Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692782 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Delayed Calamities Edition
« Reply #19875 on: January 15, 2013, 02:21:38 pm »

They just don't like it when you stare into their ssssoooouuuuuullllllllll.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Delayed Calamities Edition
« Reply #19876 on: January 15, 2013, 02:32:44 pm »

Now i do remember that one day i really kept eye contact with a ladyfriend, we ended up with HFS but then her dad barged in and we quickly got back on our spots.
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to here, but I'm just now imagining you engaging in some sort of erotic act with a ladyfriend, when suddenly an endless supply of demons bursts forth from somebody's orifice.

DrPoo, I'd just like to take a second here to say how much I love your euphemisms. Because they really are the best, even if I have trouble understanding them sometimes.

Hehehehe Danke. Do remember to watch out for dinosaurs :P

I was referring to Happy/Hidden Fun Stuff, and i am not going more to depth about it fearing to get muted by Toady.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19877 on: January 15, 2013, 03:10:23 pm »

I have a pretty intense... for lack of a better word, stare. :c

I've tried to tone it down, but it still seems to make people uncomfortable. :C
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #19878 on: January 15, 2013, 03:12:52 pm »

At work, headache is terrible, diarrhea isn't all that good either. Not sure if I can handle driving home.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19879 on: January 15, 2013, 03:23:18 pm »

They just don't like it when you stare into their ssssoooouuuuuullllllllll.
That would explain some of it.
[/HarryDresden]
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19880 on: January 15, 2013, 03:33:20 pm »

I'd avoid thoughts like "girls like this" or "girls don't like this." Do what you think they'd like, ask their opinions if you're unsure, and get to know them. Don't assume things.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19881 on: January 15, 2013, 03:39:38 pm »

But there are some decent defaults to get a handle on (and they generally apply to people in general, not just girls), that many people just don't even think to consider.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19882 on: January 15, 2013, 03:58:09 pm »

Most people generally approve of eye contact when interacting with each other. Not making eye contact implies shyness, deception or dislike. So it's not just women. It's part of Job Interview Tips 101: Make eye contact.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19883 on: January 15, 2013, 04:06:57 pm »

It was a girl that told me.
Anyways. Yeah. Apparently i can suck out souls too.

I once stared at another girl, she lost all empathy later. Either looming insanity or otherwise i somehow sucked up her soul :P
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19884 on: January 15, 2013, 04:09:32 pm »

Today was just one of those days when you get home and say "Ugh...".

Double car breakdown (what are the chances of both our cars crapping out on the same day huh?), transport hell (why in the hell is 15 miles of motorway closed down to one lane for grass cutting in winter?!?), shit in work relating to funding probably leading to someone losing thier job (not me though beyond any reasonable doubt), family crap... you know, all the general first world problems that are very annoying and totally a product of how we choose to live our stupid pointless lives.

This is a blank sig.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19885 on: January 15, 2013, 04:11:48 pm »

I only make eye contact. And when in conversation, making a full head turn to simply reply with eye contact included.

Something about eye contact and attentiveness in conversation drives [that I've been told by, so it's not 100%!] ladies nuts.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19886 on: January 15, 2013, 05:27:06 pm »

That moment when you are making microwaveable burritos, one is fully cooked but the other isn't, so you end up biting into a nasty, horrible frozen bean.
Unf.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19887 on: January 15, 2013, 05:44:58 pm »

Made me gag a bit, but earlier I found an icicle and poked it.

T'wasn't an icicle, It was someone's phlegm. Ewww...
Wat.
I'm not really sure what question I should ask to get you to confirm that for what I think you meant.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19888 on: January 15, 2013, 06:00:20 pm »

Most people generally approve of eye contact when interacting with each other. Not making eye contact implies shyness, deception or dislike. So it's not just women. It's part of Job Interview Tips 101: Make eye contact.
Which is... terribly annoying. Extended eye contact gives me a (splitting) headache. Freaking information overload.

It's unfortunately that eye contact is de facto signaling of attention in this culture, really. It's not like I can not pay attention (I broke that part when I was about twelve -- if I say I didn't hear you, I'm probably disassembling to some degree or had ear phones in, because I can't not listen anymore :-\ Which... yeah. TV. Hate.), but most people seem to be woefully inattentive of their surroundings so... people expect some kind of physical cue instead of just assuming the person with functioning ears can hear them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19889 on: January 15, 2013, 06:04:58 pm »

As Frumple said, if I say 'Huh?' or indicate I didn't hear you, you're either way too goddamned quiet, or I'm disassembling, forcing you to repeat what you said so I can think of a reply.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 ... 3345