Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2509 2510 [2511] 2512 2513 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691748 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Love Thy Roommate Edition
« Reply #37650 on: June 04, 2014, 04:29:03 am »

I don't really see the issue? Be flattered and tell him you aren't interested (which I assume from this being the Rage thread).

Trust me, it's when these things go unsaid that they tend to blow up.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #37651 on: June 04, 2014, 04:29:59 am »

Maybe the "had" part is the bad thing, and the rage is towards himself?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37652 on: June 04, 2014, 04:39:18 am »

I'm not sure if I should post that in sad thread or this thread but I'm sort of annoyed because now I'm going to look like a complete idiot since I was sulking and whining to some people on #bay12lb about how I'm not attractive to anyone.

I'm also pissed off because I am sure that he is lying.

Also "had" was just poor wording. He "had and still does".
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37653 on: June 04, 2014, 05:02:22 am »

...Yeah, on the first paragraph >_>

But that's missing specifics. How are you sure he's lying? Just to tease you? Because in that way, it is...acceptable to get mad. That's manipulation.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37654 on: June 04, 2014, 05:02:47 am »

Tawarochir, Cmega3, I feel for you guys. So much. :(
Controlling parents are terrible. I had to go through a lot of the same things, although thankfully my dad left when I was a little kid so I quickly grew large enough that my mother couldn't push me around a whole lot. Still, the verbal abuse and psychological attacks she threw at me were horrible, and I had to deal with them pretty much every day.
It didn't help that she'd go from being really nice and kind and, well, 'motherly' one moment, to in a berserk, screaming rage the next. You know what, maybe batshit insane is a better way to describe it than "controlling", but still: I very much sympathise with what you're going through.

Hang in there, and once you're old enough to live on your own, GTFO of there and deal with your parents only on your terms.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DON'T ROLL A 1 Edition
« Reply #37655 on: June 04, 2014, 01:25:16 pm »

Finding it increasingly difficult to "hang out" or otherwise meaningfully interact with my roommate (a friend that I've known since high school and whom I've lived with intermittently for about 8 years between then and now).

He comes home, makes a sandwich, then proceeds to play either Skyrim or Hearthstone until about 1am, when he goes to bed. Attempts to engage him in conversation while he's playing are futile. Attempts to do any kind of co-op gaming are limited at best (a little bit of Borderlands 2 here, a little Monaco there). I even tried playing some Hearthstone against him, but after he dropped two legendaries on me in the first six rounds (I've barely even gotten a starter deck put together), I ragequit and found something else to do.

When my kids are here, he vanishes to his girlfriend's apartment for a day or two. When we go out to eat, he's mostly absorbed in his smartphone.

Now I'm just trying to save up enough money (and get a raise at work) so I can afford to get my own place.  :-\
Fuck it. Same thing again tonight. Only this time my girlfriend made us all a great dinner (the third one in a week that she and/or I have made that he's partaken of) and as soon as he was done, he headed back upstairs without so much as spending a few minutes to chat or offer to help clean up or y'know....help PAY for the cost of the ingredients. So then after she left, I went up to just kinda chat and shoot the breeze, and he barely acknowledges I'm in the fucking room.

This is no longer sad, this is rage thread material.

Huh. Kinda maybe where I'm at with my roommate. Known him since highschool, been close friends throughout but we've only started living in the same house for about the last three months. We'd game pretty much every Friday/Saturday. But now I dunno....I'm suddenly finding I want more time to myself, to play my SP games or just watch some TV. (Working full time now probably has something to do with it too.) We're pretty much never around each other, I work days, he works nights, I stay downstairs, he has no reason to leave the upstairs. In fact he just asked me to come play Diablo 3 with him and I was kinda like "Yyyyyeeaaaaaahhhh.....but Alien is on." And there's a big huge storm going on the background right now.

Not quite sure what to make of it. Familiarity breeds contempt? But your post reminds me I should hang with my roommate and play some games. So thanks.
That wouldn't even be so bad, if he was offering ideas for things to do together to hang out. But it's just Skyrim, Hearthstone and his girlfriend. Those are apparently the only three things that matter in life. The last one I have no problem with. But the first two.....

Look, I hardly have the moral high ground to denigrate someone for videogame addiction. But c'mon man....when he's not playing Hearthstone, he's watching YouTube videos of other people playing Hearthstone. Or analyzing the metadata of his last 50 matches to try and construct the Ultimate Deck or some shit.

I never want to get THAT into a game. I'm happy spending my free time with my significant other and/or my kids. And only THEN, when none of them are around, playing games.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #37656 on: June 04, 2014, 01:30:55 pm »

Well, at least he prefers a really good game to your companionship.

Could be worse. Could be Goat Simulator or something :P

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37657 on: June 04, 2014, 01:33:15 pm »

Doesn't really sound different than my roommate, TBH. Tried to get him to play half a dozen other games besides Diablo 3 or BF4, but when he's not doing them, he's....watching videos of people playing D3 or BF4. Somewhere along the line he got hooked into youtube channels and I don't think it's been good for him. Half the time I want him to play a game with me he's like "I'd rather just watch someone play it."

....Alright then. It's partly the reason I started focusing more on my solo activities, because I couldn't get him to do anything other than what he obsessively does now.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: DON'T ROLL A 1 Edition
« Reply #37658 on: June 04, 2014, 01:36:44 pm »

*snips*
Try to approach him directly? :-\ As in, make time for it, and request him to also make time for it [ie 'Hey [name of friend], do you have a minute?'] You don't want a falling out to occur [..this is my fear and I'm just guessing :x]...and all the regards I see here seem to be moving towards extremes.

I mean, he's a friend, more possibly, he'd notice these things if you bring it open to his eye--and less likely, recognize whatever you'll say as a threat (even if its not, but that..sometimes happens? Unsure how but just passing on possibilities :-X)

Wishing you well there RedKing.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37659 on: June 04, 2014, 01:46:15 pm »

It goes even beyond the games. Last night when we were having dinner (he, my SO and I), he spent about 75% of the time texting on his phone with his girlfriend. I have a personal rule about not texting or talking on the phone during a meal if someone else is present, unless it's an emergency. It's just fucking rude.

And let me clarify -- he's 40. We're not talking about somebody who's still figuring out how social interaction works.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #37660 on: June 04, 2014, 02:04:34 pm »

That would be rude even if he weren't an old-timer :x

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37661 on: June 04, 2014, 02:05:22 pm »

Well, people do get older and crustify emotionally. I assume by the time you're 40, you're probably at the point where you'd rather live alone than with someone like a friend. There are probably better ways to handle it though, besides acting like the other person is a ghost.

But who knows? Maybe you pissed him off about something and he's intentionally giving you the cold shoulder, hoping you'll make the first move.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #37662 on: June 04, 2014, 02:06:33 pm »

But who knows? Maybe you pissed him off about something and he's intentionally giving you the cold shoulder, hoping you'll make the first move.
I suggest cuddling.

Does he lock the door when he showers?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #37663 on: June 04, 2014, 02:09:04 pm »

I think RK's trying to avoid getting drunk enough to follow through with that line of thought, D.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #37664 on: June 04, 2014, 02:09:10 pm »

Remind me to never give Dutchling attitude. He'll cuddle you in the shower.

Goddamn Dutch, no wonder your government fell apart. Probably too much cuddling in parliament.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 2509 2510 [2511] 2512 2513 ... 3345