Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2512 2513 [2514] 2515 2516 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691750 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Love Thy Roommate Edition
« Reply #37695 on: June 04, 2014, 08:51:55 pm »

Well, it's a Mac, and also it seems to be doing a "soft" reset. As in, it's going to blue (Which is the Mac "computer starting up/shutting down" symbol), then it goes back to a thing with all my settings on (As in, still connected to the internet) but with all of the windows closed with none of the data saved. Also, I think it's voltage irregularity.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37696 on: June 04, 2014, 08:56:22 pm »

And yet that -- filching ideas from other sources -- was exactly one of the things you cited as Riot, via whoever pendragon is, doing wrong, P. DotA's long been among the kings of that. Entirely unoriginal, no, but about as close to it as you can get, yes. As for the various other shenanigans, I'm fairly sure you'll find something similar enough somewhere in DotA's history just as well if you go looking. The whole thing's long been a mess. There's been people acting pretty shitty in both game's history.

I don't actually have a problem with prolific "inspiration", m'self (my annoyance with DotA and everything that spawned from it, including LoL, is more that its influence badly stagnated the AoS genre, but that's neither here nor there), but I'm not going to tar and feather one company for doing the exact same thing a different one does unless I tar and feather both. Which I do, really. As I said, I wouldn't give either game money if you paid me to. If they weren't free, I wouldn't touch either with a ten foot pole.

The difference being that Riot's made an entire business model based on it while Valve has nothing to do with it except for them hiring Icefrog.

EDIT: In related news, just played a game of Dota where the enemy team decided to spend 5 minutes spawn camping us instead of winning the goddamn game while I can't leave because of abandonment. Ugh. People act as if a surrender button will ruin Dota, and it's true that it doesn't have as much of a place as it does in LoL (where snowballing is what the game's about and it's impossible to come back from a sufficiently ahead game), but I often feel like people are against that in Dota for the same reason as people are against in-game voice chat in LoL (I.E "it's different therefore wrong!!!!"). And now I realize that I never get frustrated like I am right now and thus have developed no way to alleviate frustrations. I'm going to play euro truck simulator and see if it helps.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:06:40 pm by Putnam »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37697 on: June 04, 2014, 11:32:29 pm »

A building that should have taken three hours to complete has taken all day because Total Conquest apparently can't measure the passage of time unless I open it every 10 seconds. I really like it but god damn some of these bugs ugggh.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37698 on: June 04, 2014, 11:36:17 pm »

I couldn't have had more than a couple of hour's sleep.
No idea why I couldn't sleep. This is annoying. I'd planned on going to the city and buying comics today.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37699 on: June 04, 2014, 11:47:40 pm »

Idiots keep bothering me at school. Up is a direction countercurrent to the local gravitational field in your frame of reference! "What's up?" is not a complicated question!
I glare at people when they ask me "What's up?"

Jerks.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #37700 on: June 05, 2014, 12:18:17 am »

What's up?

*Flexes
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37701 on: June 05, 2014, 12:21:56 am »

Up is an overrated movie and I wish people stop asking what it is.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37702 on: June 05, 2014, 12:27:29 am »

I couldn't have had more than a couple of hour's sleep.
No idea why I couldn't sleep. This is annoying. I'd planned on going to the city and buying comics today.

your lack of sleep cost me four nothings

asfgdas

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37703 on: June 05, 2014, 12:54:34 am »

STUPID FUCK GOING DOWN THE FREEWAY AT FIVE MILES PER HOUR. YOU ARE GOING A TENTH OF THE SPEED OF EVERYONE ELSE ON THE FREEWAY. DRIVE ON THE GODDAMN SHOULDER, NOT THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING ROAD YOU INDESCRIBABLE IDIOT.

Very nearly ran him over, very nearly got hit by the truck behind me when I slowed down.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37704 on: June 05, 2014, 12:56:20 am »

Well don't post on Bay12 whilst driving, then! [/kidding]

your lack of sleep cost me four nothings
asfgdas
:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37705 on: June 05, 2014, 02:25:34 am »

It goes even beyond the games. Last night when we were having dinner (he, my SO and I), he spent about 75% of the time texting on his phone with his girlfriend. I have a personal rule about not texting or talking on the phone during a meal if someone else is present, unless it's an emergency. It's just fucking rude.

And let me clarify -- he's 40. We're not talking about somebody who's still figuring out how social interaction works.  :-\

...People forget. Best possible instance to think about (even if...it doesn't seem like it? :-\). Best to chalk it up to forgetfulness.
Try talking to him? Most likely, maybe he really forgot--and I bet you could get if he didn't actually forget and intend it while talking to him...I guess.
I...don't believe age matters. Yeah, it does matter when it means maturity and character and personality but...the only way I can see here is that he's forgetful.
But yes, that is rude of him.  :-X

Forget what, exactly? That there was somebody else sitting at the table? That's not very likely.
Love, scriver~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37706 on: June 05, 2014, 03:03:14 am »

Up is an overrated movie and I wish people stop asking what it is.
I was actually gonna make a reference to that. Good to see somebody else spared me the effort.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #37707 on: June 05, 2014, 06:52:23 am »

Seriously, my mom has this feeling for when I'm in the zone(=focused on programming and being efficient) and tells me to go study for an hour or two every time. I wasn't able to do anything yesterday (family events plus general apathy as to what to do) and was feeling pretty good at having started when she suddenly strongly tells me to go do your freakin math because programming ain't gonna get you into college. It just had to be when I was starting to make progress with my game, tinkering with terrain generation. Now after I do the mandatary studying I'm not going to be able to get back into the zone and end up playing games and wasting my freaking time again. I'm sick of wasting time but it isn't anything I can will away.  It doesn't help that I don't feel very motivated to study what with my continuously falling rank & general school woes. At least a gradw will tell me "you need to do this better". Rankings are entirely "you suck compared to your peers and you should feel bad".

And then part of me tells the rest of me that you're making excuses for being a lazy chump with no good study habits and argj

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37708 on: June 05, 2014, 07:12:32 am »

I'm at school. It is extremely hard to walk around the hallways. Can you guess why?

BECAUSE SOME STUPID FUCK DECIDED THAT HE SHOULD STRETCH HUGE LENGTHS OF YARN ALL THE WAY BETWEEN THE WALLS, SUSPENDED IN THE AIR. THERE'S QUITE A LOT OF IT.

I SWEAR TO GOD IF I FIND OUT WHO DID THIS I WILL ROUNDHOUSE KICK THEIR HEAD OFF AND THEN PUT IT ON A PLAQUE SO EVERYONE KNOWS NEVER TO DO THIS AGAIN.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37709 on: June 05, 2014, 07:54:04 am »

To be honest, that sounds kinda cool. Pix pl0x?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 2512 2513 [2514] 2515 2516 ... 3345