Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690308 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porcelain Ethics Edition
« Reply #26925 on: August 24, 2013, 02:30:59 am »

A No Whammies button...

WORST end to a plotline EVER!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26926 on: August 24, 2013, 04:03:50 am »

Not really rage, but annoyance:

ESO going P2P.

Sorry, but my disposable income per month isn't large enough to cover that 15$ sub + 60$ up front fee.
B2P or F2P, these I can manage. P2P just eats me out of the apartment.

Who knows, maybe this uni education will later provide enough disposable income but with the current employment market? That's a hail mary. Until then, this is one game I'll be missing out on. Oh well, at least there'll be EQN.

Worse. They're triple-dipping. You have to buy it, pay a subscription fee AND they have a cash shop.

Not really worth it an ostensibly Elder Scrolls-based MMO (I.E Middle-Earth with ES names slapped on)
Not to mention I really doubt they'll be able to put out enough quality content to justify the price tag.

With a cost of 180 $ per year, I would expect at least 3 Skyrims' worth of content per year. How much is that? Well I've played roughly 625 hours in 1.75 years. So to produce one Skyrim's worth of content means pushing out roughly 357 hours of content per year thus 3 Skyrims' worth of content would be roughly 1071 hours of content per year. Each year has on average 260 weekdays. So that amounts to roughly 4.1 hours of content per weekday. Quality content. New content. Singleplayer content. Fully developed and tested. Every weekday. No exceptions.

Given that Skyrim took 5 years to develop, of which 3 years had full teams, the estimate for Bethesda lies at 0.27-0.45 hours of content per weekday. So at best ZOS would need at least eight times more employers. But project management class has taught me that increasing personnel and/or budget has diminishing returns.

And this doesn't take into account that I've yet to "finish" Skyrim and the DLC, that people don't work every weekday or work at full capacity and efficiency.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26927 on: August 24, 2013, 04:08:46 am »

To be fair, it's a multiplayer game, and those generally have better replayability. Mainly because you'll be doing the same things against other people.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26928 on: August 24, 2013, 08:08:07 am »

restart your computer
That's something I've tried a lot.
Uninstalling my mouse drivers(I think) and restarting made my mouse more resistant to it turning off randomly, but it still happens, occasionally.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26929 on: August 24, 2013, 11:21:35 am »

My mouse just stopped working for some reason. First it wouldn't work at all, except the mouse wheel. Then, movement came back, then the right mouse button. Finally, the left mouse button came back, though not without worry that there might be something wrong with it still.

... y'know, I haven't actually put milk on cereal in like. Probably better than six months. Just... throwing that out there.

Offbrand cereal tends to be cheaper than most snack foods, really, and they're fairly tasty. Eats 'em dry.
I never put milk in. I also eat it by hand, because a metal spoon ruins the taste of cereal for me for some reason. Interestingly about offbrand cereal, I buy the dollar store-brand of Post's Honey Bunches of Oats, and I find that it tastes better than the name-brand kind, and is cheaper to boot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #26930 on: August 24, 2013, 11:41:47 am »

I never put milk in. I also eat it by hand, because a metal spoon ruins the taste of cereal for me for some reason.
Ugh I recently bought some cheap cutlery which makes everything taste metallic.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26931 on: August 24, 2013, 01:39:44 pm »

I never put milk in. I also eat it by hand, because a metal spoon ruins the taste of cereal for me for some reason.
Maybe it's not a stainless as it should be. My guess is that it will start to rust soon, and you should not use it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26932 on: August 24, 2013, 03:41:04 pm »

Damn it all, I just cannot get Poker Night 2 to work properly. The big solution I found was to run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2, but no dice. I would really like to be able to play the game that I paid for sometime.
I feel your pain. Contact steam support. They'll check everything, and if nothing works, they'll give you a refund.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26933 on: August 24, 2013, 04:00:51 pm »

Damn it all, I just cannot get Poker Night 2 to work properly. The big solution I found was to run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 2, but no dice. I would really like to be able to play the game that I paid for sometime.
I feel your pain. Contact steam support. They'll check everything, and if nothing works, they'll give you a refund.
I really doubt that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26934 on: August 24, 2013, 04:16:22 pm »

They did when Civ 4 didn't work for me. Took them a while to respond, tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26935 on: August 24, 2013, 06:45:15 pm »

My computer wouldn't return to displaying on the screen after I had left it in sleep mode for some time, requiring me to have to restart it, forcing me to lose work on a story I was trying to write, that hasn't been updated for over half a month...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26936 on: August 24, 2013, 06:45:54 pm »

My computer wouldn't return to displaying on the screen after I had left it in sleep mode for some time, requiring me to have to restart it, forcing me to lose work on a story I was trying to write, that hasn't been updated for over half a month...

You weren't able to blindly ctrl-s and hope?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26937 on: August 24, 2013, 06:53:26 pm »

You weren't able to blindly ctrl-s and hope?

Nope, because I was writing it on the site I was going to upload it to, and thanks to having to mow the lawn (why I put the computer in sleep mode), I can't recall the damn thing.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #26938 on: August 24, 2013, 07:11:45 pm »

Maybe it's not a stainless as it should be. My guess is that it will start to rust soon, and you should not use it.
Despite liking the taste of metal, at least somewhat, I've already stopped using them.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26939 on: August 25, 2013, 12:37:08 pm »

The elevator is not working and I'm living in the seventh floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 ... 3345