Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703494 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2985 on: April 20, 2011, 05:12:46 pm »

Another day of religion being forcibly drilled into my head. This time, it was the usual insinuation that if you don't join them you're condemned to eternal torment in a firey pit, regardless of how good of person you are. This was followed by a stupidly performed rap that implies sex is evil in any and every way, except if you're married, regardless of your feelings towards each other. If you don't have slightest bit of feeling towards them, but are married(it happens), it's okay, but you and your partner could be the most in-love couple in the world and still be some kind of abombination. It sickens me. They try to force their interperetation of rules without trying to find the meaning behind them, but trying to get us to find the meaning for ourselves(as long it's their meaning, anyway). It also irritates me how they fit a passage or a couple of Bible verses to their explaination of teh rules, when the rest of the chapter, or even the next verse changes the entire context of what they're trying to talk about.
Blah, maybe I'm just tired and ranting.

I think one of my coworkers(who I think has started just this week) quit when the warehouse manager started being an asshole to him(he does that from time to time, even to volunteers at the outreaches), and I heard that one of my other coworkers was fired some time ago for sticking up for himself against the same thing. What really burns me about that, though, was they didn't fire him directly, but went through the Deptartment of Labor and had him removed. If they ever did that to me, I'd probably find a lawyer and sue their asses for the forced religion thing.

And finally, coconut juice. That stuff is goddamn nasty. Why did I try to drink this stuff?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: April 20, 2011, 05:22:18 pm »

Wait. You're having religion crammed down your throat where you work?

Damn. That must suck majorly.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: April 20, 2011, 05:23:21 pm »

Yeah, it's been a source of rage for him for quite a while.

My sympathies by the way, the place sounds like hell (irony?)
*Hugs*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: April 20, 2011, 05:33:18 pm »

To be fair, there are far worse places to work. And I do respect helping the needy(actually we give food to anyone who shows up at one of the outreaches). What I don't appreciate is the constant reminders that it's not about helping the needy at all, it's giving people Jesus, not food(said in a way, to me, sounds like they wouldn't give a rat's ass about the food as long as it's a chance to preach). And I would think some people might not appreciate the religious pressure(not out loud, though, since they're getting free food), either. Oddly, I've seen more people having a problem with us handing out food than the religion ???. I think it's mainly because of the crowds that gather, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2989 on: April 20, 2011, 05:37:27 pm »

At least they're doing good and helping people, I guess. It's kinda disappointing that they seem to have ulterior motives but from their perspective eternal salvation is more important than hunger. I just hope they aren't so heavy on it that they're alienating people in need of their service.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: April 20, 2011, 05:42:04 pm »

Today I had 6 tests and shitloads of Spring Break homework, for seriously no reason besides to keep us from sinning over break. I'll respect your beliefs as long as you aren't an ignorant/belligerent ass about them, which is why I dislike my school so much. I had to do all of this very sleepy and cranky because I had to serve a detention for not having materials for class, namely my Spanish workbook which we have seriously used five times this year. My Spanish teacher further ruined my day by bringing up the detention during class, as a reason why my project group should have to a) Present a week earlier cutting our total time in half and b) Have to help other groups during class, cutting our class time in half. Hardly mattered because my group isn't doing anything anyways, and I'm carrying them through this class. So, when the theater teacher offered us a work hall during study hall, I leaped at that shit, and spent a blissful thirty minutes breaking chairs with a hammer. The rest of the class was not bliss because some dumb ass decided to do the power drill part of the job despite having never touched one and having ignored the directions and advice given by the teacher and myself. He missed the screw, and the chair, and everything else, before planting the drill in my leg and fully depressing the trigger. Our school has apparently never needed a school nurse or medical supplies before, ever, so I would have been fucked had I not self treated. Very ragey day.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: April 20, 2011, 05:48:53 pm »

I.. That's... What? He drilled you in the leg? How did he not see your leg?
Love, scriver~

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: April 20, 2011, 05:52:39 pm »

What with the bleeding, swatting at him with a hammer, and furious cuss words, I didn't think to ask. I'm assuming he is terminally retarded.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: April 21, 2011, 12:50:30 am »

WoW account got hacked and raided :/  Started the process to get everything back, but it still makes me mad that some dude touched my stuff and ran off with my virtual money.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: April 21, 2011, 12:52:08 am »

Statistics show that Akura represents 42.8% of the rrrraaaaeeeegggg in this thread.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: April 21, 2011, 12:55:58 am »

WoW account got hacked and raided :/  Started the process to get everything back, but it still makes me mad that some dude touched my stuff and ran off with my virtual money.

Ouch. Man, that's gotta suck.
And I'm guessing you had some pretty nifty stuff on your account, too. Raid gear, event items etc.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: April 21, 2011, 02:01:56 am »

My rage of the day:
The automatic Stickykey shortcuts in Windows, along with any other "oh hey press this button X times and get an annoying prompt that shuts down whatever the hell you were doing unless it was forum browsing!" shortcut. I try to get my rage out by playing some Call of Duty, and what do I get when I boredom-tap the shift key while waiting for the next match to load? "TROLOLOL TURN ON STICKYKEYS? Oh, and your game is now frozen. Sucks to be you!"

Not as rage-worthy as some of the other stuff, but still. Frickin' Windows.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: April 21, 2011, 02:08:30 am »

I could record a video of me pressing shift so many times it's not even funny.
But guess what happens?
Nothing.
Ohyes.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: April 21, 2011, 02:20:51 am »

My rage of the day:
The automatic Stickykey shortcuts in Windows, along with any other "oh hey press this button X times and get an annoying prompt that shuts down whatever the hell you were doing unless it was forum browsing!" shortcut. I try to get my rage out by playing some Call of Duty, and what do I get when I boredom-tap the shift key while waiting for the next match to load? "TROLOLOL TURN ON STICKYKEYS? Oh, and your game is now frozen. Sucks to be you!"

Not as rage-worthy as some of the other stuff, but still. Frickin' Windows.
just turn them off, it's not they have any practical application
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: April 21, 2011, 02:24:26 am »

Wow, these folks in my rhetoric class seem to really have zero reading comprehension ability.  It's making me half-ragey, half-sad.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 3345