to see anyone do anything of that type.

---

I guess some rooms need to establish parameters of roleplay and motivations.

Destroying the station to kill the Traitor could be appropriate if the people remaining didn't think they could save the station (not to mention that repairs are easy in the game... so really what is a little cosmetic damage to an engineering team?) Or maybe the station is considered to valuable to damage even if it means the traitor would get it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:30:29 pm by Neonivek »

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: September 18, 2011, 01:31:41 pm »

Stop shitting up this fucking thread with your pathetic vitriol fueled grudges/rants again BS12. If you don't like how we admin or how the server plays out, Don't fucking play here.

I'm not shitting up the thread. It's a discussion, not a vitriol fueled grudge/rant. I believe the admin was wrong about the issue, and I also believe the way the other admins all circled the wagons to quash any discussion was also wrong, and I think that is a big reason you see lots of people saying the admins are too strict and not playing on the server. This is a discussion about that, I was maybe hoping the admins would explain why the decided what they did instead of just ranting at me.

Abi79 - I don't believe I've ever said I disliked the server and I don't think I've constantly posted about it either. I just checked my post history, the only think I've 'complained' about is thinking RP rev is silly (I do), the engine being unrealistic (it is) and trials being boring (apparently everyone agrees since the prison shuttle was added and is usually used). Maybe you have me confused with someone else?
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: September 18, 2011, 01:39:48 pm »

I guess the problem is that there are too many unwritten rules.

Or rather... that Admins can ban with subjective reasoning.

I mean does Baystation13 even have a story or context? (I am guessing yes. Though other then the names of the factions being stated I don't know it).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:41:19 pm by Neonivek »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: September 18, 2011, 02:12:47 pm »

What abi means is: The fact that this topic was made primarily for BS12 does not mean you should be using it to complain. We have an Appeals & Complaints forum, so if you have an actual issue with an admin or something, go ahead and post there. I like to drop in on OG every once in a while, and it's incredibly tiresome to have my yahoo inbox full of "X replied to Spacestation 13" and X saying "I don't like BS12 [/excuses]".

Trust me, we get that there are bad points to BS12, just as there are to all the other servers. However, if you're not gonna complain about it somewhere we actually read often (like our own forums), then it's just a tiresome act and honestly kinda annoying.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: September 18, 2011, 02:18:05 pm »

What abi means is: The fact that this topic was made primarily for BS12 does not mean you should be using it to complain. We have an Appeals & Complaints forum

Checking throughout this topic

ALL there is, is complaints, rule questions (rule creation), and single statements.

The Complaint section was there because people quite litterally flamed and trolled the old topics (and the VAST majority of it was Ban arguements) and took over old discussions with just mindless complaining that never ended.

Though by all means change the topic... If there is something more meaningful then the exploration of how Baystation13 works, how to play it, and stuff then I am all ears.

The fact is "acting heroic but in character can get you banned" is deeply interesting to me. It says something about how Baystation13 is intended to be played. No one here is whining yet.

Which is also a problem. By shoving everything negative to a "complaints topic" arn't you dooming it to being ignored and never discussed because of endless trolling?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 02:21:44 pm by Neonivek »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 18, 2011, 02:25:34 pm »

No, because we have rules against straight out trolling, just as pretty much every where does.

If you insist on talking crap and debating stuff that doesn't need to be debated, at least not here, go ahead. However, nothing is going to come of anyone's discussions if they're not on our forums.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 18, 2011, 02:33:46 pm »

No, because we have rules against straight out trolling

Good thing we arn't doing that OR debating either AND we arn't trying to change anyone's oppinion.

Well at least I'm not. I don't know about Burnt Toast though... Which unfortunately he is the only other person other then me. :(

Which unfortunately Apple Master you killed the conversation good... No one is going to discuss rules ettiquete now that everyone is afraid it counts as trolling.  :'(

---

On another tangent, I wonder if Bay13 would ever benefit from a work hour clock.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 02:44:11 pm by Neonivek »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 18, 2011, 02:45:10 pm »

So I played my first round of Secret rotation Alien today.

I was the Captain as per usual, 21 other people on. I grab my shit, go up to QM and see a body with aliens all around it. The Mechanicus chaplain, some assistant and I ran like hell when we saw them. We came back with welders and stormed the place, it was covered in weeds and there were a few eggs. I destroyed an egg and attacked a soldier, killing it. The queen pushes me out and knocks one of my allies on his ass and kills him alongside the others. We ran away again.

Later, about 10 minutes, the station is out of power, the aliens are running rampant killing every other person that crosses their path. I grab a welder and charge the Zeta shuttle wing with a bunch of my allies. After a heated battle resulting in the death of another alien, we were taken down and I got killed. The aliens went on with infesting the ship for about 5 minutes, then the admin respawned all the dead. I ran like hell and got facehugged instantly. I took control of my body's larva. The shuttle was called. I grew up, became a soldier and left the main hive (the alien queen put on her trollface mask and made the hive in arrival) and went hunting.

The botanist was a dumbass and kept working even though aliens were killing everyone, so me and another soldier pried open the airlocks and busted him down. We then went down south maintenance where we found these 3 guys trying to pry open a door, one had a welder. We rushed them, knocked a couple down then the guy with the welder killed my ally. I ran away and came back later, they were gone and 2 were up at the disposal airlock leading to the hallway. Me and an ally staked them out in plain sight, afterwards we charged and killed the guy with the welder. I ate his body while my ally stabbed the other guy to death, then the round ended.

Fun times.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 18, 2011, 02:45:36 pm »

Let me re-iterate. Your opinions do not matter. At all. If you want your feedback to be noticed by us at BS12 and possibly reacted to although honestly I doubt it because you are literally all dicks, post it on our forums.

You may continue to crap up this thread, but this is my last reply and if I could I'd delete it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 18, 2011, 02:51:11 pm »

Thats a bit more fun then I generally get.

Somehow I have the fantastic luck of being knocked out REALLY early and being dragged onto the escape ship. (It is a lot more fun then it sounds. Your vision goes black and everytime I regained consciousness the entire place was dramatically changed. It was hillarious! I think one time the Traitor actually got on the escape shuttle but we got off anyway. They just couldn't hit the Traitor for some reason, he actually managed to walk through the ENTIRE security team in a full game)

I have died by accident before >_>

Does anyone other then me get lost a LOT? Actually one of the most disapointing times playing Baystation13 was when I was hopelessly lost and made it to the bar (and disco) only to find out nobody was there.

Though to admit another time a bartender was there... but no one else. I think it is because in the server I was playing in, EVERYONE was doing their exact job all the time. There was no breaks.

Your opinions do not matter. At all. If you want your feedback to be noticed by us at BS12 and possibly reacted to

Well I don't, The Admins arn't even a good source for this information anyhow as each one has an entirely different set of rules... Toasty maybe. Who are you speaking to? (unless you are being a satire)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:08:54 pm by Neonivek »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1483 on: September 18, 2011, 03:10:36 pm »

I'd appreciate it if the heated elements of this discussion were unheated.  There doesn't need to be any strident language at all here.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 18, 2011, 03:29:05 pm »

I'd appreciate it if the heated elements of this discussion were unheated.  There doesn't need to be any strident language at all here.
Nevertheless, the conversation is pretty much dead.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:53:10 pm by Rakonas »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 166