Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165503 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1740 on: April 14, 2011, 05:06:19 am »

Your build is unusual, Solifuge.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: April 14, 2011, 05:17:57 am »

I was playing Commander, so I avoided some pure AP items for a more versatile build. The Will of the Ancients was for teamfights, and Guardian Angel was for staying power, since we spent so much time together on the defensive, and it saved my bacon a lot. I picked Tear because I spam abilities, and the extra mana makes a huge difference; snagging Manamune instead of Archmages was on a whim, because I needed something quick and it was all I could afford.

I had Sorcerers Shoes, but I ditched them toward the end to spend the 4k I had on a Lich's Bane, which made me like a poison-launching artillery platform, boosted my AP and mana, and turned my basic attack into a free 500 damage every time I used any ability. I really like using Lich's Bane with rapid-casting AP characters... even Katarina, who has no Mana.

Get LOLReplays.  Just let it run whenever you're playing and delete the ones you don't care to keep.  That hour long match would have only been like a 6 mb file, and it doesn't effect performance noticeably.

I'll have to try that! Thanks.

P.S. I'm Corylus on LoL, if anyone wants to add me!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:20:13 am by Solifuge »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: April 14, 2011, 05:36:07 am »

Well, whatever works for you, I guess.
I just wonder how you find the time to use your autoattack, between spamming all your spells.
Cassiopeia is my favorite caster, by the way.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: April 14, 2011, 05:57:45 am »

I remember watching one of the tournaments where the caster was talking about how the player playing Ryze took Manamune instead of Archangels. He said the reason that player preferred Manamune was because Ryze does so much magic DPS already and at the late game he preferred being able to actually push towers with the huge Manamune bonus on Ryze instead.

I don't know how true that is but there you have it.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: April 14, 2011, 06:01:43 am »

Well Ryze uses that mana more than AP now so you get roughly the same benefits as far as MD goes and a big boost to your AD for a much lower price.But i guess if you're rolling in cash get both and kick ass either way :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: April 14, 2011, 06:21:49 am »

Yeah more or less. Too bad Cassiopeia doesn't scale with mana. :P

In any case, updates from the devs:

Xin Zhao getting buffed after Riot got screamed at by people (MUHAHAHAHAHA!~!!):
Thank you everyone for the feedback and discussion.

We've decided not to go this route, nor revert the changes wholesale. However, next patch, barring something going crazy, we're looking to institute buffs to Xin.

* Why Xin? Why not (something else)?

Because we recognize we made a mistake and don't just want to close the wound, but cure the problem while we're in here. Other champions you may feel are weak have other unique considerations, and changes from a workload, risk, and impact standpoint are anything but equal.

Sounds like they want to remake Irelia (I don't understand why people think Irelia is a burst caster, it's like they're making assumptions about champions they don't play. Oh wait...):
we'll have to individually (and in the case of Irelia, fundamentally) adjust the character. We're moving in the direction of changes of role to make it so we can get her in the right place, all while trying to retain important core gameplay aspects.

They have some sort of bizzare idea for stealth champions:
We have a "soft" stealth option for long-term combined with a tactical skill you can use sometimes and it's been interesting. Less problematic;

Essentially, stealth makes you 100% invisible, but imagine all champions have Oracle's. What this does is makes it so your engagement range and such are the same, but you can scout, use it strategically or set up good positioning with it. Obviously, kits would be adjusted to utilize this.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: April 14, 2011, 08:23:02 am »

I don't know if anyones mentioned, but everyones getting free Riot points because of the server problems :D

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: April 14, 2011, 09:49:13 am »

We have a "soft" stealth option for long-term combined with a tactical skill you can use sometimes and it's been interesting. Less problematic;

Essentially, stealth makes you 100% invisible, but imagine all champions have Oracle's. What this does is makes it so your engagement range and such are the same, but you can scout, use it strategically or set up good positioning with it. Obviously, kits would be adjusted to utilize this.

Uh, how are you going to do that if everyone can still see you on the map? It doesn't matter if you do become 100% invisible, all they will have to do is look at the map and click on your moving icon, and poof, you're dead. Its already a bit hard to get your teamates do something useful once you're in position, now the enemy will be able to see you all the time, making stealth pointless?

>MFW make stealth champions that are already weak pointless by making stealth not stealthy.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:52:01 am by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: April 14, 2011, 10:03:35 am »

Because when stealthed, it'll be kinda like moving under a Nocturne ult (except I imagine other champions' vision would count too. It'd be kinda cool if it didn't though).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1749 on: April 14, 2011, 02:02:30 pm »

Played a very, very fun game as Nocturne. I got fed early/mid game, and proceeded to jungle heavily between killing. Pushing whenever possible, of course.
There wasn't much bullshit going on, just friendly chit-chat between the teams. Making jokes and puns about Brand and his fiery self.

I ended up with 7 destructions, loads of kills (shared most kills with few people) and twice as much gold as anyone else. Stacking bloodthirsters, getting Ghostblade and SotD ensued little backdooring and loads of farming as I always got killed my someone.

The enemy Ashe was very fun guy, he knew how to play Ashe and kept speaking random shit with me. Their Brand was also a cool guy.

Game went on for +1 hour, and it wasn't the victory/getting fed which made it fun: it was the people.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: April 14, 2011, 02:31:49 pm »

Udyr's turtle stance still heals and gives mana (a LOT of mana) when you proc Madred's Razors / Wriggles. Probably only him and Olaf can still heal off it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: April 14, 2011, 03:11:58 pm »

Udyr's turtle stance still heals and gives mana (a LOT of mana) when you proc Madred's Razors / Wriggles. Probably only him and Olaf can still heal off it.

I heard that the magic damage doesn't proc spellvamp.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: April 14, 2011, 03:17:41 pm »

Might be true. I'd have to double check.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: April 14, 2011, 03:18:49 pm »

It might be some sort of glitch with how Turtle Stance and Vicious Strikes steal from all damage.
Udyr's, for instance, is worded as:

Udyr's attacks cannot crit, but he restores a percentage of his damage as health and mana.

So yeah.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 03:20:23 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: April 14, 2011, 03:39:08 pm »

I've not been able to find a real definitive answer to that question but I think Naxza is right.

In my own testing, I definitely get a whole lot more mana and health in turtle stance once I get razors but it's really hard to say.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 165