Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703526 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Jefmajor.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Jefmajor.
And Grimith. Especially the monopoly thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Maybe it's just my introversion, but I'll never understand this whole culture of self-promotion online. "O HAI I MADE VIDJA OF ME DOING STUF. U WANT TO SEE ME DOING STUF?"

Even when I was Livestreaming movies and planning to add commentary, I wound up doing most of the commentary in text chat instead of microphone.
One, because nobody wants to fucking listen to me talk.
And two, because nobody wants to fucking listen to me talk. Hell, *I* don't even want to listen to me talk.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

You know how I bookmark things? I bookmark them. That's why its called bookmarks. (And I refuse to call them "Favorites").

...sorry, I'm in a combative mood today.
Do readitlater bookmarks count, or am I the only one who remembers to actually remove things from that instead of piling it into a giant mass of bookmarks?

You leave my giant uncategorized pile of bookmarks out of this. That's beside the point.  :-\

Hah, sounds like me. My favorites list has something like 300 items in it, several of which are folders full of hundreds more links to fanfiction, videos, art, etc.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Maybe it's just my introversion, but I'll never understand this whole culture of self-promotion online. "O HAI I MADE VIDJA OF ME DOING STUF. U WANT TO SEE ME DOING STUF?"

Even when I was Livestreaming movies and planning to add commentary, I wound up doing most of the commentary in text chat instead of microphone.
And two, because nobody wants to fucking listen to me talk. Hell, *I* don't even want to listen to me talk.
Hell, some people dont like to read that much text.
But when i see a video and hear a voice of somebody who has not a adult voice yet, i just quit the video, no matter how awesome the person making it is.
Its annoying to listen to, but no offense to the people who make it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I liked Raocaw's non-sequiter-something commentary. Funny :3 Also has a strange accent.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile

It's a slightly masked French-Canadian accent.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Mmhm, and I think I like it. :P Strongly pronounced final consonants and unconventional stresses~

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I'd be able to get through a raocow video without hitting the mute if it wasn't so damn constant. That kind of incessant nattering makes me want to strangle things. Preferably whoever it is that won't shut the hell up for a minute.

Could be the voice of god itself and I'd still react violently if they didn't give it a rest occasionally :-\

Which is kinda' annoying because rc's got at least one LP I'd kinda' like to watch through, bleh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Didn't you get the memo? This century is all about YOU, baby, and all the trivial shit in your life that you can, maybe, turn into $$$. Remember, every single one of us is just an iPhone away from stardom! Live ur dreams!!!!111 (Or something.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:59:11 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Didn't you get the memo? This century is all about YOU, baby, and all the trivial shit in your life that you can, maybe, turn into $$$. Remember, every single one of us is just an iPhone away from stardom! Live ur dreams!!!!111 (Or something.)

Ahh, therein lies the problem. I'm from the *last* century, which was all about "Shut the hell up and get to work". I'm reminded of Loudon Wainwright's "The Last Man on Earth" here.

I should be optimistic
and go buy some bonds and stocks
They'll find a cure for cancer soon
we may get trigger-locks
Existence is no picnic
as statistics all have shown
we learn to live together
and then we die alone

Everybody's got a website
but that's all Greek to me
I don't own a computer
I hate that letter "e"
I don't pack a cell phone
or drive an SUV

Yes, I'm the last man on Earth
that's what the matter is with me

Kid's used to say their prayers at night
before they went to bed
St. John told us that God is love
Nietzsche said He was dead
this thing we call existence
who knows what it all means?
Time and Life and People
are just glossy magazines

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

I prefer Alan Moore's take on it personally:

The thing about fame is that fame in its current sense had not really existed before the 20th century. Back in previous eras even if you were very very well known, that would perhaps be amongst a thousand people at most—if you were pope or somebody. In the 20th century, however, with these massive surges in communication, suddenly a different sort of fame was possible. And I tend to think that what fame has done, it has replaced the sea as the element of choice of adventure for young people. If you were a dashing young man in the 19th century you would probably want to run away to sea, just as in the 20th century you might decide that you want to run away and form a pop band. The difference is that in the 19th century, before running away to sea you would have at least some understanding of what the element was that you were dealing with and you would have perhaps, say, learned to swim. The thing is that there is no manual for how to cope with fame, so you’ll get some otherwise likeable young person who has done one good comic book, one good film, one good record, who is suddenly told that they are a genius—and who believes it—and who runs out sort of laughing and splashing into the billows of celebrity, and whose heroin sodden corpse is washed up a few weeks later in the shallows of the tabloids.
This is a blank sig.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hate that letter "e"

Proof that the poem is already dated. We're on to "i" now :P
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I hate that letter "e"

Proof that the poem is already dated. We're on to "i" now :P
Yeah, at some point we left "electronic" behind and went to "information". Maybe the next big letter will be "k" for knowledge. Or "m" for meaningless bullshit.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I always took the "i" to mean "Me, myself and I." Given how self-obsessed device manufacturers are pushing us to be, I think it's the more accurate descriptor.
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 3345