Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690320 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porcelain Ethics Edition
« Reply #26910 on: August 23, 2013, 04:52:26 pm »

I would have been ok with it with the membership around $7-8 bucks a month but 15? We are evolving from a WoW era people and its model isn't working anymore.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26911 on: August 23, 2013, 04:54:26 pm »

Speaking of that, has the TORtanic finished sinking yet?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26912 on: August 23, 2013, 04:58:52 pm »

Speaking of that, has the TORtanic finished sinking yet?
Play for free KOTOR3, thats it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26913 on: August 23, 2013, 05:51:43 pm »

Bethesda isn't involved.

They own the IP (or more appropriately, Zenimax does.) They may not be developing it directly, but they have oversight and I'm guessing no little amount of creative control.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:07:22 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #26914 on: August 23, 2013, 07:32:27 pm »

Fffff
We have a school fair thing today. As part of the opening ceremony, me and the rest of the orchestra have play the anthem,  the school theme, and a pair of marches. The part that I hate is they sat us in front of the freaking loudspeakers. A bank of four loudspeakers, taller than a person each out of eight total. Y'know the one teacher whomakes the students settle down and stuff? He has the worst way of speech, kinda making the speakers pop every time he starts speaking. And there's a huge number of performances in between, all using the mike to destroy my hearing. T_T You can feel your head vibrating from the sound!
Sometimes the speakers wail because of improper mike placement, and sometimes static explodes . My violin kinda resonates with the huge volume,which makes me worry that it'll have a bad effect on it.

I think my right ear is kinda deafened now.

I now hate loudspeakers.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26915 on: August 23, 2013, 08:08:43 pm »

Bethesda isn't involved.

They own the IP (or more appropriately, Zenimax does.) They may not be developing it directly, but they have oversight and I'm guessing no little amount of creative control.

Related.

Zenimax Online Studios makes it. Bethesda themselves are too busy with Fallout 4 or whatever they're working on at the moment. Their "Loremasters" have ignored large swaths of lore because the artists would prefer to make generic Rivendell fantasy landscapes instead of glass insect buildings that "catch the light of the sun and break it to its component colors, which lies draped across its stones until you are thankful for nightfall", generic Rohan landscapes instead of "endless jungle".

Instead, they say that "architects can't make buildings out of poetry!" (oh, come on, when they can travel through space with magic, why not?), and that... I don't even need to tell you. You've heard all about the infamous "transcription error".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26916 on: August 23, 2013, 08:12:29 pm »

I'm just sad that we'll probably never get a decent Black Marsh game, the way things have been going. If there had been a vote on what TES:V was going to be, I would have picked Black Marsh over Skyrim in a heartbeat.

I mean, come on, their religion is giant trees that they meld souls with by drinking their sap!
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26918 on: August 23, 2013, 08:26:48 pm »

My mouse pisses me off SO MUCH. Well, not my mouse really, but whatever the fuck is causing it to CRAP OUT EVERY FIVE FUCKING SECONDS.
My god, I'm really tired of hearing the buddunk, boodunk from it going on and off REPEATEDLY.
I was playing League and my mouse crapped out and the enemies took advantage of that by murdering me, then murdering my partner who was trying to save me.
I really fucking wished I knew what was happening, but searching the issue brought me answers that don't work. Apparently it has to do with a windows update?
Also, I'm %100 certain that it's not my mouse itself because I've tried it in numerous computers and it worked perfectly in all of them.
But every-fucking-day hearing BUDDUNK BOODUNK every five seconds gets on my fucking nerves.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26919 on: August 23, 2013, 08:27:49 pm »

restart your computer

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26920 on: August 23, 2013, 10:30:07 pm »

Pissed that my brand-new skinning knife was found, after many months, in my brothers toolbox. Tip broken off, sheath missing, and slathered in automotive grease. He outright denies knowing anything about it, and honestly I have absolutely no reason to believe him. I gave up on believing anything he says years ago.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26921 on: August 23, 2013, 10:53:42 pm »

Minor rage but still. I was going to have a bowl of cereal, but apparently my dad got a glass of milk and now there isn't enough for my cereal. Which is ok i suppose, i can't fault him for having a glass of milk, but goddammit i want cereal.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26922 on: August 23, 2013, 10:59:21 pm »

... y'know, I haven't actually put milk on cereal in like. Probably better than six months. Just... throwing that out there.

Offbrand cereal tends to be cheaper than most snack foods, really, and they're fairly tasty. Eats 'em dry.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26923 on: August 23, 2013, 11:04:01 pm »

Eh, good point i can eat it either way. Although i think we got that gallon of milk yesterday and now we're out so I'm still not incredibly happy about that.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26924 on: August 23, 2013, 11:04:47 pm »

Damn it all, I just cannot get Poker Night 2 to work properly. The big solution I found was to run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2, but no dice. I would really like to be able to play the game that I paid for sometime.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1793 1794 [1795] 1796 1797 ... 3345