Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1762 1763 [1764] 1765 1766 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693229 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: R.I.P Bambi Edition
« Reply #26445 on: August 08, 2013, 02:24:34 pm »

... I don't suppose they'd be interested in knowing that, y'know, binge studying often isn't very helpful? You need, like. Breaks. And mixing things up, and changing topics, and occasionally just not doing anything related to it while your brain processes stuff. And then coming back after several hours (/a day or three) and going back over it, maybe some spot quizzes off and on over a period. Sitting and just studying for extended periods is... not good study habits. Brains usually don't respond too well to that, from what I recall.

Pretty sure there's a few studies out there that actually pinned down optimal studying periods, in terms of time invested. Our heads can generally only go so long before they start experiencing degraded performance. Maybe hunt 'em up, present 'em. Need to be studying smarter, not necessarily harder.

And that's exactly how I try and study, go over several lessions every day, get them on paper, understand them and memorize them. It's not my fault that I'm fairly quick at this.
And apparently all they care about is the time I invest and spend over a book, because that is the only god damn measure of how much one can learn.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26446 on: August 08, 2013, 02:25:45 pm »

Tell them to get off your back unless and until you fail the course, because that's the only damn measure of whether your studying pays off or not.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #26447 on: August 08, 2013, 05:11:54 pm »

I've always been something of an "if I find it interesting, I'll remember it and look into it further. If I don't, I won't" kind of person. Just got lucky that a lot of what I found interesting was apparently the stuff I was supposed to be learning for the tests. Science, maths etc. As I got older things dropped out, and basically all my progress so far in life has been nothing more than the pursuit of what I found interesting.

It's a wonder I've got this far.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26448 on: August 08, 2013, 06:03:32 pm »

Meh. There's nothing wrong with living a life that is a pursuit of your interests. Took me a long time to become ok with that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #26449 on: August 08, 2013, 06:22:56 pm »

Meh. There's nothing wrong with living a life that is a pursuit of your interests. Took me a long time to become ok with that.
What, you mean life can be something other than the pursuit of interests?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26450 on: August 08, 2013, 06:24:00 pm »

Key qualifier: "Your".
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26451 on: August 08, 2013, 06:25:40 pm »

Of the Bot spam calls I get, 1 number in particular is so consistent I have saved their contact as "Fuckers" specifically to speed ignoring them.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26452 on: August 08, 2013, 06:30:03 pm »

Of the Bot spam calls I get, 1 number in particular is so consistent I have saved their contact as "Fuckers" specifically to speed ignoring them.

are they trying to sell you kitchenware because i swer 2 gog

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26453 on: August 08, 2013, 06:41:39 pm »

What, you mean life can be something other than the pursuit of interests?

It's just not worth feeling guilty over, for not pursuing wealth, success, fame or charity.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26454 on: August 08, 2013, 07:06:34 pm »

Goddamn bible people keep on coming to my house and trying to convert me and they talk so goddamn much. I'm too polite to turn them away and it's cold outside how do they go from house to house fffff-
Dedication.
Sadly, considering you answered and didn't convert, you've probably put on some to do list. Might get more of these visits soon.
This is the second visit, so yeah.
Goddamn it disadvantages of Canadianism.
Jehovah's witnesses are the only ones I'm aware that do that regularly (But they do it a lot). Maybe Mormons too, or particularly religious Evangelicals.
It's pretty standard to have a door immediately shut in your face upon saying something like "Hi We're the Jehovah's Witnesses, may we have a minute of your time", so don't feel bad.
I've heard knocking on the doors of the offending church and evangelizing back has worked.
I wish I lived in Canada...
But yeah, you're likely on a list by now, so you should be expecting more of them, so if you want to mess with them, now's the time. And the reason they do that why it's so cold is because 1, like ebbor said, it's dedication, 2, they do that ALL DAY, so they actually stay pretty warm, and 3, they have too, the missionaries I talked with told me that they have a very rigorous schedule that they follow every week, and some days, it's a nonstop door-to-door day.
Around where I live, it's the Mormons, and yes, you can find youtube videos where they get doors slammed in their face all day long, some of them are pretty funny, where they came up to a house, knocked, and looked around for a minute, then noticed the security camera for the front door, so they waved and left.
It's actually because of missionaries that I became religious, myself, so I can't really hate them for that, but I can tell you one way that you can get them to ignore you.
Become one of them.
At least with the church I went to, the instant I was an official member, (I'm actually a certified priest, because they way they work is that practically everyone is,) they stopped treating me like an individual, and more like a statistic.
I don't go to church anymore because of that, and since then I've found more and more that I disagree with them over, so I'm not really sure where I stand anymore. They've even stopped badgering me about not going to church anymore, so I think they've decided I'm a lost cause at this point, but that's fine by me.

But good luck with that, Xantalos, and you're not the only one that's too polite to stop them
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26455 on: August 08, 2013, 07:07:49 pm »

Oh I just intend to debate the morality of Jehovah with them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26456 on: August 08, 2013, 07:17:54 pm »

Poke them with a stick.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26457 on: August 08, 2013, 07:20:07 pm »

Poke them with a stick.
That could get you arrested, even in Canada.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26458 on: August 08, 2013, 08:39:34 pm »

I lost my damn coin rolls. Without them, this money is mostly useless.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26459 on: August 08, 2013, 11:00:20 pm »

Errr my Bro and Sis are seriously starting to piss me off.

They are doing the thing where they won't watch someone specifically to spite me "Ohh you asked us twice? Well now we are dedicated to never watching anything you like"

Which would be stupid inducing enough, but they are also dedicated to making sure no one ELSE does.
Pages: 1 ... 1762 1763 [1764] 1765 1766 ... 3345