Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165302 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #915 on: February 28, 2011, 02:55:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HE WILL EXTEND HIS SPEAR THROUGH HIS ENEMIES

KNOCKING PEOPLE UP

EXPLOTING THEIR OPENINGS

WITH HIS SPEAR~

Seriously though his abilities are full of freudian material, don't even get me started on the spear.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 28, 2011, 05:51:40 pm »

Mmkay, I'm doing a lot better now, I have bought Twisted Fate, Sivir, and Kayle and I have to say, Sivir and Twisted Fate are fast becoming my two favorite champs.  I cant tell you how much fun it is to have the long distance projectiles abilities that'll roflstomp all over a noobs health before he knows what is going on.  Plus the extra two gold a kill TF provides to the entire team quickly adds up as most of the games I play turn into slow defensive slog-fests with until my entire team (or at least most of them) reach level 18 and they become dependant on gear to improve thier attacking power.  Plus I'm usually able to rack up 4 kills/assists (I sometimes don't get the last hit despite doing most of the damage.)

I just got Sivir today, but in the two games I played with her, she's pretty awesome as well, I love the Boomerang Blade, but I got to work on the spell shield as I'm not entirely sure when to use it and what abilities it works on and which ones it doesn't.  Still doesn't stop me from doing a whole lot of damage with the Boomerang Blade and plenty of MP5 items however.  I recently discovered the one item that has a 7.2 mana regen aura.  Why isn't that recommended for her, she's better with that aura than without.

Anyhow, I'm having a good time, and if you need any of those chars look me up.  Viscoth on the N.A. Realm
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:57:56 pm by V-Norrec »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 28, 2011, 06:39:57 pm »

see V, the thing is that the reccommended items are far from the best items for the characters, they are more mid-road items for people learning the game, you will develope your own item combos to suit your palying style, so don't think that they are in anyway the best items for you.
Nom nom nom

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 28, 2011, 06:58:48 pm »

Playing Taric, fuck yeah he's awesome :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 28, 2011, 06:59:13 pm »

Ohhhh, I had no idea, I just figured, they told you the best, now I'll actually have to look at the store lol.  Thanks for the info kilakan

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 28, 2011, 07:09:01 pm »

Yeah, once you figure out what things do what and how they work with certain abilities it will be much easier to figure out what works best for what champion.

AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 28, 2011, 07:12:55 pm »

Examples:

Master Yi should (in my experience) grab a Doran's Shield, get rush two zeals, get a Ghostblade, get a Bloodthirster, then promote the zeals to Phantom Dancers (wit boots when he has a chance)

Almost EVERY champion should get Mercury's Treads except in very particular situations.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 28, 2011, 07:17:32 pm »

Then you also get FUN builds, like double Tiamat Yi who farms like insane and kills an entire creepwave in several hits.And i feel mercs threads are very situational, like if they have a lot of disables or extreme amounts of magic damage, in most cases i get something more useful for direct damage output and instead incorporate some MR later on (it does help that most of the champs i play are suited for this, like Morde or Renekton)
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 28, 2011, 07:18:54 pm »

So I've been playing Soraka lately since she's free and I wanted to play a support hero and stuff. I'll probably end up buying her since supporting is fun and she's about 2700 points cheaper than Karma (I'm saving up for Trundle at the moment anyways).

Someone might consider her OP were someone to actually play her. There's nothing quite like keeping yourself and your laning buddy at high mana and full health indefinitely.

More people should play support heroes.
I've been saying she's OP for months. :P

Edit: Commando Jarvan IV
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 28, 2011, 08:10:14 pm »

I'm thinking about saving up for Leblanc, or maybe Vladmir.  Possibly Morgana too.  Any idea which one of those 3 is best and I should probably aim for?  ((I need a mage type character, and I don't have one at the moment))

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 28, 2011, 08:22:29 pm »

well all three rip ya up in different ways.  Leblanc is just a pain to deal with no matter who you are.... though not that special.  Vladmir has insane health for a ranged caster and has such can actually tank while still dealling a ton of dmg, very good in team fights.  And Morgana has a ton of damage again and a very useful trap/aoe dmg combo.
Nom nom nom

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 28, 2011, 08:25:39 pm »

If they have two or more non-silence disables, or if they have one lasting 2-3 seconds, or if they have a Galio, you get Merc's Treads, hands down.

I prefer Morgana of those 3 casters named.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 28, 2011, 08:31:15 pm »

I told you about Trundle Naxza.
I told you bro.

Anyway, lern 2 morgana, a well played morgana is a force to be feared in any team, leblanc is a mobile caster but like its been said, not that special, and vlad, while easy to use, gets boring after a while. At least morgana and leblanc will keep you entertained.

Anyway, I think the game hates me today. First game it crashes on champ selection and I end up with Maokai, and crashes yet again at level 4, I refuse to reconnect so I get a leave.

SO then I try another game with Nasus, and our janna disconnects multiple times, and we're 4 vs 5 from level 1. We get pushed due to the other team being arranged, but just when we're punishing them for being cocky and getting kill after kill, MF disconnects, and a minute later, bang, crash for me. Another leave, this time unintentional, game ended before I could reconnect.

Anyway, if you want to make people cry trying to chase you, pick leblanc. If you want more power and disables, pick morgana.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:37:37 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 28, 2011, 09:10:40 pm »

I like crying trying to chase me.... that sounds like fun.  I don't really need special, griefing people is fun enough :P
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 165