Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [Forum Game] Help the Dwarfs to the Booze Stockpile.  (Read 9765 times)

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Help the Dwarfs to the Booze Stockpile.
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2010, 08:05:46 pm »

Wait till skeletal eagles are in line with bridges, then step on pressure plate. Armored dwarfs are thrown at the eagles at high speed. Better than bolts.

b1gb0y2013

• Bay Watcher
  • Santa from HELL
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2010, 08:10:00 pm »

Step one: Unpause the game
Step Two: Watch in horror as the booze falls into the lava because the game does not work like that.

Yeah bridges cant hold up constructions on their own... I tried this once and failed  :'(

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2010, 08:11:47 pm »

Eh don't lets us naysayers get in your way though, every winning thing so far has broken that rule.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2010, 08:40:46 pm »

Let us assume for the purpose of this exercise that bridges do work that way.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2010, 09:07:28 pm »

Build a 5x5 obsidian tower 1-1.5 screens away from tower. Build fortifications at top floor, roof it but leave one space free. Station 1 marksdwarf and 2 axedwarfs. Shoot the Giant Eagle, then let the axedwarfs slaugher them. Then build bridges and walls (for support) to the booze supply. (Its easy to do. Build the bridge first, then slowly build walls one by one following the edge. As long there's a wall next it will act as support.)

-4 Noble Demand - Dragon Bone Cabinet
Man thats unfair. There was no indication of the mandate, nor proof that the bones was destroyed (remember, the dragon was ABOVE the floor)
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2010, 10:32:29 pm »

Step one: Unpause the game
Step Two: Watch in horror as the booze falls into the lava because the game does not work like that.

Yeah bridges cant hold up constructions on their own... I tried this once and failed  :'(
Huh. Well I know they can hold up other bridges... If they can't hold up other constructions, then my bad.

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 08:24:41 am »

1. using left bridge, fire several armored axedwarves at the left eagle. then lower bridge again.
2. do the same on the right.
3. wait for both eagles to die by axedwarf
4. build stairs/walls/floors up and over to the booze stockpile to resupport it.
5. Drink!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 02:51:13 pm »

No sir - the rules are very clear - the game follows the Dwarf Fortress physics.

Bridges can't act as support- you need to build walls around them to you can build more.
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2010, 03:07:06 pm »

No sir - the rules are very clear - the game follows the Dwarf Fortress physics.

Bridges can't act as support- you need to build walls around them to you can build more.
Okay, I just loaded up DF and tried it.

Bridges can support other constructions, including floors, walls and other bridges. Wall and floors seem to immediately collapse after being built, though for some reason the game still lets you build them. Bridges supported by other bridges don't collapse for some reason. Anyway, in the interests of moving on, I guess I'll judge now, even though there is very few entries and none that really stand out.

Urist Imiknorris: +1 Axes are Dwarfy Bonus, +1 Shiny Blue Stuff Bonus
Sarvesh Mossbeard: +1 Axes are Dwarfy Bonus, +2 Monumental Construction Bonus
Aklyon: +1 Axes are Dwarfy Bonus, -1 Dwarven Injury Penalty

Sarvesh wins.

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 07:31:48 pm »

Gamemaster's Riddle:

Damn the King! When he mandated us to dig that treasure room last month, I knew something was up!
At first I thought he'd use it to showcase his runt's newly crafted artifact, but instead he confiscated my last barrel of moonshine.
Now list... Yes, it is elven, and yes, its damn great booze. Now shut up and listen.

The treasure room was dug past the workshops, beyond the arena, near the magma pipe. When you comes at the noble's quarters, turn right. A guard is standing duty by order of the king, but he's on my payroll! Still, I can't use him to do it- it'll be too obvious. There is two floodgates replacing what should been doors. The stockpile is divided by a lava moat, linked only by a five-foot large natural bridge.

There is pressure plates and weapon traps placed all over, thankfully I know exactly where they are.
I wouldn't recommand digging anywhere near the treasure room, the walls are warmer than usual.
The floors all been smoothed out, at the request of the king, so you won't find any spare stone within.
Be careful Urist. I've got no idea what modifications the king installed since then, and I'm pretty sure he moved that Dragon we captured a year ago.

Suceed, and your reward will be a better refurnished room, along with a fair share of Moonshine AND economic immunity. Fail me, and I'll have you assigned to the next trading caravan. To Moonshire. Yes, there! Punishement? Don't be silly. This isn't theft, merely a game between two nobles. He double-goblin dared me to get it back. And you can't bring more dwarves into this!

Winning Condition
-You have one dwarf. One. Its a peasant, dabbling in masonry, with no skills in mechanics. He must survive.
-There is one barrel of Moonshine. To win, it must be hauled out.
-You cannot disable nor deconstruct traps
-Forbidden Raws: [TRAPAVOID][SPEED:]
-You have access to all resources from the fortress. There is no adamantine.
-You cannot dig the walls - doing so will flood the room with magma.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 07:41:07 pm by Sarvesh Mossbeard »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2010, 07:51:57 pm »

and thus the difficult challenges begin.

I'll edit this later when i've got an idea.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2010, 08:17:53 pm »

Access to all resources of the fortress?

A relatively simple way to do it seems to build a single floor spanning the magma moat, then move diagonally to avoid the traps and collect the booze. Of course, that's not nearly dwarfy enough.

Lawton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2010, 08:27:13 pm »

Collect the various hordes of animals from the rest of the fortress and release them into the chamber, until you are left with a heavily wounded or weak unit to kill, and all the traps are jammed with bodies. Then walk in and take the booze, ignoring the corpse coated floor. Hold a victory feast with the bodies.

Sarvesh Mossbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2010, 09:05:00 pm »

Collect the various hordes of animals from the rest of the fortress and release them into the chamber, until you are left with a heavily wounded or weak unit to kill, and all the traps are jammed with bodies. Then walk in and take the booze, ignoring the corpse coated floor. Hold a victory feast with the bodies.

They release the Dragon. Dragonbreath kills them all and destroy the booze. Game. Set. Annnnd Match.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2010, 09:53:51 pm »

Mod dwarf to have slade skin, bones, flesh, etc. Walk diagonally as follows:

walking right through the weapon trap.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 09:56:08 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7