Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: RTD: Hell Desk  (Read 43958 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: Hell Desk
« Reply #390 on: September 22, 2010, 04:49:57 pm »

Toaster: Use compu-helmet to tune into any radio signals that would give a clue as to what's going on right now.
Qwertyuiopas: Find some sort of cooling system for the capacitors.
Frelock: Use phone browser again to get news; who's firing these nukes, where are they targeting, and why are they doing this?
Flintus: kick back and relax untill we arrive somewhere.
Nuker: Damn it, try one more time to rig the laser up.

Toaster: 6

You fiddle with your helmet's software a little. It now has EM-spectrum visual and audio capabilities, like Geordi LaForge's visor. You can't discern anything useful from the radio signals bouncing around though.

Qwertyuiopas: [No]

In the car? You haven't got any parts.

Frelock: 5

You get on IRC.

megadork230000: "Oh come on. Ailens? Seriously?"
st@rwars_fan327671337819: "yeha. i mean, where else are these nukes coming from? the russians? they're getting hit too"
vladmirator777: "And so is everyone."

Apparently, someone has tracked the nuclear launches back to what appears to be an ailen spacecraft orbiting the earth. Interesting...

Flintus: 6

You relax in such an obcenely relaxing state of relaxation it is just effing silly.

Nuker:

No.

Text:

The vehicle arrives in the parking lot.

Power:

Capacitor Bank (Qwertyuiopas)
200/100,000 units (12v,capacitor,leaks 10,000 units/turn)
Can charge from AC power.

Lightweight Exoskeleton (Toaster)
1000/1000 units (12V, rechargable)
Nuclear battery, +50 units per turn

Laser Rifle (Nuker)
2,000 units (24V, rechargable)

Radium Cell (NoctisVampire)
Practically infinite, 200 units available (12V)

Radium Cell (Qwertyuiopas)
Practically infinite, 100 units available (12V)

Flashlight (Noctis)
495 units (2 D-cells, 1.5V)

Flashlight (Toaster)

ColdHeat (Frelock)
49 units (1 AA rechargeable, 1.5V)

ColdHeat (Nuker)

Multifunction Calculator & Battery Charger (Frelock)

Not connected to AC power.
35,000/35,000 units, (Rechargeable, 12V)
Nuclear battery, +500 units per turn

Ammo:

Grenades(Toaster)
5 Handheld fragmentation grenades.

Rocket Lawnchair (Nuker)
5 HE rockets (+2 HE)
2 Armor Piercing rockets (+2 AP)
1 Oxidizing rockets (+2 against machines)
2 Gas rockets (Instakill on organics if hit, 5m radius, lasts for 2 turns outdoors, 4 turns indoors)
2 "Dirty" rockets (Gives radiation poisoning, 20m radius, adds 3 grays per second to area)
2 Chlorine Triflouride rockets (25m radius, instakill, lasts for 10 turns, destroys landscape)
3 Flammable Gas Rockets (10m radius, engulfs entire area in flames, lasts for 2 turns)
3 Flame-Supressant Rockets (3m radius, +1 cold, +2 flame-supressant, destroys fire)

Glock 25 (Flintus)
20 mags

Walther P99 (Flintus)
3 mags with 9 bullets each

Flamethrower(Qwertyuiopas)
1 canister with 3 turns of fuel
4 canisters with 4 turns of fuel

Health:

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, hand-crank recharger, solar recharger, enormous knife-thing.
+1 Hardware & Network maintenance
+1 Basic Electronics and Soldering
+1 Improvisation
Power Armor (+1 to lifting, renders limb breakage irrelevant, non-AP projectiles autofail)
Armor-mounted minigun (Automatic weapon, roll five times. Consumes 100 units of power & 1/2 turn to spin up. )
Electromagnet attachments (Allows climbing metal walls at the cost of 400 units of power per meter, +1 to lifting metal objects)

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, LV3 LART, power drill, cat5, jar of thermite, speaker wire, compu-helmet, lightweight exoskeleton, air cannon.
+1 Programming/scripting
+3 Observance (+1 without helmet)
+1 Melee weapons (Includes Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool)
+1 Dodge/Travel
+1 Pain Resistance

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife(capable of forming any implement the size of a shortsword), radium cell, Blaster Bomb Launcher, 10 bombs.
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Universal Screwdriver, very old label maker, 20 meters of steel cable, cyborg implants, pointy bit of circut board, Glock 25, 20 Glock 25 mags, sonic b@z00ka, super-PSI-booster, 5 adrenaline hypos.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Hardware and network maintenance
+1 Handguns
-1 Movement/Dodge
+1 blade resistance, blunt resistance (chest, legs).
+1 unauthorized data access
+1 attacking Migasoft robots
+1 PSI Powers
+1 Drug Resistance

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, medkit, Anarchist's Home Companion (+1 to explosives mixing), laser rifle, rocket launcher(with scope), various rockets, steel gauntlets.

+1 Hardware & network maintenance
+1 Programing/scripting
+1 Basic Electronics & Soldering
+2 Basic Chemistry

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver, radium cell, napalm flamethrower, 5 canisters, flaregun, gasmask.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Hardware & network maintenance (comes with a Universal Screwdriver)
+1 Improvisation (includes Futuristic Swiss Army Knife)
Leg broken, using external support.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 22, 2010, 08:39:15 pm »

Get out of the car and look around a bit.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #392 on: September 22, 2010, 11:47:20 pm »

>Look for anything interesting just lying around.
Eh?
Eh!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 23, 2010, 12:15:22 pm »

Go inside and find a place to plug ADALF in.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 23, 2010, 03:22:16 pm »

Go inside and look for a map.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 24, 2010, 02:07:07 am »

Hum to myself and see if I can do any upgrades to the "Rocket Lawnchair".

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 02, 2010, 08:26:15 pm »

Flintus: Get out of the car and look around a bit.
Qwertyuiopas: Look for anything interesting just lying around.
Frelock: Go inside and find a place to plug ADALF in.
Toaster: Go inside and look for a map.
Nuker: Hum to myself and see if I can do any upgrades to the "Rocket Lawnchair".

Flintus: 4

You look around. The area is deserted. No cars, no nothing. Just a big-ass laboratory.

Qwertyuiopas: 2

You find nothing. Seriously, what would be "lying around" in the parking lot?

Frelock: 2

You skate in and plug Adalf's autohacker in to various terminals. Apparently, it can't get through the firewalls. You're going to have to find the main security office and plug it in there.

Toaster: 2

You find no map.

Nuker: 6

You waltz in and have a look around. You find some radioactive materials and decide to make some dirty rockets. NOW I'M RADIOACTIVE! THAT CAN'T BE GOOD!

Power:

300/100,000 units (12v,capacitor,leaks 10,000 units/turn)

Laser Rifle (Nuker)

Flashlight (Noctis)

Flashlight (Toaster)

ColdHeat (Frelock)

ColdHeat (Nuker)

Ammo:

Grenades(Toaster)

Rocket Lawnchair (Nuker)
5 HE rockets (+2 HE)
2 Gas rockets (Instakill on organics if hit, 5m radius, lasts for 2 turns outdoors, 4 turns indoors)
6 "Dirty" rockets (Gives radiation poisoning, 20m radius, adds 3 grays per second to area)
2 Chlorine Triflouride rockets (25m radius, instakill, lasts for 10 turns, destroys landscape)
3 Flammable Gas Rockets (10m radius, engulfs entire area in flames, lasts for 2 turns)
3 Flame-Supressant Rockets (3m radius, +1 cold, +2 flame-supressant, destroys fire)

Glock 25 (Flintus)
20 mags

Walther P99 (Flintus)

Health:

Inventory:

Frelock: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, multifunction calculator/battery charger, Swiss Army Knife, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, hand-crank recharger, solar recharger, enormous knife-thing.
+1 Improvisation
Power Armor (+1 to lifting, renders limb breakage irrelevant, non-AP projectiles autofail)
Armor-mounted minigun (Automatic weapon, roll five times. Consumes 100 units of power & 1/2 turn to spin up. )
Electromagnet attachments (Allows climbing metal walls at the cost of 400 units of power per meter, +1 to lifting metal objects)
Armor-mounted ion thrusters (Allows flight, costs 50,000 units of power to thrust upward, 25,000 units to hover in the air stationary, and 10,000 units to fall slowly)

Toaster: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, LV3 LART, power drill, cat5, jar of thermite, speaker wire, compu-helmet, lightweight exoskeleton, air cannon.
+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Dodge/Travel
+1 Pain Resistance

NoctisVampire: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife(capable of forming any implement the size of a shortsword), radium cell, Blaster Bomb Launcher, 10 bombs.
+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

Flintus10: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Walther P99, Universal Screwdriver, very old label maker, 20 meters of steel cable, cyborg implants, pointy bit of circut board, Glock 25, 20 Glock 25 mags, sonic b@z00ka, super-PSI-booster, 5 adrenaline hypos.
+1 Lockpicking
+1 Handguns
-1 Movement/Dodge
+1 PSI Powers
+1 Drug Resistance

Nuker w: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, ColdHeat, Battery, Universal Screwdriver, medkit, Anarchist's Home Companion (+1 to explosives mixing), laser rifle, rocket launcher(with scope), various rockets, steel gauntlets.

+1 Programing/scripting
+2 Basic Chemistry

Qwertyuiopas: Tie, Cellphone, Two pens, Swiss Army Knife, Universal Screwdriver, radium cell, napalm flamethrower, 5 canisters, flaregun, gasmask.
+1 Programming/scripting
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 02, 2010, 08:50:11 pm »

Explore around a bit; see if I can't find that main security terminal.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 02, 2010, 10:02:09 pm »

Hack in to a terminal and gain access to nuclear launch codes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 03, 2010, 02:03:41 am »

Try again to modify my laser to be the size of a diamond cutter.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 03, 2010, 03:52:03 am »

Try again to modify my laser to be the size of a diamond cutter.

Does being radioactive mean nothing to you?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 03, 2010, 06:13:44 am »

Oh hell. I didn't see it on my spec sheet, so I thought it was a joke.  ::) God i'm slow.

STOP DROP AND ROLL. STOP DROP AND ROLL. I take that back, DO SOMETHING THAT WILL GET RID OF IT... Even though technicaly I can't.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 03, 2010, 09:12:33 am »

Kick down the lab door and use my mind powers on anything even remotely hostile.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 05, 2010, 01:22:48 am »

Frelock: Explore around a bit; see if I can't find that main security terminal.
Toaster: Hack in to a terminal and gain access to nuclear launch codes.
Nuker W: STOP DROP AND ROLL. STOP DROP AND ROLL. I take that back, DO SOMETHING THAT WILL GET RID OF IT... Even though technicaly I can't.
Flintus: Kick down the lab door and use my mind powers on anything even remotely hostile.

Frelock: 4

You locate the main security terminal. Excellent. You plug Adalf's autohacker in.

Adalf: "Excellent timing. There's more than enough enough space for... Never mind. I would have expected our enemy to have hijacked this computer system by now. I suppose it must have been unable to penetrate the base's security. The amount of data contained here is amazing. Hmm..."
Adalf: "I'd like you to stay here for the moment, I have work to do... Goddamnit."

An alarm blares.

Adalf: "It appears we're not the only intruders in this facility. Mister Flintus appears to have discovered something nasty."

Toaster: 4

You gain knowledge of (very few) Nuclear Launch Codes!
123456? That sounds like the sort of code an idiot would use on his luggage!

Nuker: 2

You proceed to the eye wash and shower station. Fat lot of good that's going to do, but at least your eyes are clean.

Flintus: 1 (I love how the rolls worked out perfectly for me here.)

RAAAHOOOSHIIIT

You enter one of the largest secure goverment research facilities in the United States and immediately start kicking down doors.

You come across a warehouse containing approximately three hundred robots of varying design. They appear to be working on a device of some kind. Or at least they were.

BOSS BATTLE: ROBOMOB

The robomob attacks!

Roll to dodge: 6-1=5

Flintus jumps on top of a large industrial robot and hangs on for dear life as it tries to shake him off.

Flintus attacks!
Roll for damage: 5+1+1=7!
HMMMMMGGGGGGG

Flintus tenses his chest muscles and diaphragm, forcing all his blood into his brain. He concentrates with all his might...
Many of the robots begin shaking violently, some being forcefully torn apart! The ocillation rends them apart! Extremely severe damage has been dealt to the robots immediately surrounding Flintus.

Flintus passes out from exertion.

Power:

0/100,000 units (12v,capacitor,leaks 10,000 units/turn)

Laser Rifle (Nuker)

Flashlight (Noctis)

Flashlight (Toaster)

ColdHeat (Frelock)

ColdHeat (Nuker)

Ammo:

Grenades(Toaster)

Rocket Lawnchair (Nuker)
5 HE rockets (+2 HE)
6 "Dirty" rockets (Gives radiation poisoning, 20m radius, adds 3 grays per second to area)

Glock 25 (Flintus)
20 mags

Walther P99 (Flintus)

Health:

Inventory:

+1 Improvisation
Armor-mounted ion thrusters (Allows flight, costs 50,000 units of power to thrust upward, 25,000 units to hover in the air stationary, and 10,000 units to fall slowly)

+1 Programming/scripting
+1 Dodge/Travel
+1 Pain Resistance
Knows Nuclear Launch Codes.

+1 Programming/Scripting
+1 Improvisation
+1 Charisma/personality

+1 Lockpicking
+1 Handguns
-1 Movement/Dodge
+1 PSI Powers
+1 Drug Resistance

Unconcious.

+1 Programing/scripting
+2 Basic Chemistry

+1 Programming/scripting

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 05, 2010, 01:48:38 am »

Have an out of body experience
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32