Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Cops burn and kill a 7-year-old girl while being filmed by a reality show  (Read 6939 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/18/detroit.police.shooting/index.html?hpt=T2
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20005157-504083.html
Attorney Geoffrey Fieger said members of the Detroit Police Special Response Team acted out of line when they conducted a raid on the family home of Aiyana Jones, who was severely burned and then killed by an officer's bullet. She died Sunday...

A lawyer for the family of 7-year-old Aiyana Jones, who was shot and killed during a police raid at their Detroit home Sunday morning, believes the police operation was flawed and heavily influenced by camera crews who were filming the raid for A&E's crime show "The First 48," according to a published report...

"It's worse than that," Fieger said. "It shows this in the video. There's a gentleman by the name of Mr. Robinson who lives in the home. He was out walking his dogs when they arrived. They took him and threw him to the ground and stood on his neck. He said, 'There are children living in the home. There are children in the home.' And just after that they walk up on the porch and throw an incendiary grenade into it. So it's worse than even you know."

Even though a no-knock search warrant allowed police to search both apartments, Mitchell told The Detroit News the police "were excited; they were on TV...They didn't have to throw a grenade through the front window when they knew there were children in there."
While carrying out a no-knock warrant, murderous and trigger-happy swine first burn a seven-year-old girl with a flash-bang grenade, then kill her by wildly shooting from outside the house.  Evidence indicates that they were showing off for the television cameras. Since there is apparently unreleased video evidence (from the filming crew) there is a distant possibility that the pigs in question may at least lose their job over this, but as a rule there are rarely repercussions for these botched raids--if the swine got away with a paid-suspension slap-on-the-wrist it would be utterly unremarkable. 

my favorite part:
(Police Chief) Godbee has said he doesn't know how Fieger saw the video, according to WDIV.
"If Mr. Fieger has access to anything that would be evidence in this case, he should, as an officer of the court, get it immediately to the Michigan State Police, which will be investigating," he said in a statement.

chief pig is more worried about citizens with evidence than he is about the murder of a 7-year-old
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:42:38 pm by nil »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

but it's the TERRORISTS you should REALLY be afraid of

edit: if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear, unlike this hardened criminal:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:39:27 pm by nil »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Meh, when you give people power and the ability to pretty much shirk the law of course they're gonna abuse it. Remember the Stanford prison experiment?

Although calling them "pigs" doesn't help your case.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud

Calling anyone that does this a 'pig' is being generous, regardless of their affiliation.

Disgusting.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

I think the investigation "Chief pig" is referring to is an investigation of "why the fuck did you shoot a little girl".
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Calling anyone that does this a 'pig' is being generous, regardless of their affiliation.

Disgusting.
I know, but it's like pointing to a group of anti-white black men who murdered a white man and calling them the N word. It kinda undermines the objectiveness of your view point.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

I think the investigation "Chief pig" is referring to is an investigation of "why the fuck did you shoot a little girl".
If there is anything resembling a vigorous investigation with significant consequences (especially if the media doesn't put any pressure on the force) I'll dutifully eat my words.  I hope and doubt that I'll be wrong.

And yes, I'm using inflammatory language.  As far as I'm concerned it's undeniably accurate here, however: when police officers act like police officers I call them police officers, but when a pig acts like a pig I call him or her a dirty fucking pig.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I object to calling them pigs, mostly because I came into this thread expecting a darkly humorous WTF story about swine causing some terrible accident.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

If there is anything resembling a vigorous investigation with significant consequences (especially if the media doesn't put any pressure on the force) I'll dutifully eat my words.  I hope and doubt that I'll be wrong.

And yes, I'm using inflammatory language.  As far as I'm concerned it's undeniably accurate here, however: when police officers act like police officers I call them police officers, but when a pig acts like a pig I call him or her a dirty fucking pig.

Okay, I just reread your OP and saw something I missed the first time.

They stood on Mr. Robinson's neck. FUCK THAT.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

I know, but it's like pointing to a group of anti-white black men who murdered a white man and calling them the N word. It kinda undermines the objectiveness of your view point.
Except that police officers are a legally privileged profession people freely choose to be a part of instead of a from-birth condition associated with centuries of informal and de jure oppression.  At worst "pig" is a slur on the same tier as "honky."

Although I'll admit to being relatively subjective and emotional when it comes to pigs killing little girls.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud

Thankfully there are some officers that would agree, very sadly, with your sentiment. Always keep that in mind. There need to be more checks, but the very fact that most people loathe this sort of abuse of power means there are very likely people going into the force all the time that feel the same.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

I came into this thread expecting a darkly humorous WTF story about swine causing some terrible accident.
This.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

I came into this thread expecting a darkly humorous WTF story about swine causing some terrible accident.
This.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

Thankfully there are some officers that would agree, very sadly, with your sentiment. Always keep that in mind. There need to be more checks, but the very fact that most people loathe this sort of abuse of power means there are very likely people going into the force all the time that feel the same.
It is basically always a good idea to treat police respectfully in person because it makes it far less likely that you will get arrested for no reason.  As a white upper-middle-class guy I've had a number of very pleasant experiences with police officers (more true of some departments than others, granted), and some of these were probably due to the officer in question being a decent person.  But that doesn't change the fact that there is something deeply wrong with the law enforcement system in America--it is not just a few bad apples.

Fresh from AP:
Police have said officers threw a flash grenade through the first-floor window of the two-family home, and that an officer's gun discharged, killing the girl, during a struggle or after colliding with the girl's grandmother inside the home.

But Fieger said the video shows an officer lobbing the grenade and then shooting into the home from the porch.

"There is no question about what happened because it's in the videotape," Fieger said. "It's not an accident. It's not a mistake. There was no altercation."

"Aiyana Jones was shot from outside on the porch. The videotape shows clearly the officer throwing through the window a stun grenade-type explosive and then within milliseconds of throwing that, firing a shot from outside the home," he said.

A&E spokesman Dan Silberman said neither he nor anyone else from the network would comment about the case, and he denied a request by The Associated Press for the footage.

Detroit police were trying to obtain the film crew's footage, Assistant Chief Ralph Godbee said Monday.

Fieger said the investigation into what happened during the raid "needed to go no further than the videotape."

"The videotape shows clearly that the assistant police chief and the officers on the scene are engaging in an intentional cover up of the events," Fieger said. He said more than one camera was recording at the scene, and that the footage includes sound.

edit:
I object to calling them pigs, mostly because I came into this thread expecting a darkly humorous WTF story about swine causing some terrible accident.
Can't argue with this, thread title changed.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:43:59 pm by nil »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9