Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692639 times)

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I went to a fair today. When I was looking at the sheep I came to a group that had their ears cut off... I was not amused.
My personality profile.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Quote from: Somebody on IRC
quite 2nite

No, that is not spelling.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Playing tropico.

Teamster walks to my gold mine and picks up a load of gold, ok so far...

Teamster proceeds to walk 1/3rd of the way to the archeological site on the exact opposite end of the island from my dock, then turns 90 degrees toward the coastline, and walks along it to get to the dock.
 I have a fucking road between the mine and the dock for a reason you moron.

And what's worse? Nearly every teamster that takes a load from this mine does something similar. How can a development team fuck up pathfinding this badly? Seriously?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile

Playing tropico.

Teamster walks to my gold mine and picks up a load of gold, ok so far...

Teamster proceeds to walk 1/3rd of the way to the archeological site on the exact opposite end of the island from my dock, then turns 90 degrees toward the coastline, and walks along it to get to the dock.
 I have a fucking road between the mine and the dock for a reason you moron.

And what's worse? Nearly every teamster that takes a load from this mine does something similar. How can a development team fuck up pathfinding this badly? Seriously?

Sounds like they've got a pheromone trail to follow...
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I honestly swear I saw him looping around a couple times as well. What pheromone trail does that?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I honestly swear I saw him looping around a couple times as well. What pheromone trail does that?

I'm reading a book on swarm intelligence and stigmergy and actually looping isn't impossible - pheromone following is probabilistic so ants may get "lost" and return to an earlier point of the same trail. This behavior is actually helpful, because it may help ants discover food sources they were unaware of before.

On the other hand, looping multiple times sounds like he's doing the recruitment dance, like bees. It's probably signalling the amount and location of <good stuff> for others so they can exploit it for common good as well.

Holy moley, I didn't know game AIs were getting that advanced.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's obviously a message runner for the rebels. You know how to deal with that, right?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Somebody was horny and drunk? I stumbled out of a bar once and looped around the same city block for two hours, when my destination was 100 yards away. Took that long to sober up enough to think "Hey...what would happen if I cross the street?"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Somebody was horny and drunk? I stumbled out of a bar once and looped around the same city block for two hours, when my destination was 100 yards away. Took that long to sober up enough to think "Hey...what would happen if I cross the street?"
I'm issuing prohibition asap...

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Boss: "Hey K, could you move this bit of documentation from our old site to Google Sites? The old one is a bit clumsy, it has a bad search and everything..."
Me: "Eeyup."

<a few minutes of moving stuff>

Me: "Huh, search doesn't work..."

And a few hours later I realized that of all content publishing platforms, Google's got the one with busted search! >___<

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Go to job interview, show up an hour and a half early because I drove faster than I thought I would. "Ah well, I've planned for this! I'll just get out my laptop..." Discover that some jackass apparently removed the power cord from my backpack so I've got maybe 45 minutes of battery life and the power cord is 3 hours away.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Stacking enough firewood to last the whole cold season(s) together with two people who can build stacks for shit. How hard can it be to realise that the wood will fall if you build it with a lean? I even had to rebuild half a stack just because they built it right next to the (not straight) part of the wall. I almost rage-quit when they started stacking the next heap just as crookedly. And then they act like I'm whining when I tell them. At least it's not my car the whole shit is going to rain down on if it falls over.
Love, scriver~

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

My ADHD/Bi-polar brother without his methylphenidate patches.

Though I really can't blame him, considering that they control his Bi-polar.

Which is not fun when it's uncontrolled.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

GAH! Quit fucking advertising me shit that I'll never use or watch, Youtube!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GAH! Quit fucking advertising me shit that I'll never use or watch, Youtube!

If you prefer, Google could implement extreme data-mining measures to determine which ads better suit your demographic profile. Would you rather have relevant ads or personal privacy?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 3345