Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 [1423] 1424 1425 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710603 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Though, if you think they're instituting measures designed to allow them to remove people at leisure then... what do you have to lose?  :-\

A few months?  If they really stick to this new policy as strictly as they say, I think I have about 4-5 months.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

They very tightly control their public relations.  They fire any employee who talks on any form of media about the company without permission/coaching.  I don't know how much they monitor this stuff, either.  I fully expect them to have all my passwords.  I'm comfortable complaining about them, so long as their's no naming.
I know how they do it's. It's quite trivial actually.

Crawler bot searching the net for info surrounding compagny. Negative commentary is filtered out. Then they just search the profile, look for the IP, email, username, and 9 times out of ten they got you. Also, crossreferencing with data you spilled and such.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I try to be nice to the students that come to rotate through wherever I'm at the time. I remember how boring CP were if nobody was paying you attention. In fact, I remember it too keenly because I experienced it as a resident during one particularily infamous rotation some five months ago. But hey, if they want to pretend I'm not there and keep me without any workload at a desk, it's their problem. I'll get paid just the same. . So I try to find them small tasks&interesting things to keep them entertained. It's complicated because during the last year I've seldom been in one place for long, so for the most part I've been too busy landing on whichever place I was rotating at the moment to provide many valuable insights.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

They very tightly control their public relations.  They fire any employee who talks on any form of media about the company without permission/coaching.  I don't know how much they monitor this stuff, either.  I fully expect them to have all my passwords.  I'm comfortable complaining about them, so long as their's no naming.

Crawler bot searching the net for info surrounding compagny. Negative commentary is filtered out. Then they just search the profile, look for the IP, email, username, and 9 times out of ten they got you. Also, crossreferencing with data you spilled and such.

I'm not worried about anything like that.  The reason I'd suspect them monitoring me is because I get online a lot at work, and have complained about my job on multiple occasions while there.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

This is precisedly why I recently was very vague about complaints about a certain group which, while not my employer, is powerful on my local area and would be inconvenient for me to piss off (not as in dangerously inconvenient, but as in, "I want to keep a good relation in case I have to draw off those contacts" inconvenient).
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express is failing to startup correctly on Windows 7 64-bit running as administrator >_< I open it and the window... doesn't appear. The process is running, but there's no interactivity or even any indication that it's there except for the process in the task manager.

Opening it in safe mode gives me a generic "has stopped working" error >_< DAMMIT MICROSOFT TELL ME MORE.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:33:51 pm by Putnam »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

*clicks "Leave the HTML5 trial" button*
*grumbles about the lack of logic, common sense, and the need to mess stuff up more that seems so common in Youtube's offices*
I never knew opt-in meant opt-out.
It was annoying because the page implied Youtube gave you a "choice" to take part in the trial before switching you over, and gave you the opportunity to switch in or out of the trial at any time by going to their HTML5 page and clicking the option. The rage was due to the fact it never asked my consent to opt-in to the trial, and therefore I chose to opt-right-out because all the trial does is make accessing Youtube even more of a hassle for me.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

*clicks "Leave the HTML5 trial" button*
*grumbles about the lack of logic, common sense, and the need to mess stuff up more that seems so common in Youtube's offices*
I never knew opt-in meant opt-out.
It was annoying because the page implied Youtube gave you a "choice" to take part in the trial before switching you over, and gave you the opportunity to switch in or out of the trial at any time by going to their HTML5 page and clicking the option. The rage was due to the fact it never asked my consent to opt-in to the trial, and therefore I chose to opt-right-out because all the trial does is make accessing Youtube even more of a hassle for me.
Its a choice in two ways:
1. YOu can always opt-out.
2. People get chosen at random every few months, either to point out its still there or to remind people that there actually is something on youtube that isn't badly designed and forced upon you.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Well yeah, that's the point - it explicitly said it was opt-in but was in fact lying.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

I was reminded of how iliterate my class mates on my old school were, like. Thinking jupiter was a galaxy, that water is an element, not knowing the difference between Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide.
They had a very vague perception of democracy too.

My current class, nobody knows what communism is, everyone thinks that Obama is god and that USA is the best place to be and that it is far better than Denmark.

We were visitting that place wich i started frequenting at. We were tasked with suggesting new activities for the place. One half my peers suggested stupid shit like a brothel or stripping club, or a smoking room(although indoor smoking is illegal in Denmark), the other hald drew penises, swastikas and people having sex. They also spent more time talking about stupid reality TV

My fucking god, that was like being in 8th grade again.

I cant fucking believe that the future of soceity lies in the hands of theese perverted witless imbeciles.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I was reminded of how iliterate my class mates on my old school were, like. Thinking jupiter was a galaxy, that water is an element, not knowing the difference between Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide.
But water is an element, just ask any Greek or wizard! How else would you explain phlegmatic behavior?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Dr Poo is back?  The same Dr Poo that vanished for a while? :D   Dr Pooooooooooooooooooooooooo *hug*

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Dr Poo is back?  The same Dr Poo that vanished for a while? :D   Dr Pooooooooooooooooooooooooo *hug*
Dr Poo 'vanished' for a grand two hours iirc :P

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Well then :P  Have some hugs anyway *huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

RAGE THREAD HAS TO MANY HUGS. THIS MAKES ME ANGRY!!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1421 1422 [1423] 1424 1425 ... 3345