Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703496 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2970 on: April 20, 2011, 12:41:53 pm »

Yes. By attempting to explain my opinion and providing statistics to back it up, I am covering my ear and shouting "No, no, no, no, no!".
I completely agree that Swedes are untrustworthy, though. Sometimes they sneak onto your plate while you're eating and tries to pass their dirty, smelly bulbs off as real food.

I like you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: April 20, 2011, 12:42:31 pm »

Yes. By attempting to explain my opinion and providing statistics to back it up, I am covering my ear and shouting "No, no, no, no, no!".
I completely agree that Swedes are untrustworthy, though. Sometimes they sneak onto your plate while you're eating and tries to pass their dirty, smelly bulbs off as real food.
That sir, is witty and informative. Good job!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: April 20, 2011, 12:46:02 pm »

First off, I have learned to never trust a Swede, second, I am going to withdraw from this argument because you're just holding your hands over your ears and shouting "No, no, no, no, no,!".

If you're trying to learn how to get along with people, stop attacking their nationalities when they say things you don't like hearing.

Like the truth.

"Where's your evidence?"
"Here."
"Well... you're Swedish!  I can't trust you!  And I'm right whether or not the evidence says I am.  You're just in denial."

That was a joke.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: April 20, 2011, 12:47:22 pm »

Usually, on the internet, one puts a smiley face after.

To show that it's a joke, rather than just the usual ass-covering that so many people engage in.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2974 on: April 20, 2011, 12:48:37 pm »

Fuck you Persia, fuck you Candar, fuck you Algeria, fuck you Russia and especially fuck you Mamluks. >_> Bunch of vulturing bastards. EU3 makes me rage sometimes.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: April 20, 2011, 12:48:57 pm »

Usually, on the internet, one puts a smiley face after.

To show that it's a joke, rather than just the usual ass-covering that so many people engage in.

I've run into this problem before, I've sworn to myself not to use emoticons.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 12:51:20 pm by Urist is dead tome »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: April 20, 2011, 12:49:33 pm »

I've run into this problem before, I sworn to myself not to use emoticons.

. . . Okay.  You enjoy your diminished range of communication, then.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: April 20, 2011, 01:01:40 pm »

Had to change password somewhere yesterday and it would not let me change it to something like ';kH.H+3O', complaining that it was not secure enough. it was totally fine with 'm1234567'.....

and to top it off, its still using the old password...
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: April 20, 2011, 01:35:50 pm »

Fuck you Persia, fuck you Candar, fuck you Algeria, fuck you Russia and especially fuck you Mamluks. >_> Bunch of vulturing bastards. EU3 makes me rage sometimes.

Yeah the newer versions of EU3 have an 'improved' ai in general, particularly when it comes to declaring war. I speculate that somewhere there is a script like this:
Code: [Select]
PLAYER_AT_WAR : TRUE
HAVE_BORDER : TRUE
DECLARE_WAR

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2979 on: April 20, 2011, 01:41:17 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised. In all honesty, Russia was the only vulture there, the rest being an alliance, but still. I swear it was all set up decades in advance.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: April 20, 2011, 01:45:42 pm »

I'm guessing someone was the Ottoman Empire?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2981 on: April 20, 2011, 01:49:09 pm »

Georgia, actually. I'd just finished up splitting the GH in two, helped by Novgorod, we were splitting up the remains when the Mamluks declare war. They were on the SW, Persia on the SE, so I'm getting reamed. Then Novgorod become Russia and go "reconquest trolololol". I ragequit.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: April 20, 2011, 02:00:41 pm »

The middle east region is quite a bad area for blobs at the start. This makes Byzantium annoying when you have a border with mostly Muslim nations, and a border with the Golden Horde and Mamelukes. On and off constant war, I was only saved by a 6/5/6/0 general >.>

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2983 on: April 20, 2011, 02:02:11 pm »

I had an amazing general, but when Persia's bringing in 2 or 3 stacks the size of my forcelimits and the Mamluks are doing the same with 5 or so and god only knows how many men Russia had, I didn't stand a chance.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: April 20, 2011, 02:07:15 pm »

Georgia, actually. I'd just finished up splitting the GH in two, helped by Novgorod, we were splitting up the remains when the Mamluks declare war. They were on the SW, Persia on the SE, so I'm getting reamed. Then Novgorod become Russia and go "reconquest trolololol". I ragequit.

Sounds like Novgorod played you like a fiddle. Crafty merchant swine.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 3345