Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165185 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #735 on: February 18, 2011, 07:02:32 pm »

It wasn't the game itself, it was the people, when someone intentionally wastes your time and laughs in your face about it, well i just don't have the patience to deal with trolls like that
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 18, 2011, 07:40:44 pm »

Anyone else getting a shader error that disconnects you from games?

I can't believe Riot is being this dumb. Last patch flung a wad of bugs and glitches at people who are now getting their accounts suspended for things that were not their fault and even for no reason at all.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:32:53 pm by Micro102 »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 18, 2011, 07:44:09 pm »

And the IP gain is still borked, i talked to a guy that would get 91 IP from farms, regardless of lenght while i was only getting 43, regardless of lenght.But that boost will be more than welcome :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 18, 2011, 09:30:32 pm »

I am a cruel, cruel Rammus.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 19, 2011, 01:34:11 am »

Maokai is a useless, no damage champion that does nothing for the team other than his ultimate. Even then, the ultimate's range is so pathetically small and it doesn't keep the opponents in. His root is such a ridiculously short duration that it doesn't matter anyway. Not to mention it's only a root, it does nothing for stopping the carry or nuker from doing his job in a teamfight. His acorns only last 25 goddamn seconds. What's the point? He is only good in the early to mid game. Teamfight time, he's crap. I mean sure, 20% damage reduction is nice (barely even compares to a 1000 global heal from Soraka or Taric's AD increase). But I'd rather have an extra teammate instead of a slightly more powerful minion running around.

I mean, think about it. He's supposed to be a tank. But unlike the other tanks, he has no way of disrupting an enemy team other than that silly root. So while he can lower the enemy damage slightly, he cannot do what Shen or Rammus can do. Which is basically, for all intents and purposes, 100% damage mitigation from one or more of their carries. Shen, Rammus, Amumu, Galio all make the enemy team run. The enemy team laughs at Maokai.

I cannot fathom how crappy the Riot testers are that they think THIS is overpowered... It's like they didn't learn from Trundle, Caitlyn, and Cassiopeia. Sigh... at least his ultimate's cooldown is really short. Not fast enough to reposition in a teamfight though.

tl;dr: Maokai is not a tank. He's a strangely durable caster with crappy ratios and no damage.

Edit: His ultimate is the equivalent of this thing every 20 seconds.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #740 on: February 19, 2011, 03:15:48 am »

Maokai is a useless, no damage champion that does nothing for the team other than his ultimate.

Haven't played with Maokai that much, but I did notice something. He's great for helping a Jungler by tossing some of his acorn bombs before creeps spawn. I know that it doesn't instantly make him viable, and other characters can do similar things, but it's a nice touch.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 19, 2011, 03:44:56 am »

He's better than Cassiopeia and Caitlyn though, I'll give him that. At least he can initiate fights and make people focus him.

In other news, I soloed a full health level 18 Maokai as a level 15 Soraka and killed him. It was a stupidly long match where both our teammates were just watching us fight, but I still beat him handedly. That's how little damage he does.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 19, 2011, 06:21:03 am »

I have played with a couple maokais so far, and its true that they had no real presence in teamfights but you have to realise its a new champion so people need to learn him before they can use him at 100%.

Also while he might not be great at teamfights, when i laned against him he was very annoying because his acorns are basically homing missiles and once your creep wave is out of the way, they will chase you until you let them explode in your face. This is a very efficient harassing imo, and with the aoe it can also be used by him to farm creeps. I didnt try him but i also think he can be used to defuse shaco's and teemo's little traps by sending his acorns or to check a bush, or harass an ennemy hiding in bushes... So i think he has some potential as a laner, maybe as a bodyguard for a squishy ranged carry.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #743 on: February 19, 2011, 06:53:25 am »

He's better than Cassiopeia and Caitlyn though, I'll give him that. At least he can initiate fights and make people focus him.

In other news, I soloed a full health level 18 Maokai as a level 15 Soraka and killed him. It was a stupidly long match where both our teammates were just watching us fight, but I still beat him handedly. That's how little damage he does.

Cassiopeia is actually pretty good.

Noxious Blast (Q) deals 75 / 115 / 155 / 195 / 235 (+0.9 per Ability Power) Magic dmg over 3 seconds. Can be casted every 3 seconds. Also gives movement speed if hits a champion --> Kiting
Miasma is quite good for teamfights and farming, although it has a low AP ratio. If the enemy thinks it is safe to be in the cloud with no magic resist, they are gonna get hurt.
Twing fang every 5 seconds, or if the enemy is poisoned, every 0.5 sec. Magic Damage: 60 / 95 / 130 / 165 / 200 (+0.55 per Ability Power) So it is quite good considering the cooldown.

Her ulti either stuns or slows by 60% for 2 seconds, and deals 150 / 275 / 400 (+0.6 per Ability Power) Magic dmg. THis is a good ability in a teamfight.

And her passive combined with Chalice of Harmony and Archangel's Staff = Never out of mana.
Never.
Then just get some spellvamp from the book, and you don't have to go to heal all the time since your spells heal you. And you can use the spells again and again since you never have problems with mana.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 19, 2011, 07:35:43 am »

Shaking with rage now.
Jungle Olaf, having a succesful gank every time I run out of the jungle, dominating the enemy team.
But with a team of idiots, like Malzahar going 2v1 all the time, or Nasus soloing, we still lose.
And now guess who gets all the blame.

Anyway, have I mentioned that I need an EU premade really badly?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 19, 2011, 08:02:38 am »

RE Cass: I don't imagine by the time you achieve a Chalice, an AA, and a Will (or even just Hextech revolver) you should be having a great deal of trouble staying out-of-base; by the time I have that much gear, I generally won't be recalling from anything other than escaping a near-death experience whenever the last teamfight was. In that situation I shouldn't be staying around to farm anyway.

RE Mindmaker: Can't help you, US here.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 19, 2011, 08:31:25 am »

Everyone would have unlimited mana with a chalice, aa, and a will... why would someone get a chalice and an aa together in the first place?

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #747 on: February 19, 2011, 12:26:56 pm »

So I was feeling so exhausted I took a nap yesterday and woke up at 1 AM. At about 5:30 or so, I play a game of LoL. Never AGAIN.
I hopped into a game that had a Gangplank, Ashe, and Trynd Insta-lock, and Yi took a second to switch summoner's to smite before locking.
"Oh god," I thought, "we are going to horribly lose."
Cue the chat between Gangplank and Ashe arguing about solo-mid.
I figure the only shot we have is if I pick a tank. Since I suck horribly with tanks, I go for my tankiest champ, Taric, with a plan to aura-whore my team to victory as bleak as it looks. I prepare for the inevitable loss that will be my immediate future.
Gangplank, Ashe, Trynd, Yi, Taric
Game screen loads.
Versus: Maokai, Annie, Fiddlesticks, Kassadin, Veigar.

Holy hell and a half. Complete AD versus Complete AP. Since none of us will build AP, Veigar seemed useless. We had a chance.
Gangplank and Ashe won't stop arguing about mid, so someone yells "All mid" and the team goes for it.
"I'm playing with trolls. Everyone here is a troll."
So I walk around with Yi behind me to set up the brush near mid lane and walk into their entire team apparently waiting to jump our Jungle-Yi. I don't even remember what happened next, but it's a good thing our team decided to go all mid because we were suddenly 4-0.

Spoiler: Endgame Screencap (click to show/hide)

Their AS Annie was actually ridiculous at times.

In retrospect though, I almost feel like I should have gone Kog'maw, just to have a team full of AD Supercarries.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 19, 2011, 01:35:52 pm »

Wait, Dakk, I just came by a own3d channel with your name on it, literally.

Coincidence or is it actually you?

EDIT: If yes, that must've been a really painful game. Good Sona-ing though.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:51:04 pm by LASD »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 19, 2011, 01:52:19 pm »

Rofl, if only Riot would stop being lazy and put in replays.

And yeah anything stacking AD/AS that has a stun will be deadly.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 165