Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710486 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... E Nomine has a rather nice heavy metal-ish rendition of the Lord's Prayer. One up the gospel with heavy metal gospel.

See how many brains it short circuits. I've always kinda' wondered what would happen if some of the old devil's music crowd got bludgeoned with some pious heavy metal.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Meh, I settled on The Civil Wars instead. There's something incredibly satisfying about drowning out Southern gospel music with Southern alt-country/folk. She quieted down.

If she starts back up, I'll have to lock and load the Johnny Cash. And if that fails.....UNLEASH THE BAGPIPES.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

narkamorel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hnn, leftists ramming themselves into my cozy community and shouting how horrible we are for x and y while being unable to get the idea that we're not forcing our beliefs on anyone which is magnitudes worse than what we're doing ourselves then wondering why we're so biased against said leftists

it's a horribly intolerant world we live in, and the ones who supposedly fight to make it more tolerant aren't helping

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

May I ask what the x and y was?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

narkamorel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I ask what the x and y was?
well, i did write x and y since it's a fine way to start a firestorm otherwise but then it is bay12 so i can assume people can remain civilized, at the moment the most flak we're enjoying is because of a recent ban of an user who decided that could just jump in and show off her body (nudity being clearly specified as banned within the premises in the blurb you get when registering, but nobody really reads these) in order to get donations for some kind of project or whatever and apparently, that's a fine example of misogyny and sexism. i'm just waiting until the admin decides to remove that filth, since it's pretty clear no arguments are getting through there.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I was kinda with you up until you said "filth".  :-\

I mean, yeah it's in poor taste to go "hey look guys BEWBS send me money kthxbye" on a forum that isn't specifically designed for that kind of activity. But getting bent out of shape about nudity on the Internet is questionable. Unless we're talking a forum aimed specifically at pre-pubescent children, I don't see the issue so much. The ban is well within the admin's rights if it's against forum rules, but the outrage/disgust is overkill.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

narkamorel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, sorry for that. i'm not exactly in the rage thread because i'm pleased with the situation. :v

it would probably pass without comment if this hadn't continued for a couple days now. hell, at this point i'm more convinced they're a bunch of trolls rather than someone that genuinely believes in what they're saying, so there's that.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

... E Nomine has a rather nice heavy metal-ish rendition of the Lord's Prayer. One up the gospel with heavy metal gospel.

See how many brains it short circuits. I've always kinda' wondered what would happen if some of the old devil's music crowd got bludgeoned with some pious heavy metal.
How did nobody link this yet?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Coworker is singing gospel songs at her desk. Loudly.

Yes, I know it's a Sunday morning. I'm seriously tempted to turn on my laptop speakers and fire up some Tool.

Tool is nice, but i cant listen to their best album anymore since Lateralus was my girlfriends favorite song and i am reminded of her everytime i listen to it.
That one, and sober.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Every time I see someone defend something dickish as satire I want to punch them in the face, then be like "Oh, I didn't really punch you in the face. I was satirizing people who punch other people in the face! Hey, are you bruising? That couldn't have really hurt you, it was just satire. Tell your circulatory system that was satire, because it's obviously too stupid to get the joke."

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

Every time I see someone defend something dickish as satire I want to punch them in the face, then be like "Oh, I didn't really punch you in the face. I was satirizing people who punch other people in the face! Hey, are you bruising? That couldn't have really hurt you, it was just satire. Tell your circulatory system that was satire, because it's obviously too stupid to get the joke."

Hahahaha!!! XD

Reminds me of that time where someone posted about a (theoretical) situation, where on Live TV a holocaust denier is arguing with a sensible person. The sensible person punches the denier live on TV, and then challenges him to give 'evidence' of it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Hahahaha!!! XD

Reminds me of that time where someone posted about a (theoretical) situation, where on Live TV a holocaust denier is arguing with a sensible person. The sensible person punches the denier live on TV, and then challenges him to give 'evidence' of it.

Honestly people just need to understand what satire is and respect it. Cheap jokes are worthless as anything, calling it satire changes nothing. Crossing the line of comedy and sensitivity is also something to consider. When you begin punching people in the face because you can't handle what someone's saying you should just leave. Preferably to never come back. You lose your composure and make everything worse in so many ways to make yourself feel better.
One would also question why a holocaust-denier was televised.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

IIRC the scene I talked about came from a book, but I know that a few of the 'less morally stringent' TV channels would televise someone like that if it got them views.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

iTunes cleared it's library once again.

Whoever made this piece of junk has an urgent need for euthanasia.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

IIRC the scene I talked about came from a book, but I know that a few of the 'less morally stringent' TV channels would televise someone like that if it got them views.

The Book is Dead Air, by Iain Banks. Good book about the life of a Scottish morally grey shock DJ in the "Blair Years" post 9/11.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 1423 1424 [1425] 1426 1427 ... 3345