Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705591 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #645 on: January 14, 2011, 05:24:16 am »

Playful biting is playful. My cat bites me in my feet and toes each morning until I get out of bed.
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 14, 2011, 05:26:53 am »

My stupid college putting off my EMA bonus for two weeks.
I REALLY needed that money.
*Hugs*

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 14, 2011, 08:37:58 am »

Was gonna go skiing today. Previously-operated-on knee just swelled up hugely an hour ago. Might end up being serious, will find out in a few days, but have to keep weight off it as much as possible, keep it elevated, blah blah blah.

did you get your cortisone and tetanus shots?

No and yes, in that order, although the tetanus shot was something like last year. Swelling went down a few hours later, so I suspect it was just the universe's way of saying, "Fuck you, remember you're nothing" or something. Gonna have to get revenge for that at some point, if anybody has any ideas of how to hurt the universe.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 14, 2011, 09:05:19 am »

if anybody has any ideas of how to hurt the universe.

Conduct a public reading of Twilight.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 14, 2011, 09:07:11 am »

No, that just goes too far. And requires me to obtain a copy of Twilight somehow, and I'll be damned if I'm paying for it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 14, 2011, 09:09:15 am »

No, that just goes too far. And requires me to obtain a copy of Twilight somehow, and I'll be damned if I'm paying for it.
steal a copy from your little sister's room and use it to conduct underground cults and virgin sacrifices to edward. the number of readers should go down!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 14, 2011, 09:54:50 am »

Smoke pipe for our wood stove broke, filling the house with smoke and rendering the stove unusable. Stepdad bitching about how mom was too drunk to notice it. Freezing my ass off even more during the night. Didn't fall asleep until past 1AM because of the cold. At 2:40 my phone decides to inform me that it has a low battery, so I have to get up and plug it in, and I had just gotten a good pocket of warm air under my blankets. I'm tired as hell right now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 14, 2011, 01:02:25 pm »

Burnt my right hand on the coffee pot this-morning. Wounded by the thing I love :<.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 14, 2011, 01:20:23 pm »

Burnt my right hand on the coffee pot this-morning. Wounded by the thing I love :<.

As I put the coffee pot back the ground hopper spilled open and water that was nearly boiling poured on my hand. One of the only time I unintentionally shouted in pain.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: January 14, 2011, 01:24:45 pm »

As I put the coffee pot back the ground hopper spilled open and water that was nearly boiling poured on my hand. One of the only time I unintentionally shouted in pain.
It's a nasty feeling, that tingling that you get after being burnt. I'm also very right-handed.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 14, 2011, 01:29:54 pm »

It's a nasty feeling, that tingling that you get after being burnt. I'm also very right-handed.

It's just awful. Not only did cold water make it worse somehow, but I have to load a wood stove quite often and it just made it worse.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: January 14, 2011, 03:33:41 pm »

IMAGE SHACK NOT UPLOADING MY NEW AVATAR MAKES ME RAGGGGGGE

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 14, 2011, 03:36:25 pm »

IMAGE SHACK NOT UPLOADING MY NEW AVATAR MAKES ME RAGGGGGGE
what about img.ie?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 14, 2011, 03:40:44 pm »

You know what makes me rage? This.

It's a bad book people. That's it. It's not some kind of intellectual cancer. There's been famous bad popular books before and there will be over and over. The people making such a huge deal out of it are at least twice as annoying as the fans. Because lets face it. At least the fans are acting positively.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 14, 2011, 03:47:24 pm »

bad is not descriptive enough.
horrible crap is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 3345