Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165297 times)

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1980 on: April 22, 2011, 01:08:28 am »

when i played miss fortune i felt useless, ie weak ult etc.
then I saw a 700 dmg per hit miss fortune build used against, me and quickly found that it was just me being a terrible player.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: April 22, 2011, 02:42:33 am »

With Ryze, ideally you'd open with Q and have Q be every second ability due to the cooldown.

Although with how most games turn out you often times end up opening with W just so the bastards stand still.

You probably want to hit off R before E though, as the effect stacks (At least it used to, they may have changed it a while ago, I haven't played much.)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1982 on: April 22, 2011, 04:53:21 am »

I should have learned to just jump queue whenever I see an evelynn on my team. Two eves in a row, two losses in a row, both left too.

Die 4 times in lane, leave.
/90% of Evelynn players.

I tend to be the fucktard Evelynn, if enemy wants to push - instant stun. Also pick smite, allows jungling if laning is too boring and if enemy has a jungler ruin his day.
LanEvelynn works well with Shen or Rammus: They taunt the enemy, you stun. Or you stun, they taunt after the stun.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: April 22, 2011, 05:07:28 am »

Since the eve changes i found it hard to do anything in the early game, which means the mid game is hard as well, but if you pull through, she can be extremely dangerous late game. The biggest challenge with her is farming undisturbed, the sooner you can do that the sooner you can put pressure on the enemy. But it means that in the wrong hands she will remain useless (or less useful than other champions anyway).

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1984 on: April 22, 2011, 06:18:03 am »

My biggest gripe with Eve is that once the enemy Malphite buys Oracle's elixir, no way Eve can do  anything if he is near.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: April 22, 2011, 10:52:33 am »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: April 22, 2011, 11:43:38 am »

O god today is just one of those days.

join game, timer at picking at 1.28, 4champs already locked in: yi, trynd, eve and warwick (obviously), all 4 shouting at each other and me to pick tank.

~_~

I've just crawled my way to 6300 IP, what dude to buy? Vlad, Karthus, Nocturne or Blitzcrank?
I was looking to get blitz, but just now I'm thinking i'd rather pubstomp than try to be productive 1vs9 all the time  :-X
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:46:14 am by Lord Snow »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: April 22, 2011, 11:50:52 am »

Flash is very controversial. Some of you love it, some of you just use it because you have to, and some of you hate it. My feeling is that it gives everyone a 'get out of fail' card that reduces skill differentiation in the game, and makes good play rewarded less, and bad play punished less. To some extent, this is beneficial because you get less ROFLstomped, but overall, I think it mostly hurts the game. We've done a bunch of playtests internally without flash, and fights feel a lot more dynamic, and your bloodlust gets sated a lot more. The only downsides are that some characters have difficulty with chain snaring in team fights, especially melee characters that lack strong mobility.

However, all that being said, I know a lot of players are attached to it, so I'm posting here to collect opinions.

If we removed Flash, here's what we were thinking of doing:

1) Replace it with an item like DotA blink dagger, except with LoL flash functionality. Would be ~ 90 second cooldown, pretty expensive, not with many or any stats, etc.

2) Add a new summoner spell, "Summoner Dash" which for 3 seconds makes you immune to slows and increases your speed by 30-50%. We feel this may be necessary for some characters that depend on flash especially strongly to initiate, while still not being a 'get out of fail' card.

3) Modify cleanse to be 65% cc reduction after you use it for one second longer than currently. Late game cc stacking will likely be too powerful without something like this to counter heavy CC teams.

4) Remove the team heal aspect of heal, and make it significantly better for self healing.

NOTE -- if we did these, we'd try on the PTR first, and we'd try it live for 2 weeks to see if it works well. If it was poor, we'd roll it back.

I've included a poll so we can track opinions. Please also post comments!

Regards,
Zileas

Slightly updated approach we were discussing:

- Remove flash
- Add blink dagger item that is ~1250 cost of proc, 120 sec cd? This will pop projectiles and can be used at any time. Stand-alone item listed under movement on shop.
- New cleanse – clears debuffs, and for 3 seconds after, immune to slows & roots, while stuns are turned into slows of the same duration at 35% slow. These stuns still interrupt spells though. No longer reduces CC durations -- except where immune.
- Add Summoner Dash – +35% speed + immune to slowing effects for 3 sec.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: April 22, 2011, 11:54:59 am »

Never did use it that much, except sometimes on Urgot, but i really don't see the point in Dash, it seems like a slightly more powerful but much shorter Ghost, and that seems a bit redundant
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: April 22, 2011, 11:58:06 am »

Yeah that's what I was thinking, but that change really doesn't upset me.  I almost always use blink when I'm chasing anyhow, not to escape.  Maybe I should take Ghost instead of exhaust there's some merit behind that.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: April 22, 2011, 12:07:53 pm »

Removing flash would be cool, making heal stronger but self only would be even better =)

Flash is one of the spells i hate the most, with the second one being ignite.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: April 22, 2011, 12:38:40 pm »

Poor fiddle ganks at lvl 4 :(

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: April 22, 2011, 01:12:31 pm »

Lame, flash is a good spell and should stay where it is instead of creating another lame item nearly nobody will buy.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: April 22, 2011, 01:23:15 pm »

I think the flash change is pretty silly. Tons of items and abilities are "get out of fail free". I do not think it is wrong to give less skilled players a way to get out of trouble. They have enough problems avoiding ganks with flash and with its long cool down, even if they do manage to get out of trouble the ones who are really bad will be back in it long before the ability is up again.

On a different note... what the hell is the role of Vlad and why do I suck with him? Is he supposed to be a nuker? It doesn't seem like q ever does enough damage. In a team fight you can spam it on one enemy but it is tough to target over and over so it seems like you end up doing such a minor amount of damage.

Generally on vlad I get SV, Merc Treads, and RCS.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1994 on: April 22, 2011, 01:40:03 pm »

My teams' Taric and Teemo blamed me all the time when we were about to lose early/mid game. I focused on farming and pushing, and they cried when I didn't run after the enemies. Kinda hard when you're half the map away.

Result:

So yeah, I guess ignoring the enemy champs and focusing on actually pushing works out sometimes.

EDIT: It was a victory, about 1 Hour long game.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 165