Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: RTD: Hell Desk  (Read 43980 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Hell Desk
« Reply #375 on: September 10, 2010, 10:02:12 pm »

How much power does Frelock's multifunction thingy hold anyway?

Nearly didn't see this you sneaky fiend.

Not sure; you have it listed down as 35,000.  When I get some more time, I might look through the previous turns to check it out.

Search the web for some really powerful computer banks nearby (within 1 Mm)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 10, 2010, 10:06:55 pm »

What did I even do, i'm not sure....

Fiddle around with mah lazer, seeing if I can tune it to allow for a tiny lazer with intense heat.

As opposed to?!?

Almost forgot. Fiddle around with mah lazer, seeing if I can tune it to allow for a tiny lazer with intense heat. Whilst driving with one hand.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 10, 2010, 10:09:13 pm »

What did I even do, i'm not sure....

Fiddle around with mah lazer, seeing if I can tune it to allow for a tiny lazer with intense heat.

As opposed to?!?

Almost forgot. Fiddle around with mah lazer, seeing if I can tune it to allow for a tiny lazer with intense heat. Whilst driving with one hand.

It already is though. It can't be anything else. It's a tiny beam that makes shit get really hot. You could put a lens in front of it to make the beam bigger, but then it'd just be a red/infrared flashlight.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 10, 2010, 10:11:41 pm »

I'm talking minute. Like.... Almost like an engraving laser size.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 10, 2010, 10:30:53 pm »

I'm talking minute. Like.... Almost like an engraving laser size.

What exactly do you plan to do with this laser? I doubt you'd be giving me anything that specific without a plan in mind...

Alright, I like plans...
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 11, 2010, 01:29:01 am »

Mess with any signs/pedestrians we drive past with my powers as we head to our destination.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 11, 2010, 10:23:33 pm »

You didn't list my grenades.

Modify my useless jetpack into a generic launcher that can launch practically anything close to grenade-sized.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 21, 2010, 12:46:25 pm »

Qwertyuiopas: >Capacitor bank + Radium Cell = +100/turn
Frelock: Search the web for some really powerful computer banks nearby (within 1 Mm)
Nuker: Fiddle around with mah lazer, seeing if I can tune it to allow for a tiny lazer with intense heat.
Flintus: Mess with any signs/pedestrians we drive past with my powers as we head to our destination.
Toaster: Modify my useless jetpack into a generic launcher that can launch practically anything close to grenade-sized.

Qwertyuiopas: 4

You wire your radium cell to your capacitor bank. The capacitors are heating up, but they don't seem to have too much trouble abosorbing the power. You're going to have to disconnect it after a few turns though, otherwise the capacitors will blow up.

Frelock: 3

You use your phone browser to locate institutions nearby that should have large amounts of computing power available to them. Actually... Might as well just head to the top.
You order the vehicle's navigational computer to take you to Los Alamos National Laboratory.

Nuker: 2

You cannot do anything with your laser rifle in the car. It is a very delicate piece of machinery.

Flintus: 5

You wiggle a few roadsigns around and even uproot a few. After a while, you manage to figure out how to strip the paint from them as they pass.
You gain PSI skill.

Toaster: 4

You make the jetpack into a compressed air cannon. It needs compressed gas to function, though. You can also use it as a sort of explosive flamethrower when loaded with flammable gasses.

Power:

Capacitor Bank (Qwertyuiopas)
100/100,000 units (12v,capacitor,leaks 10,000 units/turn)
Can charge from AC power.

Lightweight Exoskeleton (Toaster)
950/1000 units (12V, rechargable)
Nuclear battery, +50 units per turn

Laser Rifle (Nuker)
2,000 units (24V, rechargable)

Radium Cell (NoctisVampire)
Practically infinite, 200 units available (12V)

Radium Cell (Qwertyuiopas)
Practically infinite, 100 units available (12V)

Flashlight (Noctis)
495 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

Flashlight (Toaster)
495 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Frelock)
49 units (1 AA rechargeable, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Nuker)
49 units (1 AA rechargeable, 1.5V)

Multifunction Calculator & Battery Charger (Frelock)

Not connected to AC power.
35,000 units, (Rechargeable, 12V)
Nuclear battery, +500 units per turn

Ammo:

Grenades(Toaster)
5 Handheld fragmentation grenades.

Rocket Lawnchair (Nuker)
5 HE rockets (+2 HE)
2 Armor Piercing rockets (+2 AP)
1 Oxidizing rockets (+2 against machines)
2 Gas rockets (Instakill on organics if hit, 5m radius, lasts for 2 turns outdoors, 4 turns indoors)
2 "Dirty" rockets (Gives radiation poisoning, 20m radius, adds 3 grays per second to area)
2 Chlorine Triflouride rockets (25m radius, instakill, lasts for 10 turns, destroys landscape)
3 Flammable Gas Rockets (10m radius, engulfs entire area in flames, lasts for 2 turns)
3 Flame-Supressant Rockets (3m radius, +1 cold, +2 flame-supressant, destroys fire)

Glock 25 (Flintus)
20 mags

Walther P99 (Flintus)
3 mags with 9 bullets each

Flamethrower(Qwertyuiopas)
1 canister with 3 turns of fuel
4 canisters with 4 turns of fuel

Health:

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, hand-crank recharger, solar recharger, enormous knife-thing.
+1 Hardware & Network maintenance
+1 Basic Electronics and Soldering
+1 Improvisation
Power Armor (+1 to lifting, renders limb breakage irrelevant, non-AP projectiles autofail)
Armor-mounted minigun (Automatic weapon, roll five times. Consumes 100 units of power & 1/2 turn to spin up. )
Electromagnet attachments (Allows climbing metal walls at the cost of 400 units of power per meter, +1 to lifting metal objects)

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, LV3 LART, power drill, cat5, jar of thermite, speaker wire, compu-helmet, lightweight exoskeleton, air cannon.
+1 Programming/scripting
+3 Observance (+1 without helmet)
+1 Melee weapons (Includes Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool)
+1 Dodge/Travel
+1 Pain Resistance

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife(capable of forming any implement the size of a shortsword), radium cell, Blaster Bomb Launcher, 10 bombs.
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Universal Screwdriver, very old label maker, 20 meters of steel cable, cyborg implants, pointy bit of circut board, Glock 25, 20 Glock 25 mags, sonic b@z00ka, super-PSI-booster, 5 adrenaline hypos.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Hardware and network maintenance
+1 Handguns
-1 Movement/Dodge
+1 blade resistance, blunt resistance (chest, legs).
+1 unauthorized data access
+1 attacking Migasoft robots
+1 PSI Powers
+1 Drug Resistance

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, medkit, Anarchist's Home Companion (+1 to explosives mixing), laser rifle, rocket launcher(with scope), various rockets, steel gauntlets.

+1 Hardware & network maintenance
+1 Programing/scripting
+1 Basic Electronics & Soldering
+2 Basic Chemistry

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver, radium cell, napalm flamethrower, 5 canisters, flaregun, gasmask.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Hardware & network maintenance (comes with a Universal Screwdriver)
+1 Improvisation (includes Futuristic Swiss Army Knife)
Leg broken, using external support.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 21, 2010, 03:21:05 pm »

Use compu-helmet to tune into any radio signals that would give a clue as to what's going on right now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #384 on: September 21, 2010, 05:08:19 pm »

>Find some sort of cooling system for the capacitors.

If I can get it to the point where it can fully charge in 5 turns or less, does not explode from maintaining full charge, and retains it's max charge, it will be very useful. Even if I don't have a use for it at first, I could loan it to Frelock...
Eh?
Eh!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 21, 2010, 06:58:14 pm »

>Find some sort of cooling system for the capacitors.

If I can get it to the point where it can fully charge in 5 turns or less, does not explode from maintaining full charge, and retains it's max charge, it will be very useful. Even if I don't have a use for it at first, I could loan it to Frelock...

Of course it will be useful, that's why I can't let you have it. I intended for the capacitor bank to serve as a water bucket of sorts, for solving puzzles. That's why it looses so much charge every turn.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 21, 2010, 09:00:15 pm »

Oh boy, puzzles.

Use phone browser again to get news; who's firing these nukes, where are they targeting, and why are they doing this?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2010, 09:54:03 pm »

kick back and relax untill we arrive somewhere.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 21, 2010, 10:20:34 pm »

Oh boy, puzzles.

Use phone browser again to get news; who's firing these nukes, where are they targeting, and why are they doing this?

From where? Wikipedia?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 21, 2010, 10:50:10 pm »

Damn it, try one more time to rig the laser up.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32