Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1841 1842 [1843] 1844 1845 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3688891 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE: New rules, read them.
« Reply #27630 on: September 20, 2013, 09:20:09 pm »

Gets out little knife. Cut grooves into it.

Also maybe sandpaper? There's got to be quick and easy ways to rough up rubber.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27631 on: September 20, 2013, 09:32:53 pm »

...as long as you can guess its zeros.
And that's the most important part of that sentence.
Here's a neat trick: If all the coefficients of a polynomial (cubic or more) of a test question are integers, you can generally assume that all but either zero or two roots are integers too (unless you are tested on the cubic/quartic formulas, which I highly doubt, since they're fucking huge). In that case, it's good to know that the constant coefficient is the product of all roots, and that the product of the two non-integer roots is also an integer; so the only possible integer roots of your polynomial are the divisors of the constant coefficient. Since the constant coefficient won't have too many divisors and since you can test for small integers such as -2, -1, 0, 1, 2 just by looking at the polynomial, you should have the solution figured out in no time.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27632 on: September 21, 2013, 12:15:00 am »

Ugh, speaking of polynomials, I've already forgotten how to do that excellent, fast, non-guesswork method of factoring trinomials my last teacher taught :(

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27633 on: September 21, 2013, 02:57:14 am »

Was playing Red Orchestra 2 on a community map after a hacker had been on. Final objective of a 40min long game and I lose connection to the host.
Oh, thats not so bad, I wonder if I kept my level up for my engineer class.
Nope, looks live I've been reset back to start, after 100+ hours of online play, after unlocking all the bonus weapons and some of the attachments.

Well, I am certainly happy  >:(

Edit: Looks like I still have all my stats and weapons, but since this is RO, I lost all my XP for playing the round since I left early..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 03:01:27 am by Nightscar982 »
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27634 on: September 21, 2013, 10:17:21 am »

A three-year old killed my Raspberry Pi. It was completely under my bed, in the back corner of the room, but somehow he managed to find the blue shiny light and pull it out, and run around the house with it. I didn't check it until now, because when somebody brought it back to me, it looked alright, but it appears that the SD card reader plastic part is broken off, and even holding down the card against the connectors I couldn't seem to get it to work. D:
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27635 on: September 21, 2013, 10:56:37 am »

Woke up already in a pissy mood. Then I find my asshole stepdad used my coffee mug, the very nice one I bought for my own use last week because he left the coffee mug I normally use for my coffee outside for three days for some reason, for his soup, and didn't even wash it.

I sick of this crap, I'm sick of him leaving every single dish around with bits food in/on it, leaving piles of rotting food in the sink, making it so clogged up that the water doesn't even drain, feeding some of the plasticware I buy to the dogs, all of it. I've bought dishes and silverware on so many occasions, and yet they keep ending up "lost" or whatever, and the ones that still are around never get washed, or when *I* wash them(I always do when I finish using them), they end up in the sink with the rotting food. And the one time I went around washing, drying, and putting away everything, I thought I was doing it as a favor(or more accurately, obligation) to him.

I swear, this man cannot take care of himself on the most basic level. I don't know how the hell he managed to live before my mom came(burning quite a few bridges of her own) into his life. Without her and to a (admittedly, much) lesser extent, me, he'd drown in a pile of his own filth.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #27636 on: September 21, 2013, 12:56:08 pm »

For some reason people appear to be fucking incapable of using their fancy phones to text. i know you have snapchat and all that but is it really that hard to pop off a single text to the people who don't have the money for it? I'm sorry you can't make it today, but at least have the decency to tell me and don't leave me wondering around town and only running into a mate by sheer fluke.

Then that guy invites me ton a party at his house, which I can't make cause my dad has set a completely unnecessary time limit on how long i can be out. After complaining I spend too long inside. Because logic.

Currently, the only person I am not pissed off at is the mate I ran into. One fucking person. Why the hell do I even try to get past all my goddamn social issues when all people do is make me pissed off? I really wish i could go back to the times before i made any 'real' friends and could perfectly happily sit on my computer all weekend.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27637 on: September 21, 2013, 04:22:56 pm »

We're real!

I've never met you before, but still!

Of course, if we have met and I'm just an asshole, whoops. Happens all the time, though.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27638 on: September 21, 2013, 04:52:25 pm »

We're real!

Of course, if we have met and I'm just an asshole, whoops. Happens all the time, though.
How do I know you're not an AI in denial?
Because computers wouldn't work if you put them in a river, DUH!

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27639 on: September 21, 2013, 05:06:02 pm »

We're real!

How do I know you're not an AI in denial?
How do I know you're not an AI in denial that I'm not an AI in denial?
Because I predicted it with my Bat-Calculator.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27640 on: September 21, 2013, 05:36:21 pm »

I think I actually saw a bit of Xantalos' avatar just now. I used to think it was some random airbrushing or something.

It's not... but I'm still not entirely sure what it is...

*whimper*

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27641 on: September 21, 2013, 05:37:21 pm »

Online job searches are useless and just lead you in circles. Not to mention that everyone wants a separate login for every little thing (sometimes multiple logins for the same site), and every last one of them is useless. NOT online searches mean you must physically travel to dozens of places, wasting time and most definitely cash going from point a to point b and back again, ad infinitum.

edit: also, Xantalos, you avatar looks more HD now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27642 on: September 21, 2013, 05:38:06 pm »

You can pretend it's just some fractal nonsense.

Because the more you understand it, the more you realise how little sense everything makes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27643 on: September 21, 2013, 05:39:31 pm »

Well, it is fractal nonsense in a way.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27644 on: September 21, 2013, 05:40:15 pm »

Kind of, true.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1841 1842 [1843] 1844 1845 ... 3345