Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165496 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1755 on: April 14, 2011, 05:28:00 pm »

So I recently bought Dr. Mundo, he's a ton of fun if I manage a good early game. But here's a question: Should I build Spirit Visage or Warmog's Armor first?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 14, 2011, 05:31:17 pm »

Spirit Visage, it's by far a much more useful all around item with the CDR, MR and the boost to your cleaver return and ult regeneration, and it works at top capacity out of the box, no need to kill those pesky non-blue thingies to charge it up ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 14, 2011, 05:51:59 pm »

I'd say Warmogs first.  It's the best flat HP & HP Regen item in the game even before stacking creep kills on it (remember they remade it to be better frontloaded, along with Rod of Ages), and the earlier you buy it, the stronger it is throughout the game.

Spirit Visage, by comparison, has small CDR, small MR, and the unique passive boost to your HP regen is almost non-existant when taken alone.  Without some other HP items, your passive healing doesn't mean much, even with this item.  It certainly won't compare to the high base regen on Warmog's or hell even just buying a 2nd regen amulet.  Even if it did, burst damage is your #1 threat early game, and Spirit Visage is very little help there.

Yes, it stacks with your ultimate, but again that ultimate is based on a percentage of your HP.  +1000 Max HP is a much stronger boost to your ultimate than +250 HP and a slightly higher percentage.

At least buy a giant's belt first.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: April 14, 2011, 06:03:58 pm »

You know spirit visage is like, mundo's item? It boosts his ultimate by quite a bit, it gives him CDR, which makes his short cooldowns even shorter, gives him health + magic resistance. Warmogs is just a huge stack of hp.

Warmogs is a bad item on most champions, on mundo it is only ok because it boosts his ultimate and having tons of health is just mundo's thing. Spirit visage is much cheaper and gives much more early game bonuses then warmogs does. Getting it as your third item is most mundo's standard item build, you'll still have alot of oportunity to max its bonuses. Unless you get a good early game, rushing warmogs will cripple you untill you complete it, and a complete warmogs isn't that useful either, its bonuses need to be maxed.

If you're fighting even one AP champion, spirit visage should be higher priority then warmogs. Merc Treads is also higher priority, IMO.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 14, 2011, 06:25:03 pm »

It boosts his ultimate by quite a bit, it gives him CDR, which makes his short cooldowns even shorter, gives him health + magic resistance. Warmogs is just a huge stack of hp.

The CDR isn't much, and it doesn't matter if you don't have the HP to support rapid fire of your abilities anyway.  You're not going to run Burning Agony on a Spirit Visage, that's for sure.  The health is just a single Ruby Crystal.  Like I said about the unique passive, it boosts his passive and ultimate heals very very little without base HP to build on, since it all works off percentages.  A slightly higher percentage of a small number is still a small number.  Now after you've built some HP, the boost from Spirit Visage amounts to a lot, but not until then.  Yes, it is a core Mundo item, but that doesn't mean it does a lot on its own.

Warmogs is just a huge stack of HP, but when two of his abilities are driven by percentage of HP and three others spend HP as fuel, HP is basically Mundo's main stat.  It's a no-brainer to put the best HP item in the game on him.  Yes, it's expensive, but Mundo is also a good farmer and amazing at denying early game.  I often have it in under 15 minutes.  I once managed to build up 5000 hp by 25 min, and that was before they remade Warmog's.

I will often buy the MR component of Merc Treads and Spirit Visage early just because, like I said, AP Burst is your biggest threat early game.  Usually I get MR right after Giant's Belt and Boots of Speed.  The other benefits can wait until I've got the prerequisites for them to actually amount to something.

Mundo is (was?... I doubt my recent quitting announcement will stick, as usual... I'm just miffed about this recent patch) my main champion and has been for several months.  I have hundreds of games with him.

My typical build order is

Regen Amulet
Giant's Belt or Ruby Crystal (whichever I can afford on my first trip back)
Boots of Speed
Null-Magic Mantle (2 if I'm facing an AP heavy team or a good AP harrasser in my lane)
Finish Warmogs
Finish Merc Treads and Spirit Visage (whichever I can afford or need first depending on the game)

Those are my core items.  After that, I build whatever I need based on the match.  Usually I go for Randuins or Force of Nature.  If I'm facing a well-balanced team, I'll get both.  If I'm surviving easily or got fed early, I'll start building some damage.  Phantom Dancer is my favorite damage item on Mundo.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: April 14, 2011, 07:19:26 pm »

I just finished one kickass game as Nasus, i had a little over 200 minion kills, and by halfgame just pressing q would instagib the poor bastards, my Q bonus damage was a bit over 400, not counting some 150 normal damage and trinity proc.And just for the lulz i had some 68% crit chance with damage easily going over 1k :D
Also the enemy xin challenged me to a duel sometimes soon, now i wanna get tyrind just to spite him ^^
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 14, 2011, 07:28:47 pm »

Urgot would probably be a better choice against Xin.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 14, 2011, 07:33:58 pm »

While something ranged could work xin has that nasty dash of his which would pretty much negate any range advantage Urgot could have, also Nasus(which i think i'll be playing) has a kickass slow that easily stops him dead in his tracks.That or i could take Morde i guess and completley avoid fighting him head on, you know, i would just push his face into the Nexus :D
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 14, 2011, 07:42:43 pm »

Nah, as someone who mains Xin, let me tell you that Urgot beats Xin in the lane horribly (5 hits from Q is all it takes, not counting autoattacks). Then once the tower is dead, Xin is too underfarmed to fight back.

Doesn't matter if you dash into Urgot, Urgot just applies his 20% less damage passive poison, and smacks you in the face with his unaimed Q while trolling you with his shield.

The worst part comes from when you realize, as Xin, that you can't win against that fat mass of crap but you can't run because Urgot has you permaslowed.

I've never beaten Urgot in a lane as Xin Zhao. Maybe as Irelia, but never as Xin Zhao.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 14, 2011, 08:04:26 pm »

I just tried playing tank tristana, and god is it fun !

First i built madred's bloodrazor, to still deal some damage (and making use of my rapid fire), then i grabbed warmog, then force of nature (and i had berzerker's boots).

The enemy team was all AP, and i can tell you that it's a nice change when you 1v1 Akali and kill her with 2/3 of your hp left. In the end, they got 2 leavers and we crushed them easily. I think tristana can actually make a decent tank, since everyone tends to focus her and she has good utility spells to make her annoying. Bloodrazor makes her useful, and with one or 2 warmogs+Force of nature, she doesnt really need lifesteal (she wont have the physical damage for it anyways). If playing against AP, you can also buy Abyssal scepter for the magic resist/MR debuff/AP bonus (she has good ratios), and if playing against AD, Thornmail is your go-to item. Tristana's weakness is her lack of HP, so with warmogs it's not an issue anymore, and she has good natural armor/MR. Also, even if you start to die, with your escape mechanisms, it's hard for the enemy to actually get the kill.

I still doubt it would work as well as AD, and it's a bit harder to farm cash like that, but it's a fun way to play her :)

Edit : played a second game as tank trist (against AD this time), second win. Having tanks items makes her much stronger mid game, and you still get kills quite often. I changed my build order a bit, going for warmog right after boots + madred razor (the cheap one, not the bloodrazor). The razor helps with farming and i figured i'd wait until late-ish game to turn it into bloodrazor (since everyone has more HP at this point). I still need more games with this build to make sure it works, though.

Edit2: 3rd game didnt work, we had 2 feeders and they were expecting me to do damage even though i warned them i was building tank. I guess that's the weak point of that strategy, it confuses not only the other team but your own too. Also, without godly damage output it was impossible for me to carry the game like i usually do and i depended too much on my team. I still had the 2nd best kill/death ratio.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:32:04 pm by Sirian »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 14, 2011, 09:34:38 pm »

god just had my best game in awhile as Trynd, went 6-0-6 until I got a bit wreackless and ended up at 11-4-14.  I have the save if anyone wants, it was a bloody epic fight.  Atlot of really big team fights.
Nom nom nom

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 14, 2011, 09:56:58 pm »

I just decided to give lee sin a ride in a custom game, just to see what he does. He's pretty fun to play as, altough he does seem a bit gimmicky. He doesn't seem allllll that useful, just fun. His shield/lifesteal spell seems sorta useless, but his other spells seem ok. Q is a fun little spell to use, and his E is a cheap AoE spell that slows people down on a second cast. His ultimate is petty nice, low cooldown powerful alistar-headbutt-eske ultimate.

I wish Renekton had his cooldowns, but then he'd probably be overpowered :P
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: April 14, 2011, 11:14:59 pm »

*sigh*  I'm losin' tonight.

First game I had I was playing as Kassadin, because I'm trying to learn him.  I ended up going 0/11 because. . . I dunno, I think maybe my item order is messed up

Second game,  I was LeBlanc going mid.  I was the best on my team, unfortunately their Akali got fed while I didn't.  I went 6/3/13 ((I include the 13 only because my team was KSing from my work a lot towards the end.))  At least I know I make a good LeBlanc.

So, who is thinking third times the charm for the win bonus?

Edit:  Nope, it wasn't.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:13:49 am by V-Norrec »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: April 15, 2011, 12:45:36 am »

Finally won with Karthus.  If I want to win, I roll Karthus and feed myself with careless players who forget I can strike them from across the map and my amazing Lay Waste spell.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: April 15, 2011, 12:47:02 am »

So, Gangplank is getting remade:

1. No more deny.
2. Passive does more damage. Base movespeed and mana increased.
3. Raise Morale changed to an AOE buff of some sort.
4. Parrrrrley shorter cooldown, less damage.
5. Remove scurvey heals more at level 1 and less at level 5.
6. Ultimate deals less damage. However, slow is guaranteed to the whole aoe and the damage is consistent. (Sounds like a massive version of Miss Fortune's skill)
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 165