Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!  (Read 27702 times)

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia Day 1: So it Begins.
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2010, 03:11:59 pm »

That is a paradox. I am scummy because I attack him which makes him scummy which makes me not scummy ect ect ect...

It sounds good and dramatic but you are saying nothing.

Unless you are saying it is scummy to attack scummy people. Is that what you are saying?

Oho. Now who is putting words in the mouth of others?

Regardless, what I am saying is that you are either dangerously presumptuous for a townie - one that I presume would have an actual interest in winning the game as opposed to turning everyone against him - or a horrifically obvious scum, trying to hide in the shadows of your horrifically obvious scumitude. You had no means of knowing either Nuke or Leaf was scum at the bloody beginning of the game, and yet your overactive imagination went and got one of them killed for no other reason than because you had a feeling.

Your constant attempts to play the victim when Nuke was defending himself while you snipped at the non-existent 'buddying' between he and Link turned me against you at first, but the real clincher was the fact that the death of a townie didn't stall your stride in the slightest. You just expressed mild puzzlement at the death of someone else, and attacked Otto. You were wrong in your estimation, and that doesn't even stall you when you move on to your next target. Ergo, you are arrogant.

No just no. Don't insult Web.

He knows how this game works, he is a leader and "the king of the mafia" his quantity may go down because he has no computer but he is not going to "do whatever he feels like doing at the time."

Huh. You are so fond of presuming, aren't you? Ah, well. I'll let it slide. I'm new to this site, so it all likelihood you know web a good deal better than I.

But on the other hand - if he is in fact 'the King of the Mafia' - what makes you think you know him well enough to know when he's scum or when he's a townie? What, exactly, makes you so sure he was a wolf? You say he was budding; but hell, you say that about everybody. You also say Otto claimed he was scum: Otto, the same person you're lobbying to get lynched at this moment.

Besides which, where exactly does he say that web is scum? All web's name has been used for thus far is as a poor attempt to justify a lynch.

And even if Otto did outright say 'Azure/webadict is scum,' how do you know he isn't lying? How do you know he isn't just trying to get me killed with him? How can you justify it? Just on my word against his? Pah.

What? My excuse for what? Not playing the game? I am playing.

Why do you think you're the second most-voted-for-to-die right behind Otto? It sure as hell isn't a sign that you're playing the game well.

Try explaining your own scummy behaviour before you go off attacking whoever looks at you funny. It tends to put people ill at ease.

And arrogant? Where am I being arrogant, the only one here that is arrogant is you.

Incorrect. Why I may have injected a bit too much whimsy into my attacks, yes, I have tried to be candid in parrying any attacks on myself - whether brought on by my predecessor or by my own shortcomings - whilst trying to puzzle out which of you fine gentlemen is, in fact, scum of the earth.

You, on the other hand, appear almost too proud to admit you were wrong about Nuke; or at the very least too proud to let it give you pause for thought. Instead, you just barrelled straight into someone else; someone who, fortunately for yourself, turned out to portray himself about as scummily as you do.

I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you, but you are simply arrogant.

Quote or it did not happen.

Nuke died. I wanted leaf to die.

I have not latched on to anyone until they are dead.

... *ahem*

Quote from: Criptfeind
You want me to die because I am attacking you and another player. That is so scummy it is hilarious.

How is this not attacking you scum bucket? You and leaf are scum in cahoots. You are purposely ignoring and misrepresentation what I am saying and you are calling everyone who attacks you scum well trying to use the chainsaw defense.

Nuke and leaf are freaking out and attacking everybody that even touch the other, they are lying and misinterpreting what I and others are saying just to make others points look less valid.

With little provocation and even less evidence, you launched into a tirade against two other players, which culminated in the death of one - Nuke, who turned out to be a townie.

Now, one would have dared to presume this may have come as a bit of a shock to you. You were, after all, the one whom had so vociferously hounded both from page 5-6 up until nightfall. But this was not so.

Why do you guys think they killed joker?

Fuck I am so confused.

Instead, you wonder about the other guy that was killed instead of pondering on Nuke's innocence - a curiosity all of it's own; makes it look like you were more interested in distancing yourself from his untimely death than you were in your own stupid instigations against a fellow townsman, which merely encourages me to think you are scum - and even have another go at Leaf in the post after. Despite the fact that your argument - he and Nuke were 'scum in cahoots' - had collapsed at a fundamental level.

Then, finally turning away from Leaf with the flimsy justification that 'the werewolves are gonna get him anyway', you go for Otto simply because he wrote down your name in blue. As it turns out, he can't really give a proper explanation for... well, much of anything, really, so you merely got lucky in managing to corner someone who isn't really trying to put up much of a fight.

...I'm hungry, and this post is too long. I'm gonna go make a sandwich.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:18:42 pm by Azure Sepulchre »

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - Day 2: When two tribes go to war...
« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2010, 03:43:48 pm »

Wow. You guys have been hit by flakers really hard.

I've read the thread and have a few suspicions I need to read up on. In the meantime, can we get a Votecount? And maybe start considering an extension?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2010, 03:45:31 pm »

Sure, extend.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 18, 2010, 03:53:21 pm »

Seconded.

...wait, thirded.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2010, 04:11:05 pm »

Extention Granted. Day now ends Wednesday 23rd June 23:00 GMT.
Vote count:
1. Azure Sepulchre
2. GlyphGryph

3. Leafsnail [1] - Ottofar
4. Eduren
5. Blargityblarg

6. Lonewolf I [1] - GlyphGryph
7. Criptfeind [3] - Leafsnail, Toaster, Azure Sepulchre
8. Pimpson
9. Ottofar [3] - Criptfeind, Lonewolf I, Blargityblarg
10. Toaster

Not voting: Eduren, Pimpson.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:37:20 pm by spitfire684 »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2010, 06:48:34 pm »

Extend is good.

Azure, you edited your post. That's against the rules, even if it was just for typos. If people were allowed to edit, scum would remove any scumslips they let through.

I have not latched on to anyone until they are dead.

Wait, what? Do you mean 'I have not latched on to anyone and gotten off before they were dead'? Because otherwise that sentence makes no sense.

Toaster, I am again posting without much time, but you seem to be attacking criptfeind without a response. That's some kind of scumtell, bussing I think, Christ knows Siquo used it to get me killed in BMX. Ottofar remains too damn scummy not to take my vote off of.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2010, 08:09:01 pm »

Although right on wolf being town (but not for your reason, he wants to lynch people from both scum teams. Ie: you and otto) But his logic for that argument depends on me being wrong, if I am town that clears you? I don't think so. Hell even he is not trying to do that for the time being, you are just looking for any reasons to lynch me because, as I say, you don't care of the consequences.
If I don't care of the consequences, why am I getting you lynched?  If I don't care, wouldn't I, y'know, not do anything in particular?

Although, there was indeed a flaw in my reasoning.

So you admitted that you were wrong, oh golly ge willikers! Somehow I don't think that you are going to act on this.
???

Why not, say, FoS the guy you're gonna kill and mislynch the other person?  Look at Ottofar's post again, heh.

Because of two reasons.

One: That's damn stupid, I would not want to be anywhere near the person I know to be scum if I was wolf, unless I though I had a good chance to lynch his, than I would vote him.

Two: As stupid as it is it is also complicated, I don't think that otto would do that with no supervision.
Wait.  You're saying he wouldn't go anywhere near the person he knew to be scum or wolf.

And Ottofar voted me.

And you're saying he knows me to be scum or wolf.

Awesome logic bro.

So, you were expecting something to happen which involving rules you didn't know about.  Yeah right.

What part of almost do you not understand, I thought you would be dead at this point.
[/quote]
Which is why you were trying to lynch me all day?

Anyway, it's also interesting how criptfeind didn't attack webadict's actions until webadict left and became unable to explain or defend them.

Anyway, Azure Sepulchre is almost certainly town.  Although that read might come from the fact that I love his writing style so much.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2010, 08:51:36 pm »

What this is I don't even

It is hard for me to read Azure Sepulchre's and Leafail's posts because of the stupid in the first sentence of each. As of the time of this writing I have not. Lets delve into it to see if they say anything.

That is a paradox.

Oho. Now who is putting words in the mouth of others?

Regardless, what I am saying is that you are either dangerously presumptuous for a townie - one that I presume would have an actual interest in winning the game as opposed to turning everyone against him - or a horrifically obvious scum, trying to hide in the shadows of your horrifically obvious scumitude. You had no means of knowing either Nuke or Leaf was scum at the bloody beginning of the game, and yet your overactive imagination went and got one of them killed for no other reason than because you had a feeling.

Your constant attempts to play the victim when Nuke was defending himself while you snipped at the non-existent 'buddying' between he and Link turned me against you at first, but the real clincher was the fact that the death of a townie didn't stall your stride in the slightest. You just expressed mild puzzlement at the death of someone else, and attacked Otto. You were wrong in your estimation, and that doesn't even stall you when you move on to your next target. Ergo, you are arrogant.

Okay so that clears up several things things.

1: You are saying that you don’t think nuke was scummy day one. This leads me to believe you are just not ready to play mafia, sorry kid, maybe read some other games or wait for your brain to develop more.

2: Two you don’t… ah fuck I don’t know where to even start so much is wrong and the computer I am on is crappy. Nuke was not ‘defending himself’ he was saying “I am not scums because that is how I roles” Almost everything he said was chainsaw of Leaf or OMGUS. So yes that would indeed make me the victim. Although I don’t remember ‘playing the victim’ as you say. Kind sirah how can you not see budding in the first day? Really answer that.

3: Arrogant again. I will have you know that I hemmed and hawed and thought much over the night and part of the day, I just did not say in my first post “I WAS VERY CONFLECTED ABOUT NUKE COMEING UP TOWN.” And you know why? BECAUSE THIS GAME IS A GAMBLE! I gambled that nuke was scum. I lost. The odds were in my favor though because of the way he acted. But you know what I did not want to gamble on nuke, the odds were better on leaf, sadly I was forced to choose between nuke and a gamble that had a Zero percent success.

No just no. Don't insult Web.

Huh. You are so fond of presuming, aren't you? Ah, well. I'll let it slide. I'm new to this site, so it all likelihood you know web a good deal better than I.

But on the other hand - if he is in fact 'the King of the Mafia' - what makes you think you know him well enough to know when he's scum or when he's a townie? What, exactly, makes you so sure he was a wolf? You say he was budding; but hell, you say that about everybody. You also say Otto claimed he was scum: Otto, the same person you're lobbying to get lynched at this moment.

Besides which, where exactly does he say that web is scum? All web's name has been used for thus far is as a poor attempt to justify a lynch.

And even if Otto did outright say 'Azure/webadict is scum,' how do you know he isn't lying? How do you know he isn't just trying to get me killed with him? How can you justify it? Just on my word against his? Pah.

Lot of what looks like purposeful misconstruing, maybe you are an idiot?

I think that Otto=wolf + Otto=Teamed with web/you answers this entire thing.

What? My excuse for what? Not playing the game? I am playing.

Why do you think you're the second most-voted-for-to-die right behind Otto? It sure as hell isn't a sign that you're playing the game well.

Try explaining your own scummy behaviour before you go off attacking whoever looks at you funny. It tends to put people ill at ease.

What do you think I have been doing? Go ahead and find one post of mine that came after someone attacking me and see if I did not ‘Try explaining your own scummy behavior’ also I think I am tied with Otto. (By the way when the only people are vote me are people I think are scum I don’t think I am that bad off. Oh wait toaster is voting me. I forgot to answer his question… ops)

Arrogant

You know what? I don’t think I care if you think I am arrogant.

With little provocation and even less evidence, you launched into a tirade against two other players, which culminated in the death of one - Nuke, who turned out to be a townie.

Instead, you wonder about the other guy that was killed instead of pondering on Nuke's innocence - a curiosity all of it's own; makes it look like you were more interested in distancing yourself from his untimely death than you were in your own stupid instigations against a fellow townsman, which merely encourages me to think you are scum - and even have another go at Leaf in the post after. Despite the fact that your argument - he and Nuke were 'scum in cahoots' - had collapsed at a fundamental level.

Then, finally turning away from Leaf with the flimsy justification that 'the werewolves are gonna get him anyway', you go for Otto simply because he wrote down your name in blue. As it turns out, he can't really give a proper explanation for... well, much of anything, really, so you merely got lucky in managing to corner someone who isn't really trying to put up much of a fight.

...I'm hungry, and this post is too long. I'm gonna go make a sandwich.

So much crap. I think this is all covered already though I attacked Otto for putting leafs name in red. He has yet to defend himself.

Unless you can start reading and having basic understanding of what is happing I really am going to get pissed because of how hard your posts are to slog though.

As for you leaf.

Do you mind if I answer you later? It is a pain to write anything on this computer.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 18, 2010, 10:19:45 pm »

Toaster, I am again posting without much time, but you seem to be attacking criptfeind without a response. That's some kind of scumtell, bussing I think, Christ knows Siquo used it to get me killed in BMX. Ottofar remains too damn scummy not to take my vote off of.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Which of us isn't responding?  To what?

Oh wait toaster is voting me. I forgot to answer his question… ops)

And you still haven't.  Don't forget that when you get to your other computer, or whatever it is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2010, 08:44:06 am »

If a draw occurs, will there be no lynch, or multiple lynched people?

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2010, 08:51:29 am »

No Lynch.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2010, 09:59:33 am »

Azure, you edited your post. That's against the rules, even if it was just for typos. If people were allowed to edit, scum would remove any scumslips they let through.

Ah, fair 'nuth. I figured it was cool to clean up spelling errors before anyone else has posted, so... yeah. Sorry. My bad.

Okay so that clears up several things things.

1: You are saying that you don't think nuke was scummy day one. This leads me to believe you are just not ready to play mafia, sorry kid, maybe read some other games or wait for your brain to develop more.

... *sigh*

Yes, I am saying that Nuke wasn't scummy from day one; and precisely how that can offend you so much is rather beyond me, considering it turned out he wasn't. To me, it appeared that Nuke was testing other people; trying to get a rise out of them, as it were, in an effort to end the random voting stage - or, in other words, it looked like he was trying to do what he said he was trying to do. Except it backfired on him; after which circumstances and the similarity of their detractors forced him and Leaf into attacking each others opponents in an effort to weaken the arguments of their rather similar opponents. Ah, but all of this means nothing in the face of hindsight, no? So I suppose, in the end, any real arguing of this point is rendered moot.

2: Two you don’t… ah fuck I don’t know where to even start so much is wrong and the computer I am on is crappy. Nuke was not ‘defending himself’ he was saying “I am not scums because that is how I roles” Almost everything he said was chainsaw of Leaf or OMGUS. So yes that would indeed make me the victim. Although I don’t remember ‘playing the victim’ as you say. Kind sirah how can you not see budding in the first day? Really answer that.

Pfft; quotes, if you don't mind.

And I fail to see how you're the victim in all that, considering you're still six feet above the man you got killed.

3: Arrogant again. I will have you know that I hemmed and hawed and thought much over the night and part of the day, I just did not say in my first post “I WAS VERY CONFLECTED ABOUT NUKE COMEING UP TOWN.” And you know why? BECAUSE THIS GAME IS A GAMBLE! I gambled that nuke was scum. I lost. The odds were in my favor though because of the way he acted. But you know what I did not want to gamble on nuke, the odds were better on leaf, sadly I was forced to choose between nuke and a gamble that had a Zero percent success.

Ahahaha. Hmm, yes; quite conflicted. I can see that.

They are scum and they need to die.

>.>

If you were really all that conflicted, then you should have made that crystal clear before Nuke died. You did not, of course, so one must presume that you are talking completely and utterly out of your arse. Besides which, I find it difficult to believe that someone who quite recently proclaimed he was trying to play the game 'confidently' would second-guess himself into going for a majority vote. Just sounded like you wanted to get someone lynched and didn't really care who; something I found rather peculiar, myself. After all, I can't imagine why another player would do something like that.[/sarcasm]

Lot of what looks like purposeful misconstruing, maybe you are an idiot?

Really? Just looks like a fairly-made - and unanswered, I can't help but notice - cluster of questions to me. Does anyone else happen to disagree with my inquiries, or is cript just rubbish at deflecting?

I think that Otto=wolf + Otto=Teamed with web/you answers this entire thing.

Oh, pardon me; it seems you did give me an answer. Alas, however, it appears that it is an answer that... well, answers nothing; and yes, despite the claim that it answers everything. Try again: this time, with feeling.

What do you think I have been doing? Go ahead and find one post of mine that came after someone attacking me and see if I did not ‘Try explaining your own scummy behavior’ also I think I am tied with Otto. (By the way when the only people are vote me are people I think are scum I don’t think I am that bad off. Oh wait toaster is voting me. I forgot to answer his question… ops)

You may have been trying to do so, but if you're drawing in number of votes with the persona non grata of the game thus far, you can't be doing a very good job, can you?

So much crap. I think this is all covered already though I attacked Otto for putting leafs name in red. He has yet to defend himself.

Unless you can start reading and having basic understanding of what is happing I really am going to get pissed because of how hard your posts are to slog though.

...wait. So you started your attack on Otto... because he's voting for the guy you wanted to lynch the most last round? It kind of made sense when it looked (at least to me) like you were questioning why he found you the second most suspicious person in the game, but this...

...what?

Eh, and I 'slogged' through 15 pages of you butting heads with the same two people just to get up to date. Surely you can deign to respond to any questions I may have proffered your way? Or do all those big, bad paragraphs scare you?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2010, 03:56:33 pm »

If a draw occurs, will there be no lynch, or multiple lynched people?

Do you ever intend to post content?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 19, 2010, 04:11:18 pm »

I usually fail at that.

Anyways unvote Leafsnail, vote Criptfeind

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia Day 2: When two tribes go to war...
« Reply #254 on: June 19, 2010, 07:07:37 pm »

Allow me to start by answering a question not directed at me.
I am sorry but like half the people in the game so far have at one point or another said "Cript looks iffy to me..." but without saying why and it is starting to bug me.
I agree with the people calling you iffy. But I think that I can quantify it.

You're all over the place with your suspicions. The first way you are doing this is with the Leaf=Mafia/Otto=wolf gambit. You are currently voting Otto because of your gambit. You are taking a chance that Otto acted like newbscum instead of voting the person you have called scum all game.

And more recently, you are getting into a heated discussion with Azure. If I am hearing this correctly, the basis for your suspicion of him is based on his predecessor, webadict. You say that webadict acted scummy towards the end of day 1. I don't see how you could get such a solid read on someone that posted as rarely as he did. Even when he posts pages of analysis, people have trouble reading him. But you are basing both your suspicion of Azure (and if I read correctly, your Otto gambit) on your being able to read his scarce posts?

If you stayed with your Leaf vendetta today, then you would be alot less iffy in my mind. But instead you are all over the place.
Which people do you suspect right now?
Is your recent discussion with Azure just defensive, or do you see him as scum?
Who is your top suspect!
Has your opinion of Leaf changed since the beginning of the day?

But like I said, its just iffy. I'll be better suited to judge once I get some answers.

I usually fail at that.

Anyways unvote Leafsnail, vote Criptfeind
He said to post content, not hop on the bandwagon.

Leaf:I see that you are still voting Criptfeind, but from todays posts I can't determine your reasons. Is it mostly yesterday that you are basing your vote on, or can you enumerate any new ones?

Ugh. Ill get to other people later. I'm hungry.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29