Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165338 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1950 on: April 21, 2011, 05:12:27 am »

Beasting people as Malzahurr is great fun. Just being level 6 lets you harass like mad because if they stop long enough for you to hold shift, mouseover them, and roll your face across QWER they die instantly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 21, 2011, 05:35:15 am »

Beasting people as Malzahurr is great fun. Just being level 6 lets you harass like mad because if they stop long enough for you to hold shift, mouseover them, and roll your face across QWER they die instantly.

I hate malz's ulti >:(    Even with 100 MR he nukes me from full to nothing with his combo.

Also what do you mean holding down Shift? What does that do?

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: April 21, 2011, 06:05:35 am »

Holding shift when you press the spell buttons 'smart-casts' the spell. Basically, Target spells will hit the nearest target near your mouse cursor, skill shots will be fired directly at your cursor ect.
Yeah, might as well introduce myself then. I love Lux, Nidalee, most other aggressive support champions. I am trying out vlad at the moment though but I always end up playing the free tank that week since no-one else ever picks tank :(

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: April 21, 2011, 06:46:29 am »

So I was intrigued by this LOLReplay thing. I got it, signed up on this League of Replays site, and uploaded this. I titled it "A less than stellar job" because it is. It's also an hour long, but we win in the end despite a bad start. If any of you can be bothered to watch it and criticise I'd be much obliged, but for now I'm just going to bed.
I decided to check it out to see if I actually know stuff about the game now.

I'll just list things that stood out to me. I don't know what level you are, so this might sound a bit harsh, but I learned the game very well by umiman screaming at me on Skype for things I did wrong, so I think specific critique is good.

First off, any particular reason to get Ruby Crystal first? Sure, you can throw more cleavers, but you can do that with a Regrowth Pendant too and that one makes it less likely you have to hug the tower (losing exp and last hits) for 2 minutes and then die to a surprise attack.

Also, as Mundo against a caster like Brand, you are worse off staying in range than they are. So go through creeps, cleaver them and punch them a couple of times every once in a while, so they are forced back instead of you.

And one more from the early early game: If you are at 100 health without health potions as any champion, just go back. You lose less by healing up in base and running back than staying behind the tower and letting the opponents farm freely.

At 10 minutes, you had over 800 gold at base yet you bought nothing. Definitely should've got at least boots by then. Health potions are also really important on Mundo pre-level 6. They seem like a waste of money, but that's just 2 last hits worth, which is exactly how much you'll miss at minimum if you have to hide behind a tower with 100 health.

At 21 minutes, your teammates are attacking the tower, but you are not, despite you having minions there. Mundo does nice damage to towers with Masochism and if someone has to be risked to be caught from your team, it's Mundo with all his health.

At 27 minutes, they deal 2000 magic damage to you in 4 seconds. You do buy a Null-Magic Mantle, but a Negatron cloak building into Force of Nature would've likely made you survive future fights a lot longer, as Brand is always the one killing you.

At 35 minutes, your team had way enough damage already (Amumu with two Deathcaps(?!)), and just a problem staying alive, instead of a Stark's, going for more tankiness would've been good, especially with you getting destroyed in fights so fast. That would've bought your team more time to kill them all.

At 48 minutes, you are at full health in their base. Your teammates are getting harassed, but you are staying back? Actually your whole team should've backed away, but you as the tank should always be in the way of Morgana killing your Ryze.

At 51 minutes, you are getting chased, when that happens throw cleavers in your pursuers' face as much as possible.

At 54 minutes, you stay at their tower alone for way too long and Ashe comes to deal 3401 physical damage to you in 7 seconds. You approppriately buy a Thornmail, but you should've got some armor way earlier.

All in all, your build was good, but in sub-optimal order for your well-being. I like Spirit Visage early and have never been a fan of Warmog's. That's an issue of preference, but rushing Warmog's over boots is probably never a good idea. You played well in the late game though you weren't really positioned for tanking (which is understandable, as you were so underfarmed compared to the others). And you with your team stayed positive the whole game, which is the best thing and made you able to win.

I am by no means a Mundo or LoL expert so if anyone feels I said something blatantly stupid, please correct me.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 06:51:50 am by LASD »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: April 21, 2011, 06:49:00 am »

Not all tanks can handle middle but any tank with one or more good harass spells can usually make another solo laner's life hell. Depends though. Sometimes you'll fight someone like Irelia in middle. Theeeeennnn.... no amount of tankiness will save you.

Also, most of those guys rely on constant harass to eventually kill their target. If they get faced with someone who can heal more than they can harass (say, Nidalee), they can't do much.

It's very much rock paper scissors. Also, a very uber pro ranged character who is so skilled he can dodge every single harass will kite the enemy all day.

Had a great solo duel against Caitlyn with Mundo earlier.  We were dead even for the longest time.  We had a jungling Amumu who tried to gank her a couple times and she would flash then net away.  She had good early damage that kept me pinned against my tower in the beginning, especially since she was really good at avoiding cleavers and they also had a jungling amumu that made me not want to push. 

There was a fantastic stand-off at one point where Amumu and I camped out top tower for a minute or two with no health daring the enemy Cait and Amumu to tower dive us.  I literally had less than 2 bars for the longest time while dodging peacemakers, holding off minion waves with cleavers, and hovering my finger on the fortify key.  Towards the end of it, Caitlyn tried to snipe Amumu and I took the shot, surviving with like 30 health.

As soon as I got one kill and then went back to finish Warmog's, it was over.  I started getting in everyone's face, breaking up team formations, tower diving, and sustaining long pushes.  Also love it when enemy Blitzcrank initiates a team fight for us by pulling me into them.  Cue entire enemy team scattering to escape the regenerating aura of fire.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, most of my Mundo games have been like this lately.  Still looking for one that shows off how useful he is in a tank role late game.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #1955 on: April 21, 2011, 12:50:20 pm »

I've been playing this for a couple of weeks and i've been playing Lux a lot.

I've made my own item build for her, but at the end of the game i'm just stacking ap, and i feel that i'd contribute better to the team with some support items, any suggestions?
They should preferrably add something that is useful to Lux too.

As Lux, just about the best way you have to support your team is to stack AP and melt people.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: April 21, 2011, 12:57:03 pm »

I was bored so i bought Jarvan, he's fun, very, i can't wait for his commando skin to go on sale, then i can knock up people and exploit their weaknessess while wearing a snazzy goatee :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 21, 2011, 03:15:52 pm »

I'm a pretty crappy Udyr player. Whenever I play him I feel like I'm doing him a disservice. I mean, I do okay, but I get the feeling I didn't play to the best of what Udyr can do. Mostly because I panic in teamfights and just randomly moosh QWER instead of being tactical and whatnot.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 21, 2011, 03:47:54 pm »

I tend to do that with most champions i play when things get chaotic, and i guess thats what most people do, it takes a great deal of focus to keep your cool when shit starts to go haywire.Heck i'm proud that i'm able only to mash Q in such situations when playing Urgot and Nasus and not every other wrong button ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: April 21, 2011, 03:50:03 pm »

Udyr's surprisingly hard to play effectively despite being a rather simple champ. Are you going straight up tank or using DPSey tiger udyr? Because I've met a few DPSey Udyrs and crushed them pretty bad with malphite during fights. Its not a bad build, but you can't do the crazy stuff tank udyr can with it. Tank Udyr is alot more straightforward, you just rush in, stun a carry or a fleeing enemy with bear stance, switch to either tiger or phoenix, and use turtle if you need a shield, or to recover HP/mana on minions.

Like Olaf, he's deceptively hard to get right, but once you do he's a beast. I'm going to try this tanky DPS olaf build I saw, because DPS olaf just doesn't quite cut it.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 21, 2011, 03:59:47 pm »

I think the biggest mistake is sticking around during a fight when so disoriented, unless you know that you can survive whatever the enemy team can throw at you.

Most basic teaching of Sun Tzu's Art of War IIRC is (paraphrasing by loose memory here) that only a fool joins a battle before it is won.  If you're forced to fight when victory is uncertain, then the enemy is in control and has most likely already won.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: April 21, 2011, 05:34:54 pm »

I find the best Udyr's join teamfights 2nd or 3rd, to stop any good dps from killing squishies, and they switch stances alot, it's really hard to lane against someone who goes from tank, to dps, to stunner/support and then pops a shield and gets the hell back out before he can take serious dmg.
Nom nom nom

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 21, 2011, 05:44:04 pm »

I find the best Udyr's join teamfights 2nd or 3rd, to stop any good dps from killing squishies, and they switch stances alot, it's really hard to lane against someone who goes from tank, to dps, to stunner/support and then pops a shield and gets the hell back out before he can take serious dmg.

The good Udyrs I've seen (including the best player I know) don't let full team fights happen in the first place.  Every 20 seconds or so, they randomly appear from the jungle next to a suitable target and hunt them down like a terminator.  Super burst of speed attack attack attack attack you can't damage me attack attack until the target is dead... then they disappear again.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 21, 2011, 06:40:01 pm »

Pro ashe player I am. Miss all my arrows 'cept ones that get me a GP kill in a 4v1 :D

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 21, 2011, 07:25:38 pm »

Today is Umiman-should-not-play-LoL-or-suffer-horrible-defeats-in-a-row-day.

Also, this game is horrible to play with low level friends with. Unless you make a smurf account, there's no way to play with them. Then they feed like crazy and it's just horrible all around. Unfortunately, sometimes I don't want to play on my smurf account because I want to get some ip on my main account.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 165