Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165340 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1935 on: April 20, 2011, 03:04:26 pm »

We just won a ranked game with 5 Bay12ers. It was very fun though it was ridiculously long.

Warwick (technically Tankwick) was our mid vs enemy Vladimir. Let me put this out here, Vladimir cannot kill Warwick in a lane. It won't happen. Furthermore, when Warwick decides to dedicate his entire build to being anti-Vladimir, Vladimir cries. The very first item I bought after Akali helped me first blood him was Negatron Cloak. After that Vlad could be completely ignored.

The game took forever mostly because we had very little staying power. We also couldn't poke the enemy nor siege their towers. When the enemy turtled up, we couldn't really do anything. Not to mention a couple of dumbass "ambushes" on our part. We grouped all 5 of us inside a bush trying to ambush the enemy. Then the enemy Amumu and Katarina walked in and ultied and killed us all. Yeaaaah..... we aren't exactly master tacticians.

In the end we actually had a plan to finish them off. Blitz would deal with Katarina with his ulti. My Tankwick will ulti Nocturne the second he tries to jump on our Ashe. And the rest could be ignored. xD

This was my Tankwick build:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It was
Code: [Select]
Doran's Ring -> Negatron Cloak + Boots 1 -> Boots 2 + Sunfire -> Spirits Visage -> Thornmail (for Nocturne) -> Banshee's Veil -> Bloodrazor

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 20, 2011, 04:42:19 pm »

They say tank mid ruins ap carry.

Also, that was so mean.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 20, 2011, 04:59:23 pm »

Not every tank, but warwick and Cho'Gath (especialy cho) can ruin nearly every ordinary mid champ's day.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1938 on: April 20, 2011, 06:19:30 pm »

Not every tank, but warwick and Cho'Gath (especialy cho) can ruin nearly every ordinary mid champ's day.
I advise you to look into MundoMid. Focus on last hitting with cleavers and if possible punches: if enemy harasses you, your minions will drain their hp (if they autoattack you).
Once enemy is too low on health, SURPRISE CLEAVER+IGNITE+BURNING AGONY+PUNCHES+CLEAVER+MORE PUNCHES
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 20, 2011, 06:22:49 pm »

Actualy I agree with you, Mundo is pretty good on a 1v1 situation, and he's strong from the early game, so it might work, though I can't tell since I never did see a Mundo go mid.

Also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Carrying people is trolling, apparently, AND VLAD IS A SUPPORT CHAR BRAH.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 20, 2011, 06:49:50 pm »

Have you tried AD Malphite perchance?
You essentially become one hard to kill tanky dps that splash kills the entire enemy team while the survivors try to run away from you Mallet+Shard combos ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 20, 2011, 08:27:22 pm »

I'm fairly Certain I'm playing Sivir Wrong (DPSey as fuck) but its just so fun to destroy towers in a couple seconds while simultaneously annihilating the next creep wave and stealing health up to full.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 20, 2011, 08:28:12 pm »

So I was intrigued by this LOLReplay thing. I got it, signed up on this League of Replays site, and uploaded this. I titled it "A less than stellar job" because it is. It's also an hour long, but we win in the end despite a bad start. If any of you can be bothered to watch it and criticise I'd be much obliged, but for now I'm just going to bed.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: April 20, 2011, 08:35:33 pm »

why is it people put the melee carry in middle sometimes melee seems so wrong for mid.

Anusus or whatever, i was, i was told to go mid, and had to sit there and fight some ranged magic guy, meanwhile getting no creep kills because hed target me as soon as i came within range :(

i felt dumb, but we won the game  8)
I had no money till late game and i killed people.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 20, 2011, 08:42:30 pm »

Not all tanks can handle middle but any tank with one or more good harass spells can usually make another solo laner's life hell. Depends though. Sometimes you'll fight someone like Irelia in middle. Theeeeennnn.... no amount of tankiness will save you.

Also, most of those guys rely on constant harass to eventually kill their target. If they get faced with someone who can heal more than they can harass (say, Nidalee), they can't do much.

It's very much rock paper scissors. Also, a very uber pro ranged character who is so skilled he can dodge every single harass will kite the enemy all day.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: April 20, 2011, 10:11:18 pm »

Re: Mid-Mundo.

Mid-Mundo is hilarious. Especially against Ashe. Her volley range is very slightly shorter than your cleaver. Make her pay every time she tries to get you  with it. Once you hit 6 you can basically chill out in the lane forever, if you don't get cocky.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 21, 2011, 03:01:37 am »

I found Sivir on mid loads of fun, since after a few minutes you pretty much know when someone is going to use an ability on you, then you simply cockblock that bitch and throw a boomerang in their face ^^
AS - IG

Axil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1947 on: April 21, 2011, 03:07:38 am »

I've been playing this for a couple of weeks and i've been playing Lux a lot.

I've made my own item build for her, but at the end of the game i'm just stacking ap, and i feel that i'd contribute better to the team with some support items, any suggestions?
They should preferrably add something that is useful to Lux too.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: April 21, 2011, 03:53:02 am »

Just fought kayle, anivia,

taric, vlad, and ms fortune.

I'm ulting in, draining people, throwing crowstorms, ect.

all I can think of is-

WHY WON'T YOU DIE DAMNIT.

we lost all the teamfights, and couldn't kill anyone in smaller groups.

we were fiddle(me), alistar, leblanc, gangplank, and someone else?
Only taric was tanky, and yet, nobody else could be killed.

sigh.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: April 21, 2011, 04:08:00 am »

So much HATE for a feeding team, especially for a retarded Amumu and Xin who fed Garen to high heaven and now he can two hit my little heimy ass ;___;
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 165