Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699438 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I uninstalled it.....making space for Diablo 3.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Play Torchlight (2) then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If was gonna I would have bought it already.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

rife with annoying microtransactions.

Wait, wait, what?  Diablo 3?  What?!?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really. There's a real money auction house, but it's not the same as micro-transactions...yet.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to give money to Blizzard for Diablo 3, because they are taking two horribly anti-consumer stances with the game.  First, the unnecessarily required internet connection, not even allowing LAN play.  Second, forbidden mods -- as in, the EULA states that developing mods for the game is a violation of the license.

Then I thought... maaayyybe I'll get over it after I play the game.  I dumped tons of time into the first couple, and my wife and I desperately need a good ARPG to play.  Everyone I know is excited about it.  I really want to play it.  I'm sure I'll enjoy the game, even if Blizzard has a bad attitude.

Nope.  I was wrong.  I gave the game a shot, honestly expecting to enjoy it, and ended up uninstalling after half an hour.

And yeah... this is a company that has been running massive online game networks for over 15 years, plus by far the most successful MMO in the world for 8 years.  You would expect them to know how to be better prepared for a large server load.

It makes me sad that Blizzard is still going to make massive amounts of money from all this bad attitude and failure.

At least there are some very good alternatives available.  I'm quite happy with both Path of Exile and Torchlight 2.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:16:49 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Blizzard's got good designers for their games still, but every other part of the company has gone down the hole. Revenue Enhancing Devices infest all their games. I was going to buy sc2, but the region locking killed that. The whole point of me playing their RTS games is to play with my friends around the globe, but I wouldn't be able to play with anyone outside my region.

I still read up on WoW's updates just because I find their design philosophy interesting. Plus it's vindicating to see them implement stuff I had been wanting for ~5 years, and for the very reasons I was advocating to boot.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Aren't they planning a 'Global Play' thing in SC2 soon(ish), though?
Besides that though, everything else has gone the hole because blizz was aquired by the company led by the lord of profit over fun, Kotick.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

Profits over fun? What self-respecting game company would do such a thing?
o,.,O ---> (>,.,>) ---> (O,.,o)>------- *pew pew*
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Self-respect is unprofitable.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I think my grandma is having my midlife crisis for me, twenty years early.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

How?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

She's really nice and caring and all, but she's called me once a day for the last five days bothering me about school and telling me that I'm wasting my potential (in much nicer words than that).

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

But goddamnit, this is exactly what we said we were afraid of 6 years ago when they told us it would be mainlined to their servers. My hope was that if they were going to jam a connection up our collective asses that it would at least work. And considering that people were pre-loaded days, weeks and months ago, and the game has been officially live for 24+ hours now....I expected more than this. Certainly not 3 hours of downtime for a singleplayer game.

Wrote this up and posted it on all my social networking stuff on my lunch break.  Just couldn't resist after hearing all the complaints during the beta, lastnight, and today.   (trolololololol)

A Brief History of Blizzard Entertainment:

1996: The release of the first game in the Diablo franchise, along with the battle.net internet service. Battle.net is the first of its kind and wildly successful, inspiring an industry standard approach and continuing to operate 16 years later.

1998: The release of Starcraft, which becomes the most successful title for professional league competitive multiplay ever.

2004: The release of World of Warcraft, which quickly rises to status as the most popular MMO ever.

2010: World of Warcraft reaches its peak of over 12,000,000 subscriptions. This game holds the Guinness world record for most popular MMORPG.

2012: The release of Diablo 3 error 37.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

uuurgh, quantum behaviour of particles.

seems that they are basically saying that they act differently, so long as nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is observing them. (e.g. so long as nothing observes it, light can go everywhere. from one source. facing one direction.)

Heisenberg, you magnificent bastard.
Pages: 1 ... 750 751 [752] 753 754 ... 3345