Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Monks and Masons Mafia - END! Wolves win!  (Read 27658 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia - Day 2: When two tribes go to war...
« Reply #270 on: June 21, 2010, 11:28:19 am »

Try to follow here okay?

But on the other hand - if he is in fact 'the King of the Mafia' - what makes you think you know him well enough to know when he's scum or when he's a townie? What, exactly, makes you so sure he was a wolf? You say he was budding; but hell, you say that about everybody. You also say Otto claimed he was scum: Otto, the same person you're lobbying to get lynched at this moment.

Besides which, where exactly does he say that web is scum? All web's name has been used for thus far is as a poor attempt to justify a lynch.

And even if Otto did outright say 'Azure/webadict is scum,' how do you know he isn't lying? How do you know he isn't just trying to get me killed with him? How can you justify it? Just on my word against his? Pah.

He is a wolf because of THE FLAVOR TEXT SAYS LEAF IS MAFIA.

Here is him budding.

Nah, if either of those two are scum, it's Leafsnail.
Criptfeind isn't scum, or at least isn't as scummy looking as Leafsnail. It doesn't take a genius (or does it?) To see that.
But, NUKE and Leafsnail are scum. Jokerman is also scum.
Nuke, are you voting criptfeind?

Ahahaha. Hmm, yes; quite conflicted. I can see that.

They are scum and they need to die.

>.>

If you were really all that conflicted, then you should have made that crystal clear before Nuke died. You did not, of course, so one must presume that you are talking completely and utterly out of your arse. Besides which, I find it difficult to believe that someone who quite recently proclaimed he was trying to play the game 'confidently' would second-guess himself into going for a majority vote. Just sounded like you wanted to get someone lynched and didn't really care who; something I found rather peculiar, myself. After all, I can't imagine why another player would do something like that.[/sarcasm]

Why is this so hard for you? Why should I say "You know guyz lets kill nuke but I don't know if he is scum." You are trying to kill me now but I don't see you saying you don't know if I am scum.

Also "like you wanted to get someone lynched and didn't really care who" and "I find it difficult to believe that someone who quite recently proclaimed he was trying to play the game 'confidently' would second-guess himself into going for a majority vote" What? That does not make sense. How can I not care and be second guessing myself?

As a aside: Why do your quotes not go to the source when I click on them? It makes it really fucking hard to find out what you are talking about.

So you started your attack on Otto... because he's voting for the guy you wanted to lynch the most last round? It kind of made sense when it looked (at least to me) like you were questioning why he found you the second most suspicious person in the game, but this...

what?

No that is incorrect. Why does it make sense to you to OMGUS someone but not to vote for them because they are voting for someone you think is scum when you know the other scum team knows one of the scum?

Also it is not fun to copy and paste (sometimes literally) my thoughts over and over because you seem to lack basic logic capabilities.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monks and Masons Mafia Day 2: When two tribes go to war...
« Reply #271 on: June 21, 2010, 11:28:49 am »

I agree with the people calling you iffy. But I think that I can quantify it.

You're all over the place with your suspicions. The first way you are doing this is with the Leaf=Mafia/Otto=wolf gambit. You are currently voting Otto because of your gambit. You are taking a chance that Otto acted like newbscum instead of voting the person you have called scum all game.

And more recently, you are getting into a heated discussion with Azure. If I am hearing this correctly, the basis for your suspicion of him is based on his predecessor, webadict. You say that webadict acted scummy towards the end of day 1. I don't see how you could get such a solid read on someone that posted as rarely as he did. Even when he posts pages of analysis, people have trouble reading him. But you are basing both your suspicion of Azure (and if I read correctly, your Otto gambit) on your being able to read his scarce posts?

If you stayed with your Leaf vendetta today, then you would be alot less iffy in my mind. But instead you are all over the place.
Which people do you suspect right now?
Is your recent discussion with Azure just defensive, or do you see him as scum?
Who is your top suspect!
Has your opinion of Leaf changed since the beginning of the day?

But like I said, its just iffy. I'll be better suited to judge once I get some answers.

Okay thank you.

Unvote

It is not really a solid reason and truly I was not planing on trying to lynch web or Azure today since then my mind has been changed. The Otto gambit is helped by my thoughts on web but it can stand on its own without it, on the other hand it is not like I would lynch him for that alone if there was anyone else to vote for.

In my mind there is no reason at all to vote leaf. I am right and he dies or I am wrong and he lives, ether way I should not vote him.

I don't see why people think I am "all over" I have only truly attacked three people today.

I suspect in this order
Leaf
Azure Sepulchre
Otto

In the start of the day I did not fully have my gambit in mind and so I was conflected over leaf. After thinking I realized it and since then I have though fully of him as scum.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 21, 2010, 01:45:40 pm »

I need to get off my ass and stop slumming. Hopefully I'll be able to get on later tonight and dedicate just an hour and a half to just this.

First, Unvote and a request for a Vote Count.

Then, Wolf. Your argument - it smells a whole lot like you're trying to lay the groundwork for a "If the Mafia isn't the victim of a night kill tonight, it must have been due to inactive newbs, so lets go after those guys!"
Sure, its a possibility - but even so, it seems a lot like your setting people up as future targets.

I did some analysis, and while there isn't a lot to back up my suspicions, you are generally hanging back this game - your attacks seem to incriminate without really asking for a response or push for more information. I don't like that - you aren't so much scumhunting, it seems, as looking for people you can lynch.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 21, 2010, 03:46:12 pm »

(Emphasis mine)

I assume he will flip mafia true. I do not know if Otto will flip wolf, I am as far as he goes not using a "gambit" and so do not know.

It is not really a solid reason and truly I was not planing on trying to lynch web or Azure today since then my mind has been changed. The Otto gambit is helped by my thoughts on web but it can stand on its own without it, on the other hand it is not like I would lynch him for that alone if there was anyone else to vote for.

In the start of the day I did not fully have my gambit in mind and so I was conflected over leaf. After thinking I realized it and since then I have though fully of him as scum.

Are you using a gambit or not?  Make up your mind.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 21, 2010, 04:30:07 pm »

Votecount

Unvote

Vote Leafsnail

Cript, are you saying that voting scum is useless?

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 21, 2010, 04:48:15 pm »

Yeah bold your Vote Count requests so I can read them please. Thanks Ottofar
Votecount:
1. Azure Sepulchre [1] - Criptfeind
2. GlyphGryph
3. Leafsnail [1] - Ottofar
4. Eduren
5. Blargityblarg

6. Lonewolf I [1] - GlyphGryph
7. Criptfeind [3] - Leafsnail, Toaster, Azure Sepulchre
8. Pimpson
9. Ottofar [2] - Lonewolf I, Blargityblarg
10. Toaster
Not voting: Pimpson, Eurden

I like the colour-coded-ness. It helps! :D

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 21, 2010, 06:08:14 pm »

(Emphasis mine)

I assume he will flip mafia true. I do not know if Otto will flip wolf, I am as far as he goes not using a "gambit" and so do not know.

Are you using a gambit or not?  Make up your mind.

Ah sorry I understand how you may have thought that. I am useing what I am calling a gambit on leaf. Otto is part of that gambit but that is not the enitre reason I was voting him, see all of his activeity so far for reasons why.

Votecount

Unvote

Vote Leafsnail

No. Really guys. Is it me or just Otto and and Azure?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2010, 06:20:10 pm »

Look Cript, we get what you're saying. From your point of view, Leafy dies tonight so why bother lynching him, right?

The problem is that this is pretty scummy in and of itself. For a townie, the shortest distance between finding scum and getting them killed is the power of lynch. For a townie to rely on chances and what if's instead of following their instincts to kill scum ASAP, is a little rare.

You have argued Leafy to be scum all game but do not want to lynch him. This throws people off.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2010, 10:58:15 pm »

Then, Wolf. Your argument - it smells a whole lot like you're trying to lay the groundwork for a "If the Mafia isn't the victim of a night kill tonight, it must have been due to inactive newbs, so lets go after those guys!"
Sure, its a possibility - but even so, it seems a lot like your setting people up as future targets.

I kinda ran out of leads, and I definitely jumped the gun on that line of thought by falling back on it.  I was planning on bringing it up tomorrow morning after seeing the kills, but I decided it would be interesting to see what reaction I could get, if any, from the sub players.

I did some analysis, and while there isn't a lot to back up my suspicions, you are generally hanging back this game - your attacks seem to incriminate without really asking for a response or push for more information. I don't like that - you aren't so much scumhunting, it seems, as looking for people you can lynch.

You mentioned earlier that my gameplay was quite a bit more 'gamey' than my previous games.  This is deliberate on my part.  I'm trying to improve my style in that direction, and I guess I went a little too far.

Unvote
If I may add:
Cript, are you saying that we should leave it to the scum to kill each other off?

Azure Sepulchre, I just noticed this little tidbit from your predecessor, and I'm surprised Criptfeind didn't explore it further when he quoted it.  You two are mafia.  You killed Jokerman, and you continue to hound Leaf out of Webadict's belief that he's a wolf.  Cript didn't even attack you when he voted you.  You're obviously bussing.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 22, 2010, 10:23:40 am »

Azure Sepulchre, I just noticed this little tidbit from your predecessor, and I'm surprised Criptfeind didn't explore it further when he quoted it.  You two are mafia.  You killed Jokerman, and you continue to hound Leaf out of Webadict's belief that he's a wolf.  Cript didn't even attack you when he voted you.  You're obviously bussing.

...huh. That's... a pretty big conclusion to come to from one little sentence. Peculiar, too, that you decided to switch to me the moment Criptfiend did. Very... strange.

So... when have I hounded Leaf? And, considering Otto is clearly taking web's theories to heart (to the point where he's willing to quote them as if they were gospel), why don't you suspect him? And how am I obviously bussing, considering I and Cript have been arguing for the past two or three pages? I mean, seriously; you're making no sense. Besides which, I initially voted for Ottofar, but backed off onto Criptfeind - my second suspect - to see if anything resembling an explanation could be coaxed out of him. It seems not, so I may have no choice but to vote for him if he says nothing by tomorrow. I was really sure he wasn't scum, but it's not like he's giving us much reason to think so. Hell, at least Cript gives some kind of explanation when you ask him what he's doing. Emphasis on some.

He is a wolf because of THE FLAVOR TEXT SAYS LEAF IS MAFIA.

No, it doesn't. Besides which, even if it did, it wouldn't explain how web is/I am a wolf, nor would I be inclined to take it seriously because it's bloody flavour text. Stop talking out of your arse.

Here is him budding.

Nah, if either of those two are scum, it's Leafsnail.
Criptfeind isn't scum, or at least isn't as scummy looking as Leafsnail. It doesn't take a genius (or does it?) To see that.
Nuke, are you voting criptfeind?

I was trying to get you to find quotes of web budding with Leaf, not quotes of web budding with you. That's just weird.

Why is this so hard for you? Why should I say "You know guyz lets kill nuke but I don't know if he is scum." You are trying to kill me now but I don't see you saying you don't know if I am scum.

I don't know. Why didn't you say 'You know guys lets kill leaf I know he is scum'? He was, after all, your first choice as scum, and if you were capable of convincing enough people to lynch him, then you wouldn't have voted for someone you weren't entirely sure about.

And of course you don't see me saying I don't know if you're scum or not. Why? Because I'm sure you are scum, obviously.

Also "like you wanted to get someone lynched and didn't really care who" and "I find it difficult to believe that someone who quite recently proclaimed he was trying to play the game 'confidently' would second-guess himself into going for a majority vote" What? That does not make sense. How can I not care and be second guessing myself?

The first line was just a bit of sarcasm implying you were scum, the second was not. Really, now; am I going to have to put [/sacasm] next to every jest I make for the rest of the game?

As a aside: Why do your quotes not go to the source when I click on them? It makes it really fucking hard to find out what you are talking about.

I don't have as much time on the internet as I would prefer, so occasionally I have to rush my posts by just highlighting the text in something I want to quote, copy-pasting it, quote-bubbling it and typing the name into the top. Life just keeps getting in the bloody way. >.>

No that is incorrect. Why does it make sense to you to OMGUS someone but not to vote for them because they are voting for someone you think is scum when you know the other scum team knows one of the scum?

...but I am voting for you.

Besides, we don't know if the wolves know who any of the mafioso are yet. There is still always the chance that they just didn't vote because they were inactive. Or do you know something we don't, scum?

Also it is not fun to copy and paste (sometimes literally) my thoughts over and over because you seem to lack basic logic capabilities.

Nor is it any fun to read them over and over and over, knowing every time that they still won't explain a god damn thing because the man who wrote them either can't puzzle out basic grammar, is outright trying to confuse people or is just randomly bashing his hands off the keyboard to see what happens.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 22, 2010, 11:10:13 am »

I still don't read cript as scum, and while I think Leaf is scum its mostly a gut feeling. Either way, cript is banking so much on the night kill tonight that I'm tempted just to ignore that whole section of the game and hope it untangles itself with everyone involved dying and turning up scum (a futile dream, most likely, but hey! It could happen!).

Unvote LoneWolf seems alright - for now. Your responses were acceptable.

Ottofar is still pretty much unrepentantly obvscum.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 22, 2010, 11:24:37 am »

Just wondering, what are the common rules on forced replaces on this forum? I'm considering one for Pimpson.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 22, 2010, 11:27:53 am »

2 prods without a post. prods at least 24 hours apart. That seems to be somewhere around standard anyways, but specific vary.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 22, 2010, 11:28:04 am »

Wolf:  If you think both Azure and cript are both scum, why did you vote Azure over cript?  Cript has more votes, so he'd be the easier lynch.

Blarg is active lurking.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's the "designated lurker" of a scum team.  Blarg, your last post was a flimsy finger toward cript, but you're still voting Otto.  Let's here some reasoning, and see some attacking out of you.

Eduren, I haven't picked your brain yet.  In your first full post, you said you would come back to other people, yet since then you've only been on people you mentioned in that post.  Is there someone besides cript you suspect?

Spit:  I think it's mod's discretion.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 22, 2010, 11:38:29 am »

If he doesn't post by tommorow I will have to then.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29