Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Cops burn and kill a 7-year-old girl while being filmed by a reality show  (Read 6944 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ignore Bandages. Being wrong is nothing to be ashamed of provided you realize your mistake and can admit it to at least yourself.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, I was wrong to make fun of Jackrabbit's point. :(

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HAHAHA YOU WERE WRONG THAT IS SO LAME HAHAHA

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's okay, I made fun of you too.

NOW WE ARE EQUALS.

QUICK. LETS MAKE A TWO-MAN VOLTRON

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I AM SO IN

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

That's not the police covering it up, that's the public moving on. Two different things.
I dont think you get it. Who's stopping them from covering it up?

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have really lightened up this thread about the slaughter of a young child.

Feels good, man.

EDIT: oh nevermind more srs and drama. I'll just be over here till it's over.

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's not the police covering it up, that's the public moving on. Two different things.
Well, possibly the video floating around the internet on this minor news site called CNN that shows the police chief admitting that they shot the girl.
Could be a slight hindrance.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:25:43 pm by Rotten »
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fact that we're talking about it for one. The fact that it's on the news for another. I think it's a little late for coverups, since it's already out there. You can't stop people from remembering or assume they'll all forget. I still remember about the police killing that man in Britain and I can dredge up a link and video if you want me to.

Also? Things on the internet stay on the internet. This is something that governments have yet to grasp.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

No MetalSlimeHunt, we are not slowly devolving into a police state more and more every day, you said. I have crazy and irrational fear of the good and honest cops, you said. These are isolated incidents, you said. Well, I suppose it dosen't really matter now, does it? I am quite certain the cops in this incident feel very content, knowing they have the protection of their department, and thus the U.S. Government on their side.

Nothing can bring the child back now, but hey, another likely future criminal off the streets for good, right? And after all, it was an accident. The men in question will most likely get paid vacations to deal with their "emotional trauma".

These men are not pigs, however. A pig is capable of being made into ham products, some of the best meat I have ever had. Only homo sapiens is capible of living by only cause pain, and producing nothing. It is a very rare accomplishment. These men need to be charged with Murder in the first degree. How? They clearly planned to enter the house via mass lethal force, knowing all within would be at least badly injured. This constitutes premeditation. Even if that point should be invalid, death was clearly their goal, leaving murder in the second degree wide open. But "should" and "will" are seperate things in the land of the free.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am quite certain the cops in this incident feel very content, knowing they have the protection of their department, and thus the U.S. Government on their side.

Gosh, it's good to know you can still predict the emotional state of a group of people you've never met and know nothing about.

Only homo sapiens is capible of living by only cause pain, and producing nothing. It is a very rare accomplishment.
lolbiologyfail

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

[
Only homo sapiens is capible of living by only cause pain, and producing nothing. It is a very rare accomplishment.
lolbiologyfail

I was going for a metaphoical meaning.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

Lolphilosiphyfail
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn it, ninja'd.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pretty sure the koala is the only other animal that is capible of living by only causing pain, and producing nothing.

I mean, it's a flawed metaphoil, yes. But it still holds true.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9