Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Cops burn and kill a 7-year-old girl while being filmed by a reality show  (Read 6936 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will not hear a word against Koalas. I WILL NOT HEAR OF IT.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

That's not the police covering it up, that's the public moving on. Two different things.
I dont think you get it. Who's stopping them from covering it up?
The fact that we're talking about it for one. The fact that it's on the news for another. I think it's a little late for coverups, since it's already out there. You can't stop people from remembering or assume they'll all forget. I still remember about the police killing that man in Britain and I can dredge up a link and video if you want me to.
people who watch the news will forget as soon as the next celebrity dies and the few that remember dont matter. So what if you have a video of the police killing a man? You could show it to everyone you know and it makes no diffrence.

Also? Things on the internet stay on the internet. This is something that governments have yet to grasp.
Not in real life they dont.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But, and this is important, I'm not saying that the police don't cover things up. That's impossible to prove. I'm saying that this:
The police can cover up whatever the hell they want. What's going to stop them?
Is wrong. They cannot cover up everything, and a good argument against your point is that they didn't cover up this. It'll be on the net forever, whether or not people forget about it. I think the most important thing to realize here is that people forgetting about an incident =/= a police cover up, unless the police have magical forget lasers they can apply to everyone in the world.

See, the problem with such a massively sweeping statement like "the police can cover up whatever the hell they want" is that one scenario where the police fail to cover up a crime (like this one) immediately disproves you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 10:21:39 pm by Jackrabbit »

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

This thread is half angry discussion, half spam.

It has achieved perfect harmony.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

But, and this is important, I'm not saying that the police don't cover things up. That's impossible to prove. I'm saying that this:
Is wrong. They cannot cover up everything, and a good argument against your point is that they didn't cover up this. It'll be on the net forever, whether or not people forget about it. I think the most important thing to realize here is that people forgetting about an incident =/= a police cover up, unless the police have magical forget lasers they can apply to everyone in the world.

See, the problem with such a massively sweeping statement like "the police can cover up whatever the hell they want" is that one scenario where the police fail to cover up a crime (like this one) immediately disproves you.
Alright. The police covering it up might have been a bad way to put it. It's more like murdering people, lieing about it, and getting off scott free.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I do agree that that happens too often.

And with that, the matter is settled.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Alright. The police covering it up might have been a bad way to put it. It's more like murdering people, lieing about it, and getting off scott free.

Well, it's all Scott's fucking fault then. Someone hunt him down.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

This just goes to show, some people shouldnt be trusted with power of any sort.

Especially stuff like this, whouldnt the Rozzers have known better? Seriously, what were they trying to DO?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile

The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Firehound

• Bay Watcher
  • !!human!!
    • View Profile

I am caught here. In many cases, I have to say cops are too much on the leash, but in cases like this, assuming everything is true, the cops were well past the line here. They shouldn't of randomly fired, be it because they got jostled, he heard something, or because Joe Mctriggerhappy fired before his brain identified the target as a little girl. The excuse isn't here. The cop deserves the book thrown at him.

I will say that many of the TV shows with swat and SRT have flashbangs, which like said earlier, can set stuff on fire. I can't blame them entirely for the blaze, but to shoot like that, is unacceptable.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]