Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700140 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

That WOULD explain scp-173 tough. (sorry, couldnt resist)

Never understood quantum physics anyway :/

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

uuurgh, quantum behaviour of particles.

seems that they are basically saying that they act differently, so long as nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is observing them. (e.g. so long as nothing observes it, light can go everywhere. from one source. facing one direction.)

Heisenberg, you magnificent bastard.
fixed.

my brain is dying from this information. I mean, what sort of theory revolves around non-observable effects on particles which act in a certain fashion when observed? light goes in straight lines. yes, I can get behind that because I observe it. what I don't get is the fact that if unobserved, light can, literally, spin in a circle for eternity.
Photons know if you're watching them. :D

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

It isn't observance, it's the transference of information. Thus even turning on a light in the room while you do the double slit experiment will change the results, as the photons from the lightbulb interfere with the experiement's.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Yeah, you can't observe a particle without throwing another particle at it (or something similar).  Which of course interferes with its behaviour.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Think of it like feeling around in the dark in a china shop... using a sledgehammer.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I have a job interview tomorrow! I'll get to work for a law firm fixing their computers and keep my current job! ^_^
Apparently, IT is the same thing as commission-based insurance sales. Fuck you, salesman. The disingenuous bullshit that salesmen these days are willing to do to make a buck makes me sick. Not only was I lied to about the position, I was lied to about the company that was offering the job. I really, really wanted to punch that guy in the face, but I held back.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

uuurgh, quantum behaviour of particles.

seems that they are basically saying that they act differently, so long as nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is observing them. (e.g. so long as nothing observes it, light can go everywhere. from one source. facing one direction.)

Heisenberg, you magnificent bastard.
fixed.

my brain is dying from this information. I mean, what sort of theory revolves around non-observable effects on particles which act in a certain fashion when observed? light goes in straight lines. yes, I can get behind that because I observe it. what I don't get is the fact that if unobserved, light can, literally, spin in a circle for eternity.
Photons know if you're watching them. :D
the hills have eyes? no, the photons do!
It's a strange sort of science, but it's bloody awesome science. Imperical evidence? QUANTUM PHYSICS. MATHS. LOVE IT.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I have a job interview tomorrow! I'll get to work for a law firm fixing their computers and keep my current job! ^_^
Apparently, IT is the same thing as commission-based insurance sales. Fuck you, salesman. The disingenuous bullshit that salesmen these days are willing to do to make a buck makes me sick. Not only was I lied to about the position, I was lied to about the company that was offering the job. I really, really wanted to punch that guy in the face, but I held back.

Reminds me of when I responded to an ad in the paper about spa and whirlpool sales, and it turned out to be door-to-door sales for fucking air-purifier units. I made sure when I left the day 1 orientation to state very loudly to everyone in the room that they were a bunch of scammers. The fact they wouldn't even tell us what the unit costs on the first day was the largest of the red flags it was throwing up.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

How did I know that would happen?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I could have used a heads up. >________>;;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I could have used a heads up. >________>;;

The last job offer out of nowhere turned out to be people trying to get me to sell life insurance because I was educated enough to get a degree (any degree, it didn't matter what kind) They didn't mention this until halfway through the interview.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Welp, that's reading comprehension for you. :-\

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At least report them to the police! It is illegal, if they get enough reports they might do something about it. Right?

Not that it helps you any. Sorry dude. :/

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

Let me get this straight. You were lured into a place with the promise of Information Technology work for a law firm, like fixing computers....
Once there they either, a.) tried to sell you insurance or b.) tried to get you to sell insurance?

Bait and switch?

Man, I am sorry, that kinda crap makes me sick.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I'm just curious how the hell they think that's going to work.

"Yes, I'm here for the job. I have an MCP and an A+ and five years experience in onsite support."

"Nevermind any of that. How would you like to sell insurance instead?"

"....oh, what the hell. Where do I sign?"  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 3345