Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1865 1866 [1867] 1868 1869 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689652 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Because Maine Edition
« Reply #27990 on: October 04, 2013, 07:57:15 pm »

Well, then have Xantalos give you the rest of it. Problem solved.

Not like you guys are like, tons of miles apart, or anything.
I have a dorfen drawbridge around here somewhere. It will be an acceptable catapult.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27991 on: October 04, 2013, 07:58:13 pm »

Aim it in the general direction of Tennessee. The laws of plot and comedy should ensure that it lands somewhat nearby.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27992 on: October 04, 2013, 07:59:20 pm »

And if you miss, I'm sure someone or some bird will still receive it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #27993 on: October 04, 2013, 08:26:29 pm »

If you're aiming at Sirius and miss, you might hit me. Depends on how big of a miss, I suppose.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27994 on: October 04, 2013, 09:00:53 pm »

It could hit me. If it does i will take it upon myself to deliver it.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27996 on: October 05, 2013, 01:51:51 pm »

It got hot again here. Normally this only just pisses me off, largely due to the "Why the hell am I sweating the Summer is over and my air conditioner is still broken" factor, but it means the MOSQUITOES ARE FUCKING BACK. COME THE HELL ON. Why do they keep coming in here? HOW do they keep coming in here? I lock the windows. I commit genocide on their fiendish species. I make it my mission to spray flying ones with water and stomp their land-locked bodies.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27997 on: October 05, 2013, 02:20:03 pm »

It got hot again here. Normally this only just pisses me off, largely due to the "Why the hell am I sweating the Summer is over and my air conditioner is still broken" factor, but it means the MOSQUITOES ARE FUCKING BACK. COME THE HELL ON. Why do they keep coming in here? HOW do they keep coming in here? I lock the windows. I commit genocide on their fiendish species. I make it my mission to spray flying ones with water and stomp their land-locked bodies.
Purge the unclean; acquire spiders. Look for still waters and place predator fish in them.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27999 on: October 05, 2013, 02:40:10 pm »

Reading this made me so goddamn angry.

yeah i know these things just literally don't exist

Er. What?

I don't think you're reacting to the same thing I reacted to.
Love, scriver~

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28000 on: October 05, 2013, 03:08:27 pm »

Note: If you are a follower of the Christian Science Church, you are not going to like my post.

So, there's a local book festival at my town, and I decided to go and wander. Speaking to all the independent publishers and other author's sitting at stands is always fun, even if I didn't have any money with me (I went straight from SAT testing this morning). Anyways, I am walking with a couple friends, and this chick asks if we would like to pick out a "Thought of the Day" from her bucket of papers. She then gives us a list of "75 Books by Women that Changed the World".

I look through it, absentmindedly, and then she starts telling us about the book (which all the "thoughts" happened to be from) called "Science and Health with Key to the Scripture". She claimed that this Eddy lady has risen the dead, and done pretty much everything up to that, too. ("Although, I don't think she ever met a leper! But the rest of this stuff on the cover she has done!") Lady proceeds to tell me that if I know somebody who is dying and whom the Doctor's can't help, I need to buy her book so that I can heal whomever.

Now, my family has had some pretty terrible crap happen, become more religious from it, and then had a practical repeat of the same catastrophe happen again. It just makes me angry when people are like this lady, claiming that people die because they don't pray enough, or things like that. I didn't say anything to her, since I was with a couple religious friends of mine whom I didn't want to upset, but I was pretty upset about it. And I mean, I know there are tons of people like that (a whole church, actually), but being confronted with those ideas just made me angry.

FAKEEDIT: Researching this lady, Wikipedia is making me want to cry:

Quote from: Wikipedia
In 1872 Eddy had an argument with her first student Richard Kennedy and he was expelled from Christian Science. Later she came to believe out of revenge that he was using mental powers to destroy her so Eddy ordered her students to "mobilize all their mental energy to combat him".

Eddy believed that former students actually had the power to commit “mental assassination". After a breakup with one of her early protégés, Daniel H. Spofford, she thought he was using mental malpractice to undermine her Christian Science practice and ordered her students to stand outside her bedroom door to mentally ward off any attacks by Spofford. In a celebrated case (1878) that earned her much negative publicity, she took part in a lawsuit against Spofford, claiming that he deliberately practiced malicious mesmerism on one of her unhealed patients, Lucretia Brown. Irreverently dubbed "The Second Salem Witch Trial", the suit was eventually thrown out of court.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28001 on: October 05, 2013, 03:20:42 pm »

It just makes me angry when people are like this lady, claiming that people die because they don't pray enough, or things like that.
Aye, it's pretty terrible.

Even if the guilt tripping isn't intended, it's still bad. The unfortunate implication of all the "faith healing" and miracle stories is that some people are apparently helped by God (or whatever) and some aren't. You can't be omnibenevolent and pick favorites.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28002 on: October 05, 2013, 03:22:41 pm »

I'm always disappointed by people who believe that prayer or spiritual stuff will help solve their material problems.

I mean, there's some medical evidence that prayer/meditation/etc helps mental calmness. But faith healing? And things like that?

Shut up and get your kid to the doctors. You can meditate while they medicate.

Edit: And then there's just the pseudoscience, like "Differently angled water!"

Blood boils when I think of those quacks hurting gullible people like that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28003 on: October 05, 2013, 03:28:47 pm »

For a combination of RAGE and terror, I give you five little words:
Hitler was far too lenient.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28004 on: October 05, 2013, 03:50:51 pm »

It just makes me angry when people are like this lady, claiming that people die because they don't pray enough, or things like that.
Aye, it's pretty terrible.
Practically criminal considering all the people that have died as a result. Christian Science is near the top of the list for me when it comes to worst forms of Christianity.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1865 1866 [1867] 1868 1869 ... 3345