Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1795 1796 [1797] 1798 1799 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690051 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porcelain Ethics Edition
« Reply #26940 on: August 25, 2013, 12:39:34 pm »

The elevator is not working and I'm living in the seventh floor.
...yay for exercise?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26941 on: August 25, 2013, 12:44:11 pm »

Pretty badly cut my face shaving. It bled profusely for about 20 minutes and still kind of hurts. Plus I have dried blood stains on a few of my fingers now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26942 on: August 25, 2013, 12:58:03 pm »

...yay for exercise?
It's still a hassle time-wise. I'd use stairs more often if I wasn't always in a hurry.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26943 on: August 25, 2013, 01:36:51 pm »

...yay for exercise?
It's still a hassle time-wise. I'd use stairs more often if I wasn't always in a hurry.
... even not going very fast, most of the shorter places (2-3 stories) I've dealt with it's been faster taking the stairs. I've been making a little game of it when the chance comes along with a couple of the places I go by regularly that has elevators. I'll note when someone gets on the elevator as I hit the stairs and see who hits the next floor, first.

I haven't lost in several months, now. And I don't, like, power walk or anything. Lot of elevators are just kinda' slow.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26944 on: August 25, 2013, 01:44:33 pm »

...yay for exercise?
... even not going very fast, most of the shorter places (2-3 stories) I've dealt with it's been faster taking the stairs. I've been making a little game of it when the chance comes along with a couple of the places I go by regularly that has elevators. I'll note when someone gets on the elevator as I hit the stairs and see who hits the next floor, first.

I haven't lost in several months, now. And I don't, like, power walk or anything. Lot of elevators are just kinda' slow.
When you're going 2-5 stories stairs are definitely faster. Unless you're carrying things. So many things being carried.. X_X

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26945 on: August 25, 2013, 01:54:13 pm »

I'm fortunate in that I live on a seventh floor, and seven flights of stairs is actually just about the amount I can run up without slowing down.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26946 on: August 25, 2013, 02:26:05 pm »

Here it's definitely faster to take the elevator than the stairs - at least on my walking pace - but I guess the exercise won't hurt.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26947 on: August 25, 2013, 02:49:59 pm »

Excercise? Ain't nobody got time for that. At least not for slimming down. That takes forever.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26948 on: August 25, 2013, 04:31:33 pm »

Excercise? Ain't nobody got time for that. At least not for slimming down. That takes forever.
Yeah. Stairs are not enough if you plan on losing weight. It's very positive mentally though.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26949 on: August 25, 2013, 07:25:56 pm »

Climbing ~40 flights a day (about average for a uni student who never takes the elevator) probably won't help much with weight loss, no, but if you're just looking to stay toned it's a big help. That and a barbell beside your computer does more than you might guess.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26950 on: August 25, 2013, 11:32:02 pm »

This fucking day. Work was awful this weekend, and it wasn't even the forms recording everything I did that was the problem. Everything just went to shit constantly, and by the end of it this was pretty much my attitude toward the pharmacy computer system, and also certain nurses.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26951 on: August 25, 2013, 11:55:30 pm »

Goddamn traffic. Goddamn construction. Goddamn idiot drivers.

Turning what should have been a five-hour trip into six hours and counting, with two more to go at normal speeds. And its already getting late.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26952 on: August 26, 2013, 08:15:33 am »

Captchas on YouTube...?

The fuck? Are there a group of people at google just thinking of ways to make youtube more annoying for me? On a related note, NO youtube, I do not want to use my real name and I do NOT want a google plus account and no you will not get my mobile phone number. And especially no, PLEASE oh fuck PLEASE do not suggest pewdiepie videos to me ever again youtube.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26953 on: August 26, 2013, 08:16:49 am »

Captchas on YouTube...?

The fuck? Are there a group of people at google just thinking of ways to make youtube more annoying for me? On a related note, NO youtube, I do not want to use my real name and I do NOT want a google plus account and no you will not get my mobile phone number. And especially no, PLEASE oh fuck PLEASE do not suggest pewdiepie videos to me ever again youtube.
The captchas clearly don't work, since there's hacked accounts spamming links all over.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26954 on: August 26, 2013, 08:40:40 am »

Captchas on YouTube...?

Captchas have been around for years on Youtube, unless something has changed they only trigger if you post several comments in a short time frame.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1795 1796 [1797] 1798 1799 ... 3345