Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692188 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Yeah, as I've said before, My CD rack impression is amazing.
*Hugs*

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

You are all so skinny. :(

I would prescribe bacon but I think some of you are vegetarians, so maybe peanut butter instead.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Not vegetarian, but going that way. I can't eat meat on the bone without feeling sick any more, so chicken wings are out of the question.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Been trying for 12+ years to add weight somewhere else than my stomach. It's all failed. All I do is burn fat, I rarely add muscle. My metabolism was such that, in high school during several semesters of weight training, when I lost weight and my BFI was down to about 4%, my teacher told my parents he suspected heavy drug use, because that was the only way I could be cutting weight while working as hard in class as I was.

Like I said, telling people to alter their weight in any direction is a lot harder than it seems. My nerd belly accounts for the fact I'm 160 instead of my traditional 150.

And I'm not a vegan. I still do beef of some sort 2 nights a week, and chicken at least as much. Mostly I'm big on carbohydrates though. I'm a pasta fanatic.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Boss' boss starts complaining about my productivity.  I am literally going as fast as I can, I'm even using functions in the program we use that we aren't supposed to know about to get it done as quickly as possible(The forbidden tool nobody knows about thing is a simple macro system built into the program, very handy for thousands of redundant bills like what I enter into the system.)

I spend 10 seconds entering data into the system for each bill.  My crappy little underpowered computer (256MB of ram.) spends 40 seconds per bill crunching numbers during which I can do NOTHING.  We are supposed to take no longer than 30 seconds per bill.  The problem is not with me, I have shown them such, yet they still insist it's me because I'm the only one who does bills so slowly (I'm also the only one assigned an 8 year old computer)  And yes, it was the case before I started using the macros as well.

I finished roughly 400 bills with the instructions of keep the scanning system set to duplex at all times.  The scanner picks up some numbers at the back of each page, making it register and enter into the system.  But I have no way of removing blank pages after they get scanned, and no way of stopping it from doing so with it set do duplex, so I just continue on.  Late in the day one of the people who handle the bills further down the line comes into the mailroom having a fit with a number of bill copies in her hand.  I am near the office so I can hear everything. She tells my boss that her 'incompetent' employees have been scanning in the bills I handle with blank pages.  My boss comes out of her office, chews me out in front of the complainer for the mistake and tells me to change the scanner settings when I get bills like that and tells me that I should know better.  She earlier in the day was the one who ordered me never to touch those settings.

Also we had mandatory 1 hour overtime + saturday for a week.  It ended and went back down to optional overtime today.  I had worked through lunch getting some overtime that way(before it was made optional again).  My boss stops me at the door on my way out asking me why I'm not staying.  I say it's because it's not mandatory to get a full hour anymore.  She gives me this 'lazyist employee in the world look' and says that if folks don't work the overtime it will just be made mandatory again.  I tell her that I worked through lunch for some(I had permission from human resources to do so) and she tells me not to do that again saying some bullfunk about lunchtime system maintenance.  ( I know that does not happen because I'm friends with the office computer tech)  EDIT:Oh and the reason I got stopped?  I stay until the time we are supposed to leave.  Everyone else leaves five minutes early.  There was only one person actually staying overtime.  I even saw my boss who gave me grief about it leave and drive off right after giving me grief for doing the same.

All this in one day.  Similar things happen almost every day, I just don't have the patience to type it all out usually.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:08:38 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Fuck off, Apple. I DON'T want to install Itunes, stop trying to force it on me.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Are you trying to use an I-Product?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

No, I installed Quicktime and now I keep on getting some "Install Itunes" crap pop up.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Same here, AoD.

Thing is, I do have an iPod. I don't want to sync it, however, because that would wipe some of the stuff on it and organizing audiobooks to play in the correct order is a pain.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

No, I installed Quicktime and now I keep on getting some "Install Itunes" crap pop up.
Apple Software Update or something?

Ipod syncing weirdness (and needing Itunes in general) is why I never got one, i just got a random mp3 player instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile

Yeah I believe you have to tell Quicktime you dont want to update it automatically ever or else you get those messages
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I spent a lot of my money on pants for the school year. My mom has decided they need "tailoring" and has ruined them. There are cuts up the side of the leg, a foot long hem, and the bottoms are frayed somehow.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

She should buy you a new pair. At the least.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

When exactly did my sorta normal family go completely nuts?  My brother confessed to stealing $6 out of my change jar to buy coffee.  And admitted he buys five coffees a day when he does have money.  He also decided to wash his clothes in the shower again, including the towels in the bathroom.  And then put them in the washer anyway.  And my mother... >_< she comes home, demands everyone stop what they're doing to bring in a few groceries (I was eating dinner), asks if I left any dinner for her (didn't know she was going to want some), asks if lots of people called (no idea, the phone didn't ring while I was home), and then goes "oo do you want to know why no one is watering the plants at work?" (we work at the same place.)  I say several times that I JUST DON'T CARE.  Lowe's Hardware is horrible at watering plants.  It's an obscenely easy task, but they can't seem to hire anyone who will actually do it right.  Then mom tells me to stop giving her attitude.  I'm not giving her attitude, I just DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT.  The incompetent managers are continuing to be incompetent!  What a surprise!  Then mom says "you have until [such and such time] then you are doing things for me."  I want to tell her to just do it herself.  Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure she can manage.

Why why why did I get a degree in English, why did I think I'd be able to find work when I don't know how to do anything ._.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

Quote from: people
Apple Quicktime

Nuke that shit off your hard drive, everyone who's installed it, and grab Quicktime Alternative~
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 3345