Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1419 1420 [1421] 1422 1423 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710613 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

*Organise Wrestling Demonstration*

Sure why not teach your NOVICE level wrestling instead of your TALENTED hammerdwarfing?

The mind boggles.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

... did that conversation need to happen? We call people tons of terrible things in the rage thread with no evidence at all.

I don't want to get jumped on the next time I say my roomate's a jerk by people who are like "Well maybe your roommate isn't a jerk? Can you prove, without a doubt, that they're a jerk? Otherwise stop raging."

Not that I think that would happen for just any random thing, cause calling someone sexist/racist/etc is viewed as way worse than actually being sexist/racist/etc. But I still think this isn't the thread we should be dismissing other people's rages in.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

...What is the trope/cliche when someone looks like they're about to say something, but then give up without actually saying anything? Because I don't know how to describe that for a Google search but I could really use some sort of image macro.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Your Internet browser currently does not recognize any of the video formats. Please check our FAQ on HTML5 for more information.

Quote from: From the HTML5 page
This is an opt-in trial of HTML5 video on YouTube. If you are using a supported browser, you can choose to use the HTML5 player instead of the Flash player for most videos.

You are currently in the HTML5 trial.

Gee, Youtube, thanks for letting me know you were doing this before automatically switching my account into the trial.
If you are using a supported browser, you can choose to use the HTML5 player instead of the Flash player for most videos.
you can choose to use the HTML5 player instead of the Flash player for most videos.
you can choose to use the HTML5 player
choose
Oh wait, that's right, you didn't. I had to find out about it myself after some videos were working and some weren't.

*clicks "Leave the HTML5 trial" button*
*grumbles about the lack of logic, common sense, and the need to mess stuff up more that seems so common in Youtube's offices*
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

It is made by Google, therefor expect developer friendly, not safe. If you wanted safe, go sign some Microsoft EULAs.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

*clicks "Leave the HTML5 trial" button*
*grumbles about the lack of logic, common sense, and the need to mess stuff up more that seems so common in Youtube's offices*
I never knew opt-in meant opt-out.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Microsoft?
Safe?
"Don't worry, baby; it's only micro when it's soft."

SORRY I HAD TO DO IT
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Microsoft is quite safe actually. Not necessarily bug free, but they don't let (too much) important security breaches open.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I know I mention my job way too much, but I just did some quick calculations...

Out of the roughly 7000 shipments an average employee here will process in a year (and that's a very modest number), this new QIP program asks that we maintain a 99.98% accuracy rating with respect to nearly half the error categories we're held responsible for, without dropping in productivity.  It should be criminal to place that kind of pressure on someone.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I've had too many bad experiences with windows to have any important stuff on it. :/
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I've had too many bad experiences with windows to have any important stuff on it. :/
But then where do you put your stuff? Mac is too expensive and Linux doesnt have any a ton of games. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

FreeBSD, obviously. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I know I mention my job way too much, but I just did some quick calculations...

Out of the roughly 7000 shipments an average employee here will process in a year (and that's a very modest number), this new QIP program asks that we maintain a 99.98% accuracy rating with respect to nearly half the error categories we're held responsible for, without dropping in productivity.  It should be criminal to place that kind of pressure on someone.
Am... am I not buggering up math due to it being past midnight and you guys get to screw up something like... twice? Total? Over a year's period and several thousand individual shipments?

... I'd say that sounds very likely like they're just trying to set things up so they have an excuse to fire people and hire new ones at reduced pay. I don't think that's physically possible. Nevermind maintaining productivity levels.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Yup.  Two errors.  Over a rolling year period that begins with the first error.  On the third, we get in job-threatening trouble.  On the fourth, we're almost certainly fired. 

You're reading it the way most people are.  This is house-cleaning for them.  We received full confirmation yesterday that the policy goes into effect next week.  Supposedly a couple managers have previously stated their intention to resign over this if it actually happens.  I wonder if they'll stick to those guns.

I recently learned about a local media studio that seems somewhat successful.  I recognize one of their team from an event I participated in a couple months ago.  Going to contact them soon and see if they can take me on.  Not too hopeful about it, though.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:38:08 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

But then where do you put your stuff? Mac is too expensive and Linux doesnt have any a ton of games. :)
I keep all my important files (mail, documents, etc..) under linux.  As for games, the ones I play most frequently are native linux or run well under wine. I do keep a windows installation for the rest, but playing those is less frequent(I had a long bout some weeks ago when a friend of mine gifted me Xcom enemy unknown. Right now I log in from time to time to play Mount and Blade, but I prefer minecraft anyway).
I admit I'm disappointed with the subpar performance of some games under wine, though (in particular: Torchlight 2 runs surprisingly badly under wine, very poor graphics and fps. I dimly recall I had problems with mount and blade too...)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1419 1420 [1421] 1422 1423 ... 3345