Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2510 2511 [2512] 2513 2514 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692414 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Love Thy Roommate Edition
« Reply #37665 on: June 04, 2014, 02:11:17 pm »

It goes even beyond the games. Last night when we were having dinner (he, my SO and I), he spent about 75% of the time texting on his phone with his girlfriend. I have a personal rule about not texting or talking on the phone during a meal if someone else is present, unless it's an emergency. It's just fucking rude.

And let me clarify -- he's 40. We're not talking about somebody who's still figuring out how social interaction works.  :-\

...People forget. Best possible instance to think about (even if...it doesn't seem like it? :-\). Best to chalk it up to forgetfulness.
Try talking to him? Most likely, maybe he really forgot--and I bet you could get if he didn't actually forget and intend it while talking to him...I guess.
I...don't believe age matters. Yeah, it does matter when it means maturity and character and personality but...the only way I can see here is that he's forgetful.
But yes, that is rude of him.  :-X

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #37666 on: June 04, 2014, 02:12:49 pm »

Now that I think about it: RedKing, do not do anything bathroom related.

edit: own raeg: Domino pizza tracker doesn't work.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:28:19 pm by Dutchling »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37667 on: June 04, 2014, 02:33:32 pm »

Everything has gone to shit because of an argument from yesterday.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #37668 on: June 04, 2014, 02:42:10 pm »

Cows break out. Try to get them in. Cows avoid capture few times. Try to get them back in next day. They evade capture and run through hedges that were thought nigh on impenetrable. Angry by this point. Then, today, exam over, come home and to the field of battle. Wielding my trusty stick, I stalk the enemy. Get them into the recently fortified field and they simply charge through an electric fence.

Temptation to use gun rising.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37669 on: June 04, 2014, 03:34:58 pm »

Sweet hell, what about that place do they dislike so much they're willing to go through electrocution to escape?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37670 on: June 04, 2014, 03:46:06 pm »

Time to make some steaks, I would think.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37671 on: June 04, 2014, 04:13:40 pm »

I'm beginning to understand why Dota players hate LoL so much...

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37672 on: June 04, 2014, 04:22:43 pm »

I'm beginning to understand why Dota players hate LoL so much...
I only ever played DotA (I insist on capitalizing it that way because it is a motherfucking acronym *old fashioned*) a tiny, casual bit, but from my observations LoL fans, aside from being on the whole toxic, seem to think that the game invented the MOBA, AKA "DotA rip-/spinoffs somehow becoming their own damn", genre. That, and LoL is everywhere. LoL basically lives off "no publicity is bad publicity" because as long as it's the best-known example, the myth that LoL was the genre-defining, created-in-a-vacuum MOBA is perpetuated.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37673 on: June 04, 2014, 04:31:00 pm »

I looked at those kind of games but the bile and spite I hear is commonplace in the community rather puts me off.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37674 on: June 04, 2014, 04:40:45 pm »

I looked at those kind of games but the bile and spite I hear is commonplace in the community rather puts me off.
Am an avid DotA player here and..yeah. It's commonplace. But that mostly reflects the idiocy ego 'superiority' 'teamplayer' attitude personality values ideas of the player.
Bad thing: Most people are jerks and swear and cuss a lot for some reason. :-\ I mean, sure, from personal experience its mostly people in Lan games wherein they know each other, guys or girls, but...looking at it online...
I'm looking at you, LoL, Dota2 and all you others that aren't DotA.
Erh.

PS LoL players: DotA was there a ton of time [years] before LoL or any of the other games//MOBA genre existed. I was there to play the history of it.
oh dear the fun. snow map in Warcraft: Frozen Throne...argh the nostalgia.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 04:42:56 pm by Tiruin »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37675 on: June 04, 2014, 04:41:59 pm »

So at work, we're changing certain parts to make putting the frames together easier. Things go a little bumpy at first, but it's a new process, so I understand. My partner and I were putting a frame together today, and after measuring and marking everything out, we start clamping the parts on so we can start welding them together. Except we notice that everything looks off. We call one of the older guys over, and ask if he thinks it looks off. He does, so we measure everything out again, and all the measurements match the plans. So we call the engineer out, and ask him what's going on. Guess what he says. "Oh, we changed the dimensions on the plans." Well that explains a lot, but why are we just learning this now?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37676 on: June 04, 2014, 04:59:48 pm »

No, nothing to do with the community, that's a universal constant among games of that kind. It's more that Riot's a terrible company.

Also, Aeon of Strife was first :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37677 on: June 04, 2014, 05:03:48 pm »

No, nothing to do with the community, that's a universal constant among games of that kind. It's more that Riot's a terrible company.

But...Riot is only a company for one g-

*writes notes o-o*
What makes me rage is that the toxicity/stoopidity that what I usually see in Lan games (mostly in jest yeah but it grates on the nerves when done too much) spills into online stuffs. >_>
Such condescending kids. :-\

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37678 on: June 04, 2014, 05:10:24 pm »

I fried my Razer Naga last night simply by touching it.  Shocked it, destroyed the input on the USB port that it was connected to (tested it out, things receive power but can't send anything to the computer by the port), and the mouse itself.

I cannot begin to find words for the rage.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37679 on: June 04, 2014, 05:50:35 pm »

Dynasty warriors, iirc. AoS was roughly second (and better known, obviously enough, since the whole lot's named after it).

Have you still not actually played LoL?

E:... but nah, DotA players try to get their hate on for LoL players because of standard Us vs Them bullshit with a side of elitism and desperate attempts to justify their belief that DotA is something beyond the perennial AoS knockoff. Most of them neither know anything nor give a damn about Riot, nor do they care enough to learn jack-all about DotA. It has little to nothing to do with comparative merit.

This is roughly the same for those of both sides that actually try to spew malice for the other, mind you.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:56:38 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 2510 2511 [2512] 2513 2514 ... 3345