Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165270 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #885 on: February 27, 2011, 01:28:38 am »

Eh, lost for the first time as Nasus due to laning with the worst Akali in a while.

EDIT: Double fail due to singed dying a few times, going "D: GUYSE LETS SURRENDER K" then even after we were beating then on 4 vs 5 since he was refusing to do anything to try and coax us into surrendering, he didn't do anything. Teemo pretty much just cried, except he fed instead.

How do people get above level 20 if they want to surrender after dying 3 times because of their own mistakes? Then again my friend's word is probably true, IE alot of people are level 30, but among their 400 or so games, only 30% are wins.

I know it's horrible, people shouldn't get experience for losing.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 27, 2011, 01:58:48 am »

So... last game, i went as Tristana, i mid against Teemo, dominate him, while our Yi was afk during the first 20 minutes, meaning our warwick had to solo top while lux and olaf tried their best bot. When Yi came back, he kept feeding and doing a lot of crap, so i kinda missed the time when he was afk ^^

I had 22 kills when i died for the first time, but at this point they were all focusing me down on sight with all their disables, and i was mostly fooling around :p

I gained so much cash that i swapped big ticket items several times just to try what was more efficient (trying 2 phantom dancers, then replacing one with a frozen mallet, then replacing it with a second bloodthirster, then selling my black cleaver for a phantom dancer... maybe i should have sold my boots for some more damage ?)

But seriously, by the end of the game my team was only useful to engage and distract the enemy so that i could do my job of slaughter. Too bad they sucked at it, which dragged the game for at least 20 more minutes than it should have lasted.

you can see the end scores here :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 27, 2011, 02:37:16 am »

I played a good game without a tank. All of us were squishy. In the beginning, our Ryze seriously fed the enemy Mordekaiser and Ezreal. We all flamed each other but overcame it after awhile. We could never initiate fights because no tank, but we did come up with a different way to start fights.

What we would do is our extremely pro Shaco would go and backdoor one of their turrets while the rest of us sat far away behind, like at river, or blue golem. We agreed who to focus first (ezreal > jax) and we would create an enveloping trap. When the enemy team came chasing down the 10% health Shaco (he did this on purpose), he led them on a wild goose chase for about 30 seconds so the slower ones would get split up (the tanks) and the good chasers would come first (Jax and Ezreal) into our envelopment. Then we would rape them utterly. By the time the tanks arrived, we already slaughtered the damage dealers.

Another of the novel ways we had of starting fights was again, invented by our Shaco. We would be having a standoff in front of their tower. Shaco would ulti, run up to the tower with his clone. The clone took all the tower aggro, the enemy got confused and didn't know who to focus and the rest of us jumped in and raped everything then ran away at nearly no health.

I thought that was really fun. Having no tank was quite a challenge. We would come out of every teamfight with nearly no health. It was particularly funny when we were having a standoff in mid and we couldn't decide who to initiate so our Malzahar said:

"Ryze, you're the most tanky. Go in!"

xD

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 27, 2011, 04:46:30 am »

Summoner name: FluffyToast, on the US server

got almost no idea what I'm doing, but I do seem to level up quickly in-game compared to the rest. For some reason my client crashed, and I couldnt connect to the game for a good few minutes, and by the time I got in everybody else was level 8-10, and about 3 minutes later I was equal to everybody else, if not higher. I was playing Ryze.

But yeah, got no idea what I'm doing. Spam Q ftw?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #889 on: February 27, 2011, 04:51:49 am »

Here is a link to my thread where I suggest a certain type of command for custom games,that help with build-testers.
Thoughts?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 27, 2011, 05:14:34 am »

From my log of my escapades in Ranked:

Time for more ADVENTURES!!

This time I'm Duo Queueing with a Pantheon. Rammus got taken so I'm Jungle Amumu.

Wish me luck!

Holy balls. 35 minute surrender.

My Pantheon went 17/2/8; by the end he was jumping in with Youmuu's, Infinite Edge, Doran's Blade, Merc's Treads, and a Bloodthirster.
I went 5/4/17
We had a Shen who went 0/3/18 and pulled off ungodly saves.

It was beautiful.

Why did I ever stop playing Amumu?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 27, 2011, 05:48:57 am »

The death timer reduction seems like a stupid change to me.
Compared to the other MOBA games, the penalty for dying is very low, which makes players feed a lot more, since then don't get punished for it.
For me it's just another encouragement for playing stupid and feeding.
I mean you don't really use that much because of an earlygame death anyway.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 27, 2011, 12:33:45 pm »

hum but does it work out to more or less IP if you play two games in 40 minutes or one?
Nom nom nom

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 27, 2011, 01:09:06 pm »

Keep in mind the IP thing is still broken as hell. I had 2 long games and they both only gave me 93 IP, then I have a simila lenght one and get 244 IP.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 27, 2011, 01:11:36 pm »

First win of the day bonus?

And yeah the IP stuff is all screwy, half the times i have to exit the client for it to register that i got any, then for some reason it jumps from 140 to 1400 after a single game, so i buy TF :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 27, 2011, 02:25:04 pm »

Ip gain is calculated per minute. It doesn't matter how long the games are. If you play two 30 minute games, you'll get the same amount (actually more) ip than an hour long game.

You will only get less ip if you lose, because the penalties for losing are a lot harsher now. So the ones complaining a lot about experiencing less ip must have been losing a lot.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 27, 2011, 03:08:44 pm »

Ip gain is calculated per minute. It doesn't matter how long the games are. If you play two 30 minute games, you'll get the same amount (actually more) ip than an hour long game.

You will only get less ip if you lose, because the penalties for losing are a lot harsher now. So the ones complaining a lot about experiencing less ip must have been losing a lot.

Except that it doesn't happen that way. 4 games, 4 wins, similar lenght (40 or so mins for the first two, 50 for the third and fourth), 90 or so IP for the first two, 140 for the third, 244 for the fourth. No first win of the day bonus either.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #897 on: February 27, 2011, 03:28:15 pm »

Except that it doesn't happen that way. 4 games, 4 wins, similar lenght (40 or so mins for the first two, 50 for the third and fourth), 90 or so IP for the first two, 140 for the third, 244 for the fourth. No first win of the day bonus either.

I request screenshots on this, as I don't really believe you. Sorry.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 27, 2011, 03:52:32 pm »

If you're really that skeptic about it, here you go:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alternatively you can just go ahead and check my match history in game. I missed on the numbers slightly, but the point stands, and I can assure you that while the games with more IP took longer, they were only about 5 or 7 minutes longer.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 27, 2011, 03:57:48 pm »

You lost those last two matches where you got less. You get less IP for losing than for winning, obviously, regardless of time.

Edit: derp derp I'm a derp
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:18:54 pm by Vel »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 165