Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165489 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1725 on: April 13, 2011, 12:27:14 am »

My advice is musical in form.

Unless that's why you're dying. It'd be nice to know why you are.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 13, 2011, 02:24:14 am »

keep getting my ass whooped as yi, advice?

AD Yi? Thornmail and a stun and/or something that reduces healing effects

AP Yi? Banshees and a stun and/or something that reduces healing effects

BD Yi? Either kick their asses in all the 5v4s and push faster or start taking teleport

Incidentally Banshee's is one of those items you get on pretty much every single champion, it's the safest go-to item if you have no idea what else to get.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 13, 2011, 02:47:15 am »

Sigh... going to make another attempt at quitting this game.  I'm so sick of Riot.  I'm so sick of competitive games in general.  I don't know why they all have to be balanced like tightrope walking. There is so much cc and damage in the game and so little defense.  You step a pixel out of bounds, you get caught and exploded.  When you come back, the enemy is stronger than you and you have to play more perfect than ever.  It's not fun.  It's stressful.

I played Mundo because he didn't feel as lame as the other champions.  He could afford some freedom to move around and take some damage here and there or even spring a trap, and he made fights more drawn out and interesting.

Every other champion can be summed up as

1.  Place self next to unaware enemy.
2.  Jump in and unleash combo.
3.  Repeat 5 or 6 times until fed.
4.  Enemy team is now completely helpless.  You win.

BORING

And it's just getting worse.  The nerfs to Mundo's stats are negligible.  The nerf to his cooldown hurts, but I can deal with it.  But they also nerf his best armor item while boosting attack damage across the board... and release a new super nuke champion.   ::)

Now it seems I have no choice but to play a game of Which Team Can Arrange the Most Instant Deaths in the Beginning.  Fuck that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 13, 2011, 03:48:41 am »

League of legends is all about information.

If you knew where your enemies were all the time, it would be rather boring/too easy.

Support and tank play slightly differently.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:24:34 pm by eerr »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 13, 2011, 04:31:04 am »

There are still champions that are simply ridiculous.
Jarvan, Akali, Irelia, Nocturne and so on.
I just don't get how they can be so powerful even without having items.

Many of the new melee carries and tanks seem not to be balanced at all.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:40:59 am by Mindmaker »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1730 on: April 13, 2011, 08:55:58 am »

League of legends is all about information.

If you knew where your enemies were all the time, it would be rather boring/too easy.

Support and tank play slightly differently.

1. Pick Teemo
2. Pick Clairvoyance and other stuff you want
3. Place loads of mushrooms near the walls so they don't explode (free wards)
4. Place wards in places where you don't wanna mushrooms (in middle of a road etc.)
5. Congratulations, you have maphacks for whole team.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 13, 2011, 11:22:44 am »

Right now i'm on a 10 win streak, mostly because of Cho and especially because of Nasus :3
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 13, 2011, 02:29:41 pm »

Nasus is beast, nuff said.

don't just 'skirmish' with nasus, if you value your life.

and beware he can win many 1v2s with his ultimate.

Sometimes killing both his enemies, and walking away calmly.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 13, 2011, 04:24:58 pm »

I know, and the best thing is he can do it in the full heat of a clusterfuck teamfight, pick your target before the fight, fire off anything you've got and rightclick them once, then mash Q like there's no tomorrow, in the end you will either kill their squishy, kill several of them, get assist for a pentakill or die first while taking their carry with you ^^

But alas not even Nasus is all powerfull as my beautifull streak was horrifyingly broken today when the enemy Yi got fed, i was our only tank and the enemy team was all physical deeps while no one on my team but me built armor, also we never pushed, ever, the only reason we got three towers was me because while my team was out hunting their two surviving teammates or bluepilling after a good teamfight i was solo pushing towers, dying all three times but dammit did i fuck that tower up every single time, taking it down from full to zero even while the enemy team was on my face throwing everything they had at me :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 14, 2011, 12:54:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

>MFW pick no tanks and all 3 stealth champions + new mage + yi, win against a team comp 100 times better then yours.
Their nasus didn't even have to try, all he had to do was W and autoattack people using Q in between. He was so confused with his build though, didn't even build a trin force. I was against akali and malph with shaco. Shaco did some crazy initiation and I just followed by scoring headshots on akali, then malph would get cocky and die too.
Their team bought wards and oracles all the time, too. It looked like they knew what to do, just not how to execute it. They also had the tendency to form a small cluster and teamfight like that, which basicaly gave me and Brand alot of damage potential. It doesn't matter if you have tanks if twitch is shooting through your whole team critting EVERYONE except the tanks for 800 damage + brand's insane aoe. Twitch is not so bad now with the BF sword changes. I had one what, 15 minutes in?

New infinity edge is baws, also.

And yea, I sorta don't like how the new champions are all combo based
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:05:19 am by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 14, 2011, 01:18:29 am »

Yay free 350 riot points! That's like... free $2!!! Whooo!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 14, 2011, 01:58:19 am »

For all the failings of your teamcomp, you had more hard CCs than them.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1737 on: April 14, 2011, 03:47:57 am »

Dakk, your team missed Teemo.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 14, 2011, 04:56:50 am »

It was my first game on Cassiopeia, and we had a 1st time Vlad too. We lost EVERY turret within the first 20 minutes, and only took out one of theirs. After that, we lost 2 inhibitors, and then the third, at which point everyone started bickering about feeding and all that... the usual stuff. I got fed up with it and pulled a General Patton, taking the reigns and coordinating a defensive retreat. We stayed in base until the inhibitors respawned, where we all hit level 18 killing Superminions and lone heroes who (having gotten overconfident) charged in alone or in pairs. When we had 4 down, I took Warwick and Vlad with me to kill Baron, while Pantheon and Alistar defended. We snagged the buff, scored an Ace, and pushed EVERY lane. Most of us died in the push, but we got every tower down to their last line, and fell back once more.

After that, they started coordinating their strikes, but we kept playing defensive and backing one another up. Then THEY scored Baron, and pushed through our inhibitors again, and ALMOST got our towers. GGs were already being shared, but it was only halfway over. We saved the towers, defended once more, ganked each and every one of them on their way out, and began small pushes once more. After a long, protracted back-and-forth, Pantheon backdoored to kill their inhibitor, while we distracted in mid. Soon after, everyone went mid, and we had a 10 minute Team-Battle Royale riding our minion wave along, pushing them all back inch by inch, until we trashed their towers and inhibitors, and finally got their Nexus.

All in all, the game took about an hour, and had more twists than an Alfred Hitchcock movie. It was fantastic. I was proud that despite our bickering and horrid failings early on, my team never tried to surrender. I was a bit disappointed that our opponents left in a huge huff, and didn't even GG, when it was neck and neck the whole way through... though I can imagine their dissapointment.

Ah well, I wish you could save replays in LoL. It would have been a nice one to have.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 14, 2011, 05:03:35 am »

Get LOLReplays.  Just let it run whenever you're playing and delete the ones you don't care to keep.  That hour long match would have only been like a 6 mb file, and it doesn't effect performance noticeably.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 165