Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1863 1864 [1865] 1866 1867 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689553 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Because Maine Edition
« Reply #27960 on: October 04, 2013, 12:25:36 pm »

Stupid buses.

I stood out in the rain for over an hour at a bus stop. 4 full buses passed me before one that wasn't at 100% capacity could pick me up. It was squishy in there.

I could blame a few different things for this.

1. It was 7 am, so it was busy on the roads, with everyone on their way to work/school.

2. The fact that most of the buses on my route have been swapped out for older models with a lower passenger capacity. No idea why they thought that was a good idea, probably to save money.

3. There are also less buses on the route now. Some have had their routes changed to simply drive around the local neighborhood instead of going across the entire region like the rest of the routes. These new buses are called "community buses", and see little use. But hey, it shows that the local transit system cares about the local community, right? I mean, they are called "community buses"! >:(

4. There are several private schools along the route I take, and none of them have their own school buses. They force the students to either walk, get a ride, or take public transit. The crap part about that is that not only are their parents paying for private school, but also for the bus fare.

5. There was another bus line that went into my college, but they recently dropped support for the bus passes that come with our tuition, meaning that less people use that line and opt for the other line that still accepts it.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27961 on: October 04, 2013, 12:34:12 pm »

Youtube has suddenly decided to mute all of it's videos by default. Nothing seems to fix this.

I'd post bigger rages if anything was actually going on in my life, but with no job or incentive to get out, I'm mostly just bored to death.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27962 on: October 04, 2013, 12:38:34 pm »

Stupid buses.
No offense, but did you "Flag" down any of them? I think Buses that don't normally stop at certain bus stops will stop during bad weather if you flag them down. Might be a "Small Rural Town in Australia" thing but yeah...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27963 on: October 04, 2013, 12:43:09 pm »

Stupid buses.
No offense, but did you "Flag" down any of them? I think Buses that don't normally stop at certain bus stops will stop during bad weather if you flag them down. Might be a "Small Rural Town in Australia" thing but yeah...

They were full. I mean beyond full, people were pushed up against the doors.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27964 on: October 04, 2013, 12:45:07 pm »

Some guy on World of Tanks rammed me, took damage from the ram, and died when I shot him, then complained, "That's bullshit. I weighed more and was going faster, you should be dead."
"I had better armor."
"No, it's Mass x velocity = force."
"... You're missing the point. I have BETTER ARMOR, thereby allowing me to resist damage better. That's the whole point of armor."
"No, armor just means you take less penetrations from fire."
"... Are you fucking kidding me?"

Let's take a wooden frame, and weigh it down to be 1000 lbs. Now let's take another frame, and armor it with metal plates, to be 1000 pounds. Now, let's ram them both with an object weighing 500lbs that is going 25 mph. The one that doesn't have armor is *gasp* going to be destroyed in the collision. The one that DOES have armor is more likely to survive the collision, because that's the FUCKING POINT OF HAVING GODDAMN ARMOR. Preventing the armored object from being destroyed or damaged.

Therefore, if I have thicker armor, and you are ramming me, you are more likely to be the recipient of damage in this exchange of force. If you go punch a concrete wall, your hand breaks. The concrete doesn't break because your hand is dealing more force. Your hand does, because your hand is (for the sake of the analogy) less well armored.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27965 on: October 04, 2013, 12:48:16 pm »

Stupid buses.

They were full. I mean beyond full, people were pushed up against the doors.
Opps. Miss read... DAMN my eyesight must be going...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27966 on: October 04, 2013, 01:24:51 pm »

Some guy on World of Tanks rammed me, took damage from the ram, and died when I shot him, then complained, "That's bullshit. I weighed more and was going faster, you should be dead."
"I had better armor."
"... You're missing the point. I have BETTER ARMOR, thereby allowing me to resist damage better. That's the whole point of armor."

Let's take a wooden frame, and weigh it down to be 1000 lbs. Now let's take another frame, and armor it with metal plates, to be 1000 pounds. Now, let's ram them both with an object weighing 500lbs that is going 25 mph. The one that doesn't have armor is *gasp* going to be destroyed in the collision. The one that DOES have armor is more likely to survive the collision, because that's the FUCKING POINT OF HAVING GODDAMN ARMOR. Preventing the armored object from being destroyed or damaged.

Therefore, if I have thicker armor, and you are ramming me, you are more likely to be the recipient of damage in this exchange of force. If you go punch a concrete wall, your hand breaks. The concrete doesn't break because your hand is dealing more force. Your hand does, because your hand is (for the sake of the analogy) less well armored.
Inertia, yo.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27967 on: October 04, 2013, 01:28:32 pm »

"I had better armor."

Inertia, yo.

This reminds me of a time I jumped off a cliff in a Light and landed on a Churchill.
I pretty much bounced off and died, and he took like, 50 points of damage, :P
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27968 on: October 04, 2013, 01:30:35 pm »

"I had better armor."

Inertia, yo.

This reminds me of a time I jumped off a cliff in a Light and landed on a Churchill.
I pretty much bounced off and died, and he took like, 50 points of damage, :P

Newton's 3rd Law... it applies.
This is a blank sig.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27969 on: October 04, 2013, 01:31:50 pm »

"I had better armor."

"Bro, do you EVEN physics?"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27970 on: October 04, 2013, 02:22:15 pm »

That is so much better if you imagine you actually landed on Winston Churchill, and the same damage to each ensued.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #27971 on: October 04, 2013, 02:38:38 pm »

I don't think the tank would have hit Winston Churchill. He'd just stop drinking for a moment and bat the tank out of the air with his bottle before it hit him, give a rousing speech, and young Elizabeth the Second would swoon as the Free People of the British Empire swim across the channel to overthrow Nazi Germany with their fists alone.

'Tis a shame no tanks fell out of the sky toward him. The whole thing would have been wrapped up much sooner.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27972 on: October 04, 2013, 02:40:42 pm »

I just spent three hours walking around in the hot sun trying to find a place in this fucking town that sells Steam Credit. Not only did I get lost, none of the places I went to had any.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27973 on: October 04, 2013, 02:45:32 pm »

"I had better armor."

Does armour have that much of an effect on two blunt objects ramming each other though? Internal damage is internal damage, whether or not the armour breaks too.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27974 on: October 04, 2013, 02:50:32 pm »

If the armor is used to structurally reinforce the object, it should fare better.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 ... 1863 1864 [1865] 1866 1867 ... 3345